Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle_Si
    replied
    I agree that the raptors are on the rise. They're sky rocketing under Ujiri compared to BC. They're out of this world even, maybe even better than that. But it's not because they won a couple games against a tanking team and some teams that used to be good but aren't any more.

The raptors are on the rise because of MU and his boss TL. I have a difficult time hoping for this team to lose every game and it has been fun watching them. But championships are the goal. Not good wins over bad teams.

Leave a comment:

• p00ka
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    And something anti-tankers seem to forget. Most of the new "assets" we got for Gay are only here for the season. This means that to get another great piece while we have some extra assets to work with, it would have to happen this season, and if it doesn't, we'll once again have plenty of holes to fill.
    It appears some (not fair to paint everyone with the same brush, unless you can read their minds) tankers forget that MU holds rights from rookie contracts of both Vasquez and Patterson, so only 1 of 4 (not most) can be assumed gone by end of season, so assuming number of holes to fill at this point is nothing but imagination. Do tankers understand the difference? Lately, it seems not.

Beyond that, what's this "great piece" that you imagine getting, using those assets, that's going to fill "plenty of holes"? This filling plenty of holes thing, while the fire is hot, seems contrary to any tanking strategy I've seen on here. Confusing.

Leave a comment:

• ball4life
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    NO!

Ujiri wants to win now!
    Yup! Championship or bust this season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• p00ka
    replied
    I don't think Vasquez, DeRozan and Jonas are enough to fulfill Lieweke and Ujiri's dreams about hosting Larry O'Brien trophies....
    I don't think STAND PAT NOW or TANK are the only cards they see in the deck

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    And something anti-tankers seem to forget. Most of the new "assets" we got for Gay are only here for the season. This means that to get another great piece while we have some extra assets to work with, it would have to happen this season, and if it doesn't, we'll once again have plenty of holes to fill.
    NO!

Ujiri wants to win now!

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    I don't think Vasquez, DeRozan and Jonas are enough to fulfill Lieweke and Ujiri's dreams about hosting Larry O'Brien trophies....

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Cody73 wrote: View Post
    I believe this team is way better without Gay. Vasquez was last years MIP runner-up, and with more playing time, he'll improve this team. Derozan is slowly becoming a all-star. I know it's taken longer than we expected, but this team will continue to thrive with JV getting better every game. Also our bench improved a bunch.

TANK NATION????????

I think not.

Nuff said.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    Cody73 wrote: View Post
    I believe this team is way better without Gay. Vasquez was last years MIP runner-up, and with more playing time, he'll improve this team. Derozan is slowly becoming a all-star. I know it's taken longer than we expected, but this team will continue to thrive with JV getting better every game. Also our bench improved a bunch.

TANK NATION????????

I think not.

Nuff said.
    So basically, like every pro-tanker that views MU's moves (real, rumored and expected) as evidence of tanking, you've shared your perception. Cheers.

"Nuff said" is up to MU and his future actions, just like all the anti-tankers pointed out in the wake of the Gay trade.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied

TANK NATION????????

I think not.

Nuff said.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    p00ka wrote: View Post
    Stubbornness I guess. Just silliness not to see that a trade making the team better is a tank move.
    Maybe acquiring Gay was a tank move then?

Leave a comment:

• p00ka
    replied
    I still boggles my mind that some haven't accepted the tank is in full effect.
    Stubbornness I guess. Just silliness not to see that a trade making the team better is a tank move.

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Nailed it, thank you for bringing this up....I've been keeping kinda quiet and just letting this blow over so I don't sound like a broken record that the team is going to do a rebuild via the draft

For the love of God, can a moderator please amalgamate some of the more poignant ideas posted re:tanking/not tanking and sticky that thread.

I don't know if I can see the same ideas rehashed anymore

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Craig wrote: View Post
    Then MU is no better than BC, and its being poorly played out. Because its numbers, and you have to extrapolate. every win, is like 4 wins in a tank race. Trust me.

Toronto just went 3-1, and it was like going 9-3.

they fell far out of the tank race doing that, and now, literally need a 6 game losing streak just to catch up.
    A 6 to 10 game losing streak is perfectly within this team's capabilities.

There are 60 games left this season. Sixty. To say that we don't have a chance at top 6 pick because we're sitting at 9-13 in December, is what's partially adding to my mind-boggling-ness....

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    Fully wrote: View Post
    This whole debate started with two groups really. Those who thought that the Raptors were a sure fire playoff bet this season, and those who thought the team was destined to go nowhere. It took all of about two weeks to show who was correct. Now the same group of people who fell flat on their face predicting success for Rudy/DD/Lowry/etc are talking down to us because we fail to see the greatness in this new group. It's been 4 games! The team is nowhere near a championship level yet, and since Ujiri and Leiweke have both explicitly stated that it is the goal, I'd say the work is just beginning.
    Nailed it, thank you for bringing this up....I've been keeping kinda quiet and just letting this blow over so I don't sound like a broken record that the team is going to do a rebuild via the draft

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    Craig wrote: View Post
    Then MU is no better than BC, and its being poorly played out. Because its numbers, and you have to extrapolate. every win, is like 4 wins in a tank race. Trust me.

Toronto just went 3-1, and it was like going 9-3.

they fell far out of the tank race doing that, and now, literally need a 6 game losing streak just to catch up.
    6 game losing streak doesn't seem that far out of reach. remember when we were 6-7? before being 6-12?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X