• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    A good case of:

1) not having a retarded coaching scheme
    2) him not being the number 1 option
    3) small sample size (same as what happened to the Raps)

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    Cody73 wrote: View Post
    If the three can get us a playoff spot, we'll attract free agents to TO, a place folks usually aren't interested in considering we have sucked for years. I'm thinking about how this team could be similar to last years Denver Nuggets. A team with a strong bench that can assist the starters and hold a lead. That is what I look forward to. Also, Vasquez should take over the starting spot. He fits in better with this offense, I'd even give him some time at SG if your willing to play Demar at SF.
    He forced way too many shots last night.

Leave a comment:

• Shrub
    replied
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    I hope you guys aren't suggesting that Vasquez should be starting over Lowry right....
    That is not the suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    I hope you guys aren't suggesting that Vasquez should be starting over Lowry right....

Leave a comment:

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    The starting line will be and should be soon Vasquez/DeMar/Ross/Amir/JV

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I don't think Vasquez, DeRozan and Jonas are enough to fulfill Lieweke and Ujiri's dreams about hosting Larry O'Brien trophies....
    If the three can get us a playoff spot, we'll attract free agents to TO, a place folks usually aren't interested in considering we have sucked for years. I'm thinking about how this team could be similar to last years Denver Nuggets. A team with a strong bench that can assist the starters and hold a lead. That is what I look forward to. Also, Vasquez should take over the starting spot. He fits in better with this offense, I'd even give him some time at SG if your willing to play Demar at SF.

Leave a comment:

• Fully
    replied
    I guess we can cancel the parade.

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    raps still with 0 wins against >.500 teams.

wins so far:
    Boston
    Milwaukee
    Utah
    Memphis
    Philadelphia
    Washington
    LAL* Kobes first game back, he was terrible
    Philadelphia
    Chicago* 2 best PGs injured
    Last edited by stooley; Thu Dec 19, 2013, 10:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• enlightenment
    replied
    oh man, Ujiri is a wizard. It wouldve been Bargnani all over again if Rudy got hurt and we couldnt trade him by the deadline.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Did we really just trade Gay before an injury?

GO JEDI MASSAI Ujiri! lol
    I love it. What a sign of things to come.

Leave a comment:

• Rapstor4Life
    replied
    Did we really just trade Gay before an injury?

GO JEDI MASSAI Ujiri! lol

Leave a comment:

• Arsenalist
    replied
    KHD wrote: View Post
    The team is definitely more watchable.

We still need to tank, in my opinion. A team built around Derozan/Johnson/(Lowry?) can't go very far, but may go far enough to miss out on a star.
    By "tank" are you referring to getting a top three pick, a top 10 pick, or a lottery pick. Be specific, because this draft is deep.

Also, love the avatar - Özil!

Leave a comment:

• Fully
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Pro-tankers (of whom I am one) - You're saying, vs. Nosike, that no "pro-tanker" is advocating a fire sale or transactions with poor returns. You're saying that Ujiri's "we will not be a treadmill team" statements mean this team is going to tank/rebuild.

I agree.

But.

What if there are no solid offers, or offers that are a marked win for the Raps, for DD or Amir? What if the return for Lowry includes a solid established young player? What if, sans a fire sale, this team ends up finishing this season seeded somewhere between 7-10 anyway? Isn't this a highly probable outcome, considering how much stock everyone is putting in 2014 draft picks?

What then? Will your opinion change, at some point closer to the trade deadline, on the returns you'd expect for DD or Amir? If a high lottery pick is still within reach in January/February, would you fire sale then?

Right now I think a lot of us are asking to have our cake and eat it too. Not only does life not work that way, we all know being a fan of the Toronto Raptors does not work that way...

I may be wrong, but I'm more and more convinced that Ujiri's rebuild will be severe, but it will be multi-year. I don't think he's feeling the pressure of the 2014 draft. He is going to demand good return on every transaction, and that may mean moving forward with some of the current core. It may mean not having any more first round picks in 2014.

We'll see!
    It's very possible. It's definitely going to be a buyers market over the winter where a handful of top teams will have their choice of players from the dozen or so teams who will be jostling for position in the tank standings. I don't see any scenario where Ujiri purposely takes the ass end of a lopsided deal just to plummet in the standings, but there very well may be a few GMs who would be willing to do so. Naturally, the contending teams will be much more inclined to deal with them as the price they'll pay is going to be much lower.

I wouldn't drop my expectations on a return for DD/Amir very far as the trade deadline gets closer, but then again I'm already expecting a lot less than most of the board is. That Amir value thread sounds like people are expecting a top ten draft pick, or a lottery pick + more to come back for him, which I think is kind of ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Pro-tankers (of whom I am one) - You're saying, vs. Nosike, that no "pro-tanker" is advocating a fire sale or transactions with poor returns. You're saying that Ujiri's "we will not be a treadmill team" statements mean this team is going to tank/rebuild.

I agree.

But.

What if there are no solid offers, or offers that are a marked win for the Raps, for DD or Amir? What if the return for Lowry includes a solid established young player? What if, sans a fire sale, this team ends up finishing this season seeded somewhere between 7-10 anyway? Isn't this a highly probable outcome, considering how much stock everyone is putting in 2014 draft picks?

What then? Will your opinion change, at some point closer to the trade deadline, on the returns you'd expect for DD or Amir? If a high lottery pick is still within reach in January/February, would you fire sale then?

Right now I think a lot of us are asking to have our cake and eat it too. Not only does life not work that way, we all know being a fan of the Toronto Raptors does not work that way...

I may be wrong, but I'm more and more convinced that Ujiri's rebuild will be severe, but it will be multi-year. I don't think he's feeling the pressure of the 2014 draft. He is going to demand good return on every transaction, and that may mean moving forward with some of the current core. It may mean not having any more first round picks in 2014.

We'll see!

Leave a comment:

• delman21
    replied
    I think MU can definitely pitch the all star thing to someone coming here.

Someone who might be hungry and passed up, it is a little bit of a selling point, as long as were not in complete rebuild mode.

What I mean by that is were still in the midst of trying to move guys in and out, for pics and assets. Actually looking to make a move in the standings.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X