No announcement yet.

Raptors on the Rise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Wiggins has already stated he wants to play in TO. That being said he might fall in the draft with teams knowing he will want to come home once his rookie contract is up. We do have a good chance at getting him this year, regardless of his expected #1 ranking. Not to mention the All-star games is here in his 3rd year, just when he should be ready physically to make a big step.
    The future is very bright either way!!!!

Comment

• A lot of overreacting going on right now over a two game winning streak.

Comment

• delman21 wrote: View Post
        For all the tankers out there Syracuses Jimmy Boeheim has stated that there isn't one talent like Lebron or Tim Duncan coming in this draft. Hopefully he knows a little more than everyone here talking about getting rid of everyone for a shot at a teenager that will take 2-3 years to develop.
        And countless other people with tons of real-life basketball experience have said precisely the opposite, that many of this year's kids are particularly special. Several NBA players said that Jabari Parker was ready to play in the league two years ago.

Comment

• every game counts. Its numbers.

this team is not bad enough to lose 30 straight.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            I don't know what Masai is going to do. I'm really interested to see what his made of. It's easy to blow up a team on a 4 game losing streak. Every body agrees with you it's the right move. When your team is on possible on 3 game win streak, leading their division and playing the best basketball of the season. That takes balls. Fans and media might turn on you. Should be interesting. I'm proud of these guys for making it hard on him. They could of easily just say "Fuck it Masai blowing it up anyways" but they didn't mail it in. Some very great character guys in that locker room.

If anything not done by Thursday. I think that will say a lot. That Masai is giving them a chance till the deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            who gives a shit about a 3 game win streak? we are 9-13. not even a .500 team in a shitty division.

MU has definitely said its easy to just build a playoff team which isn't what he ultimately wants. whether hes going to hold on to this team as a stepping stone or blow it up asap is obviously up in the air, but since there are important deadlines to consider (particularly the trade options/timing/limits) sensible thing would be to do it as soon as he can.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
              who gives a shit about a 3 game win streak? we are 9-13. not even a .500 team in a shitty division.

MU has definitely said its easy to just build a playoff team which isn't what he ultimately wants. whether hes going to hold on to this team as a stepping stone or blow it up asap is obviously up in the air, but since there are important deadlines to consider (particularly the trade options/timing/limits) sensible thing would be to do it as soon as he can.
              All I'm saying is that it would be very ballsy if pulled off a trade this week especially if they win on Wednesday. I just can't remember a GM gutting a team when they've been playing their best basketball of the year.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                And countless other people with tons of real-life basketball experience have said precisely the opposite, that many of this year's kids are particularly special. Several NBA players said that Jabari Parker was ready to play in the league two years ago.
                Name 1 of these "countless other people" that have near the credentials of Boeheim in evaluating college basketball players, and what did they say?

"Several NBA players said......"? Who? And when have anonymous NBA players become great judges of who will become a superstar? Kobe, one of the smartest and greatest talents of the generation said OJ Mayo was going to be a star. How's that evaluation going so far?

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                  Name 1 of these "countless other people" that have near the credentials of Boeheim in evaluating college basketball players, and what did they say?

"Several NBA players said......"? Who? And when have anonymous NBA players become great judges of who will become a superstar? Kobe, one of the smartest and greatest talents of the generation said OJ Mayo was going to be a star. How's that evaluation going so far?
                  Oh come on. Let's not be silly.

Scouts have been raving about these kids for years.
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• I want to remind everyone that we were a James Dolan veto away from moving Lowry to a division rival last week for a fat Raymond Felton, a useless MWP and a draft pick that can be used six years from now. That screams "tanking" trade to me, but what do I know.

With that trade falling through, I suppose there are no guarantees as to what direction Ujiri will go now. However I'd like to think that he won't be doing a drastic 180 on his plan after only a couple of wins against struggling teams.

Even with the recent success, the team is still 9-13. We have 4 more wins than the worst team in the league and have 61 games remaining in the season. I can't believe people are already starting to throw up their hands and say that a top five pick is out of the question, so we may as well go for it now with this patchwork roster. No wonder Colangelo had so many supporters around here.

Comment

A lot of scouts said the same thing. Including Chad Ford and all the other websites.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

All I'm saying is that it would be very ballsy if pulled off a trade this week especially if they win on Wednesday. I just can't remember a GM gutting a team when they've been playing their best basketball of the year.

The difference between a good GM and fans, is that the GM will always take the long view of his team, rather than react to much shorter term developments. I don't think MU would let a streak of any kind impact his decision making, when it comes to the strategic direction he intends to take this team and/or how he plans on building this team for the long-term.

Obviously I'm pro-rebuild, but my comment could be said about MU no matter what side of the tanking debate you're on. I agree that the Gay trade by itself didn't necessary confirm anything, nor did the Lowry rumor (especially after acquiring Vasquez, essentially making Lowry on an expiring contract expendable).

I will say, however, that this 3-game win streak doesn't confirm much about this team either.

Win #1 - against a bad Lakers team that was thrown out of whack by the return of a very rusty Kobe

Win #2 - against a pathetic 76ers team that was missing their best player (I still think they're the #1 tanking team)

Win #3 - against a beat-up Bulls team missing their starting & backup PG, with a replacement starting PG that was in the D-league a week or two ago

Yes, this team looks much better in terms of ball movement, but lets not confuse a revitalized team playing 3 terrible teams with a legitimate contender. Even in an historically bad Eastern Conference, this team is not good... yet.

Comment

A lot of scouts said the same thing. Including Chad Ford and all the other websites.

Whereas Boeheim has predicted successfully which college players will become NBA stars on multiple occasions? Come on.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Something I've noticed over the past few days: some people who for months a big deal about the value of cap space, and at least one who pounded away with it almost daily,,,,,,, are now playing down the importance of the Raps having made great strides to having it. Suddenly it's no big deal? Weird.

Comment

Something I've noticed over the past few days: some people who for months a big deal about the value of cap space, and at least one who pounded away with it almost daily,,,,,,, are now playing down the importance of the Raps having made great strides to having it. Suddenly it's no big deal? Weird.
                              Not really, if you follow the logic. A big reason many pro-rebuilders were pushing for cap space (at least in the short-term) was to allow trades to be made where a bad contract is brought it along with a prospect and/or draft pick (think Cleveland trading for Baron Davis and LAC's 1st round pick that wound up netting Irving).

Short term - cap space used to help acquire assets

Long term - cap space used to sign key free agents

The bottom line is that cap space is always useful to have, but for various reasons, depending on the state of the team and the direction the team is heading (which we don't yet know).

Comment

Something I've noticed over the past few days: some people who for months a big deal about the value of cap space, and at least one who pounded away with it almost daily,,,,,,, are now playing down the importance of the Raps having made great strides to having it. Suddenly it's no big deal? Weird.
                                I've read only positive things written about Ujiri being able to carve out some financial flexibility moving forward. What are you referring to?

Comment

Working...
                                X