X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1
    replied
    p00ka wrote: View Post
    Stubbornness I guess. Just silliness not to see that a trade making the team better is a tank move.
    ?sarcasm. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I still boggles my mind that some haven't accepted the tank is in full effect.
    The next move may indicate that. But MU biding his time.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    ball4life wrote: View Post
    Everyone talks abt OKC model, Heat model, Pacer model... but i think we are going to build in a way where other teams are going to look at us and be like... "lets build it the Raptor model"
    but i just dont know what model that is.. LOL nothing in this post but just my thought..
    It will be the all dressed stud model because it is going to have it all!

Draft studs!
    Trade for studs!
    Sign free agent studs!

Leave a comment:

• ball4life
    replied
    Everyone talks abt OKC model, Heat model, Pacer model... but i think we are going to build in a way where other teams are going to look at us and be like... "lets build it the Raptor model"
    but i just dont know what model that is.. LOL nothing in this post but just my thought..

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Just my thoughts here but I truly believe 2013-14 is the teardown and asset accumulation; 2014-15 is the laying of the foundation while still sucking for a high pick; 2015-16 is the beginning of relevancy (i.e. coming out party) with a run at high profile free agent or blockbuster trade and all-star game.

But what do I know?
    Until MU's next move it's hard to say which way he is leaning, so everyone's opinion is worth the same. Your thoughts make sense, but I would just say that there isn't much room to stray from that plan in order to reach that goal by all star game in Toronto.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    It warms the heart to share a similar appreciation for each other.

If something is stated as speculation, cool. If something is stated as fact, I don't assume speculation, but treat it as it was stated. That being said, you're mistaken that I engage in speculation every day. In fact I very rarely do, and when I do, I make it very clear that's what I'm doing. Just saying.

"The Raptors, as constructed, are not likely capable of reaching contender status."??? Really? Who'da thunk? Thanks for that insight. It clears everything up.
    Glad to be of help

Leave a comment:

• p00ka
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Also...Do you know what speculation sounds like (yes, speculation, what everyone here including your pompous self engage in every day)? The Raptors, as constructed, are not likely capable of reaching contender status.
    It warms the heart to share a similar appreciation for each other.

If something is stated as speculation, cool. If something is stated as fact, I don't assume speculation, but treat it as it was stated. That being said, you're mistaken that I engage in speculation every day. In fact I very rarely do, and when I do, I make it very clear that's what I'm doing. Just saying.

"The Raptors, as constructed, are not likely capable of reaching contender status."??? Really? Who'da thunk? Thanks for that insight. It clears everything up.

Leave a comment:

• isaacthompson
    replied
    Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Any thoughts on whether the All Star game coming to Toronto comes into play on whether MU is tanking or not? Sort of a gun to his head saying the world will be watching us so we better not be the laughing stock of the NBA?
    I doubt it. I don't think he has the All-Star game in mind when making major decisions, that would be a fool's move..

Leave a comment:

• Masai Ujiri
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    That's what I'm saying. Their no way if we do a rebuild "right" that we're a good team by than.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If "right" means shipping out DD/Amir/Lowry for whatever picks/assets we can get? Then yeah we definitely will not be good by then.

Imo how we should do it is trade Lowry, like we appear to be doing... and keep Amir and DeRozan. Aside from that, hang onto Ross, Vasquez (if he can be re-signed for a fair price), JV and maybe one of Hansbrough/PP. Ship out guys like Novak and Salmons to contenders for 2nd rounders if possible.

I think worst case we have a top 7 pick in the 2014 draft, and probably something similar in 2015. Combine that with a ton of flexibility to make a run at a top free agent in 2015 or even a disgruntled star looking for a new destination, and I don't see why that team couldn't be competitive.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Any thoughts on whether the All Star game coming to Toronto comes into play on whether MU is tanking or not? Sort of a gun to his head saying the world will be watching us so we better not be the laughing stock of the NBA?
    That's what I'm saying. Their no way if we do a rebuild "right" that we're a good team by than.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Just my thoughts here but I truly believe 2013-14 is the teardown and asset accumulation; 2014-15 is the laying of the foundation while still sucking for a high pick; 2015-16 is the beginning of relevancy (i.e. coming out party) with a run at high profile free agent or blockbuster trade and all-star game.

But what do I know?

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    he grabs two legit young guys like Wiggans and whoever, combined with JV and DD, the ex duck star Ross....he' slooking like a champ when the Allstar game comes

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    It appears some (not fair to paint everyone with the same brush, unless you can read their minds) tankers forget that MU holds rights from rookie contracts of both Vasquez and Patterson, so only 1 of 4 (not most) can be assumed gone by end of season, so assuming number of holes to fill at this point is nothing but imagination. Do tankers understand the difference? Lately, it seems not.

Beyond that, what's this "great piece" that you imagine getting, using those assets, that's going to fill "plenty of holes"? This filling plenty of holes thing, while the fire is hot, seems contrary to any tanking strategy I've seen on here. Confusing.
    Who fucking cares, I want Wiggans yo!

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    It appears some (not fair to paint everyone with the same brush, unless you can read their minds) tankers forget that MU holds rights from rookie contracts of both Vasquez and Patterson, so only 1 of 4 (not most) can be assumed gone by end of season, so assuming number of holes to fill at this point is nothing but imagination. Do tankers understand the difference? Lately, it seems not.

Beyond that, what's this "great piece" that you imagine getting, using those assets, that's going to fill "plenty of holes"? This filling plenty of holes thing, while the fire is hot, seems contrary to any tanking strategy I've seen on here. Confusing.
    Sorry, I should have said "none are locked in beyond this season".

Holes? Well, we'll be missing a starting and backup PG. We will have basically only DD and Ross as competent wings. We will still lack size behind Jonas. Basically the only position where we'll be 2 deep is PF. Which will be exactly the same as when we entered this season. So yeah, that sounds pretty bad to me.

Also...Do you know what speculation sounds like (yes, speculation, what everyone here including your pompous self engage in every day)? The Raptors, as constructed, are not likely capable of reaching contender status.

A "great piece" would help that a great deal, and anti-tankers have been pointing to Masai creating improved flexibility by accumulating assets to help do this in a way other than getting a high pick this year. But with 3 of 4 assets being free agents of varying kinds (I doubt Salmons gets his option picked up regardless of hwere he ends the season) at season's end, it gives a short window to use such assets to acquire such a player. Therefore it is not a very good option since it depends on a star becoming available before February and Toronto being a viable destination, which might be beyond their control if said star makes a demand including potential destinations other than the Raps. If such a thing does not happen, then in the summer, they are not in a great spot, where any deal would likely have to include one or more of Amir, Jonas, DeMar and Ross.

The "holes" comment was a continuation of that train of thought. The one great piece isn't supposed to fill the holes, but holes are less of a problem if you have such a piece. Without using the assets this year to get a great piece, the Raps are basically left with whatever capspace and the above mentioned core assets they have to improve and plug in the holes, including if that means re-signing someone like Vasquez. This is exactly the kind of thing that leads to a treadmill situation. Again, they'll need at least 2 decent wings, a starting and backup PG, and a backup C at minimum to keep this team successful at whatever modest level they might be capable of, which is far from a great situation, and very much sounds like another treadmill period in the making. They will not have a lot to work with.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X