Raptors on the Rise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    It's open season on trades, and I don't hear a peep about the Raptors. Clearly Masaii is making moves.
    Yup that's how he operates
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
      The way I see it, if we do make the playoffs this year with the current group, we have a better chance of being able to improve the team as we are no longer capped out.
      That is a very good point.

*Get ready, possible negativity about to enter this post*

With the cap space, what free agent is available to get them over the hump that they can sign? While there is a lot of competition to reach the top of the draft this year, there is also an equal amount of competition this summer with salary cap space. 14 teams have enough cap space to offer $13M or more - that does not include possible team option declines.

When looking at the trade route, none of us are involved in GM negotiations so take this for what it is worth, what assets, outside of cap space and draft picks, do the Raptors have to improve the roster without giving up what we assume to be the current core (DD, JV, Ross, Amir)? We are getting a lesson in over valuing your own assets with Kyle Lowry.

Anyways, don't lose sight of my first sentence: you raise a very good point.

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
        From a really 'realist' perspective, this has become more or less a new team overnight.
        So - realistically, of course - we should chill out and watch these kids play.
        They may play very well together *gasp*.
        Imagine if everyone insisted Denver tank after the Carmelo trade?
        That would be a damn shame.

This is why tank-talk drives me nuts.
        Folks, that was a fine evening of excellent basketball.
        Damn fine.

Keep an open mind, and enjoy a win yo.
        It was indeed a great night.

Comment

It's open season on trades, and I don't hear a peep about the Raptors. Clearly Masaii is making moves.

"You only hear what I want you to hear."

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
            It's far too early to get excited one way or another but, man, this is starting to remind me of 2006-07.... Yeah, no Bosh. But if Val and Amir are throwing up double/doubles every other night.....
            Hopefully if repeat of 2006-7 MU will not keep Casey unlike BC who kept Sam Mitchell.

Comment

Thankfully unlike BC era.

Comment

I just think Masai should give this group same about of games as the other group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  I just think Masai should give this group same about of games as the other group.

I agree with all of them except Lowry.
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

lol. You're the one who started the thread saying don't let the snowball get momentum.
                    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
                      lol. You're the one who started the thread saying don't let the snowball get momentum.
                      Really need to work on my sarcasm

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Really need to work on my sarcasm

lol, my bad. Should've known.
                        "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                        - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          3. Atlanta
                          4. Boston
                          5. Detroit
                          6. Charlotte

Geez, Louise, 3rd seed is ours for the taking if that is the way MU wants to go. 2nd round wouldn't be a stretch.
                          We've only made second round once in franchise history.

Comment

• Meh, listen, if toronto all of a sudden were to go 10-1 then 20-3 over the next 25 games than fine, fuck the tank, they are awesome. I have zero idea what they are doing, but if a team consistently wins, they are good. And Hey, i am not gonna hate on that. Toronto has a really young roster already.....

mystery team

Comment

• Sarcasm aside, I agree with the title of this thread.

Comment

• In other great news Pistons lost tonight at the buzzer. Hopefully this send them down another losing streak

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X