• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• consmap
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Well said Mr. Shrub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OH man, I laughed too hard at this hahaha.
    I half agree with Shrub though. I'll enjoy the win, but I'm concerned for the future of the franchise. I'm just unsure about whether we can sustain success in the future if we're winning like this.

EDIT: Ack! You changed it xD

Leave a comment:

• Shrub
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Well said Mr. Scrub.

Hahahahaha

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Raptors after blackhole trade

Shrub wrote: View Post
    From a really 'realist' perspective, this has become more or less a new team overnight.
    So - realistically, of course - we should chill out and watch these kids play.
    They may play very well together *gasp*.
    Imagine if everyone insisted Denver tank after the Carmelo trade?
    That would be a damn shame.

This is why tank-talk drives me nuts.
    Folks, that was a fine evening of excellent basketball.
    Damn fine.

Keep an open mind, and enjoy a win yo.
    Well said Mr. Shrub.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sun Dec 15, 2013, 12:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Shrub
    replied
    Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    I hate it from a realists perspective. We should be losing not winning....
    From a really 'realist' perspective, this has become more or less a new team overnight.
    So - realistically, of course - we should chill out and watch these kids play.
    They may play very well together *gasp*.
    Imagine if everyone insisted Denver tank after the Carmelo trade?
    That would be a damn shame.

This is why tank-talk drives me nuts.
    Folks, that was a fine evening of excellent basketball.
    Damn fine.

Keep an open mind, and enjoy a win yo.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    A season goes up and down.. right now the Raptors are playing well (excitement from trade maybe).. but they've also had a pretty soft schedule (Lakers, Philly, Bulls without Rose). Real test is if they can beat teams that are good. And so far this season that has not been the case.

Wait until they play Dallas, OKC and San Antonio. If they win 2 out of 3 of those games then I'll be impressed.
    Me too. Likely will go 0-3.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    A season goes up and down.. right now the Raptors are playing well (excitement from trade maybe).. but they've also had a pretty soft schedule (Lakers, Philly, Bulls without Rose). Real test is if they can beat teams that are good. And so far this season that has not been the case.

Wait until they play Dallas, OKC and San Antonio. If they win 2 out of 3 of those games then I'll be impressed.
    Soft or not soft schedule, but ball still moves. you can see clear difference on TV.

EDIT: We played spurs and ball was moving very well.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    The team is definitely more watchable.

We still need to tank, in my opinion. A team built around Derozan/Johnson/(Lowry?) can't go very far, but may go far enough to miss out on a star.

Leave a comment:

• Blacklash2k4
    replied
    It's fine if we win games for now as long as Ujiri eventually breaks up this team. There's still a lot of games to lose, so the tank is still alive and well...

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    I love it from a fanboy's perspective. Raptors basketball is finally watchable. I hate it from a realists perspective. We should be losing not winning....
    So true

Teams go on streaks at different points of year... Even the really bad ones

Leave a comment:

• Blacklash2k4
    replied
    I love it from a fanboy's perspective. Raptors basketball is finally watchable. I hate it from a realists perspective. We should be losing not winning....

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    started a topic Raptors on the Rise?

Raptors on the Rise?

Just take a look...

@ Lakers - W, 19 AST
    vs Spurs - L, 23 AST
    vs 76ers - W, 24 AST
    @ Bulls - W, 26 AST <<< season best.

3-1 without Gay.

5-1 when more than 20 AST.

Ball moves from side to side, it's so fun to watch. I can't believe that one guy has changed everything.
Working...
X