X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrub wrote: View Post
    I know Ujiri realizes that.
    If he doesn't, I want another GM.
    One who doesn't suffer from tunnel vision.
    Yeah I should've said "know". Ujiri seems like one of those guys who loves to leave as many options open as possible, then capitalize on the best one when the time comes.
    Last edited by Masai Ujiri; Sun Dec 15, 2013, 03:35 PM.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
      Uh. We DON'T know what the plan is.

I want us to tank. I don't know that's always what MU's had in mind. Noone does.

He may be playing strictly by a maximize all assets kind of thing. Maybe he saw Patterson as a young big underperforming in a bad environment and GV as a talented PG being utilized the wrong way. Maybe he saw Gay as a cancer to the clubhouse, team and development of new players.
      Well.. my rationale for assuming its a tank is MU's press release ( we wont be stuck in no man's land, we wont make a move just to add couple of more wins, etc, etc). Also, if we wanted to do a deep playoff run we always could have traded Gay for a better haul than what we got and If financial flexibility is what we are looking for while contending this year... then theres absolutely no need in shipping Lowry out... i agree that about 70% of the recent front office activities lead me to believe its a Tank.

Also, if you guys are thinking the team is doing good after the trade.... please refer to the 5 games winning streak after Rudy Gay trade last year. In my opinion (assuming its a place to post opinions) its a TANK.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
        Well.. my rationale for assuming its a tank is MU's press release ( we wont be stuck in no man's land, we wont make a move just to add couple of more wins, etc, etc). Also, if we wanted to do a deep playoff run we always could have traded Gay for a better haul than what we got and If financial flexibility is what we are looking for while contending this year... then theres absolutely no need in shipping Lowry out... i agree that about 70% of the recent front office activities lead me to believe its a Tank.

Also, if you guys are thinking the team is doing good after the trade.... please refer to the 5 games winning streak after Rudy Gay trade last year. In my opinion (assuming its a place to post opinions) its a TANK.
        I seriously doubt that. How do you know we could have gotten a better haul? his trade value isn't so great (dude is shooting 39% from the field). I don't think we could have gotten a better package

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          I seriously doubt that. How do you know we could have gotten a better haul? his trade value isn't so great (dude is shooting 39% from the field). I don't think we could have gotten a better package
          I think we could have gotten an equally bad contract that meshes with out roster if we are gonna gun for the playoffs. Alas, Carlos boozer...(I am not saying Carlos boozer is the right player, it's just an example)

The Gay trade for us is a straight salary dump to create flexibility for THIS summer.. I don't know how that's winning now mode.

May be I am biased by the desire to tank this year... We ll wait and see! But as a fan I can't tolerate mediocracy which this roster resembles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If we keep winning playing our young guys & playing the right way, I'm okay with making the playoffs as a 6th seed at least. Anything lower, I'd rather have a top pick. I wouldn't mortgage our whole future for a top pick. That means I'll trade Lowry, Novak, Hansbrough, Daye, Salmons for whatever future asset we can get. I'll only think about trading Amir and DeMar for really promising prospects or high draft pick. I still rather tank, but I won't blow the whole team just so we can have an additional pick late first round, that's all. I know for a fact Masai can find an impact player anywhere in the draft. I think we need a point guard prospect though, for sure.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk
            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
              So sick of people acting like they're inside Ujiri's head.

You're not the GM of the team. Just sit back, watch and let Masai do his thing.
              Some can't seem to fathom that Masai Ujiri may just know a hell of a lot more than them in building a team,,,,, in the real world of the NBA, lotteries, and draft picks. As someone else said, he's playing the hand he was dealt, not the one he wishes he was dealt, and making the team BETTER so far, not their desired worse, lol.

I must say, considering how often us ant-tankers have been spoken down to as short-sighted, ridiculous, etc., it's enjoyable seeing many squirming over the team playing MUCH better, and damn enjoyable basketball.

Go Raptors!!! Go DeMar! Go JV! Go Ross! Go Amir! Go Masai! You're not losers, regardless of what some misguided souls think.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                Some can't seem to fathom that Masai Ujiri may just know a hell of a lot more than them in building a team,,,,, in the real world of the NBA, lotteries, and draft picks. As someone else said, he's playing the hand he was dealt, not the one he wishes he was dealt, and making the team BETTER so far, not their desired worse, lol.

I must say, considering how often us ant-tankers have been spoken down to as short-sighted, ridiculous, etc., it's enjoyable seeing many squirming over the team playing MUCH better, and damn enjoyable basketball.

Go Raptors!!! Go DeMar! Go JV! Go Ross! Go Amir! Go Masai! You're not losers, regardless of what some misguided souls think.
                beyond obnoxious. the community on this forum is a thoughtful one. not always polite, but at least thoughtful. stop playing the partisan fan lol. this isn't politics.

great for you if the raptors don't tank. but also great for me, IF it makes them into a top 6 team in the league at some point.

you're not going to win anything if the raptors don't tank. you aren't going to be a better fan. you aren't going to be proven right about anything. you don't want them to tank. great.

add something to the conversation instead of throwing fuel on the fire. talk about what you think the ceiling should be for this team. what moves we should consider etc.

you're not going to get a gold medal no matter what happens. so lets enjoy the process.

there's no such group as anti-tankers. suggest strategies and be pro something. go beyond tearing down other strategies.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I think we could have gotten an equally bad contract that meshes with out roster if we are gonna gun for the playoffs. Alas, Carlos boozer...(I am not saying Carlos boozer is the right player, it's just an example)

The Gay trade for us is a straight salary dump to create flexibility for THIS summer.. I don't know how that's winning now mode.

May be I am biased by the desire to tank this year... We ll wait and see! But as a fan I can't tolerate mediocracy which this roster resembles!

What you "think" is nothing more than imagination. This is not what MU bases his decisions on.

And this of used "winning now mode" refrain is only seeing the world in black/white. Do still refuse to accept that their is more than one option to re-building a team? Get over it, because Masai just may see the real world of the NBA differently than you.

Comment

What you "think" is nothing more than imagination. This is not what MU bases his decisions on.

And this of used "winning now mode" refrain is only seeing the world in black/white. Do still refuse to accept that their is more than one option to re-building a team? Get over it, because Masai just may see the real world of the NBA differently than you.
                    What part of the meaning of "I think" you don't understand... If these forums are for facts and facts only you and me shouldn't be posting here nor anyone except Masai Ujiri. You only wanna post what MU bases his decisions on? So who are you to say he is not tanking? Were you in his head? He consults you before making up his decision?. So don't bring that bullshit around here, share your opinion and feel free to counter others. Don't create rules as to what other's opinions should be based on. That's complete nonsense.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                      beyond obnoxious. the community on this forum is a thoughtful one. not always polite, but at least thoughtful. stop playing the partisan fan lol. this isn't politics.

great for you if the raptors don't tank. but also great for me, IF it makes them into a top 6 team in the league at some point.

you're not going to win anything if the raptors don't tank. you aren't going to be a better fan. you aren't going to be proven right about anything. you don't want them to tank. great.

add something to the conversation instead of throwing fuel on the fire. talk about what you think the ceiling should be for this team. what moves we should consider etc.

you're not going to get a gold medal no matter what happens. so lets enjoy the process.

there's no such group as anti-tankers. suggest strategies and be pro something. go beyond tearing down other strategies.
                      I treat obnoxious with their own medicine. I treat bullies with their own medicine (always have. was the high school jock that gave it to the bullies), even if I don't have a gang backing me up. Y'all got a lot of self-righteous nerve calling me obnoxious, considering all the insults thrown at anybody, including me, that has tried to present an ant-tanking stance.

Boo effing hoo that I don't participate in "ceiling" imaginations and play the trade machine games. I talk about the real things happening and respond with my opinions of others opinions. Got a problem with that? Tough. grow some gonads, and put some big boy pants on.

Comment

I treat obnoxious with their own medicine. I treat bullies with their own medicine (always have. was the high school jock that gave it to the bullies), even if I don't have a gang backing me up. Y'all got a lot of self-righteous nerve calling me obnoxious, considering all the insults thrown at anybody, including me, that has tried to present an ant-tanking stance.

Boo effing hoo that I don't participate in "ceiling" imaginations and play the trade machine games. I talk about the real things happening and respond with my opinions of others opinions. Got a problem with that? Tough. grow some gonads, and put some big boy pants on.
                        LOL. you obviously enjoy the fighting.

you constantly champion the "anti tanking" side as if that's a real thing. being anti-aggression isn't a geo-political stance if you don't have an alternative.

champion a real idea. not tanking isn't going to make us into a good team. the moves that come later will. you seem to forget that we're all on the same side. we all want the same thing. we just disagree about the best way to go about it.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

What part of the meaning of "I think" you don't understand... If these forums are for facts and facts only you and me shouldn't be posting here nor anyone except Masai Ujiri. You only wanna post what MU bases his decisions on? So who are you to say he is not tanking? Were you in his head? He consults you before making up his decision?. So don't bring that bullshit around here, share your opinion and feel free to counter others. Don't create rules as to what other's opinions should be based on. That's complete nonsense.

Opinions are good. That's what we're all here for. Not trying to create rules at all, but whine away if that makes you feel better. When I responded to your "I think", it wasn't simply responding to a basic opinion of anything real, but was pure imagination of what Masia "could have" done. I was just making that clear, and implying (sorry to be subtle) that you can't judge Masia's decision making upon what you imagine he could have done, therefore what he has done means.............. now that is nonsense.

Comment

Bulls!t, nonsense.

Potato, potatoe.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                              So sick of people acting like they're inside Ujiri's head.

You're not the GM of the team. Just sit back, watch and let Masai do his thing.
                              Gah. People that say this infuriate me so much.

If we're not allowed to try and predict what moves MU will make, or bring up hypothetical situations for discussion, then what's the point of a forum?

If everyone had the same viewpoint regarding every single thing that goes on with this team, this forum would be a ghost town.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                                Gah. People that say this infuriate me so much.

If we're not allowed to try and predict what moves MU will make, or bring up hypothetical situations for discussion, then what's the point of a forum?

If everyone had the same viewpoint regarding every single thing that goes on with this team, this forum would be a ghost town.
                                Hang on. I think there's a bit of tricky wording here. I've seen people write "If I was Masai..."..you could just say "If I was the GM.." But, then people will say "well, you're not. Ujiri is"..just can't win on the internet.
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X