X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    They have JJ Barea and Chase Budinger off the bench. They have no productive bigmen outside of Love and Pek which is why they suck
    Budinger is out and they have a really thin bench

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Rudy I need you to send the game into triple over time tomorrow and than hit a game winner please and thank you.

Your pal Christian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Pacers and Wolves really let me down tonight. Pacers were mostly likely looking a head to South Beach on Wednesday. Wolves have no bench what's so ever. You should see the drop off when Love isn't on the floor. Oh lord it's bad.

They have JJ Barea and Chase Budinger off the bench. They have no productive bigmen outside of Love and Pek which is why they suck

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Pacers and Wolves really let me down tonight. Pacers were mostly likely looking a head to South Beach on Wednesday. Wolves have no bench what's so ever. You should see the drop off when Love isn't on the floor. Oh lord it's bad.

Leave a comment:

• isaacthompson
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Raps all alone in 8th!
    Music to my ears.

-_-

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Raps all alone in 8th!
    Let's go!

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Raps all alone in 8th!

Leave a comment:

• magoon
    replied
    psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Eric is exuding his negative energy....how about being more positive!
    Because that's what journalists are supposed to do: be cheerleaders!

You're too used to Doug Smith.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    delman21 wrote: View Post
    I think the Barnes trade could be a possibility sending Lowery and ross there, I think MU is also smart enough not to trade him divisional to get torched in the future.

That is a move I think works for both sides, and gives them a little boost for the playoffs. Barnes will take another year to be really effective when he gets more burn. It also allows for the second part of splash to be resigned. Lowery Curry and Klay will be a sick line up to hammer teams up and down the floor with quickness and speed. Throw in Bogut and Lee to crash the boards and run all day they could do some serious damage. They could really hurt teams with the second unit.

For us we get a prospect with upside, and someone to possibly trade for the pic to get Wiggins depending on where he would go in the draft. But Barnes could help us get into the playoffs being very young, and everyone growing at the same time. Obviously that leaves us with General Grevis at the point but we could pry Tony Douglas from GS since they are receiving Lowery and keeping their prospect. If we throw in Buyucks or Day and get Speights (only for salary) back we could be alright for a nice little run. I only say Douglas and Speights cause they were both off season guys and not working out for them.

GS wins right away as they would only be sending Barnes to the bench once Iggy is back, get flexability to resign Klay, and a killer 6th man to make the run.

We might win long term if we get Wiggins or someone in the draft, but we should have enough to make s run and the ability to trade up into what were looking for in the draft.
    I'm sorta of the mind that if the Raps end up outside the top of the draft, they shouldn't trade for Wiggins (or rather try to). I doubt a team gives up that pick at all (even if he goes 2nd/3rd and not 1st), and for sure not without holding it for a very high ransom.

If the Raps end up not in the top of the draft, I would prefer they go after a PG, be it with their own pick or by trying to trade. For instance if they could move up a couple of spots from wherever they are to draft someone like Christon or Harrison, without giving up much else, like say a small piece like Novak or Hansbrough and their own pick, I'd be pretty content with that.

A big part of this desire is that we'll obviously need a PG (don't think Lowry's the plan for the long haul) and that the free agent crop is unspectacular. Vasquez would actually be a guy I'd target even if we hadn't traded for him. A capable starter who can slide back to the bench if the young guy breaks out. That's why after Wiggins, if we are near the top, I'm really high on Smart and Exum. I want a young PG to grow with the guys we have.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Dec 16, 2013, 11:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    And they are being led by a 20-yr old, mid 1st round pick in a weak draft. Go figure.
    True except for the part about it being a weak draft. Davis, Lillard, Barnes, Drummond, Beal, ROSS, mkg

Leave a comment:

• delman21
    replied
    I think the Barnes trade could be a possibility sending Lowery and ross there, I think MU is also smart enough not to trade him divisional to get torched in the future.

That is a move I think works for both sides, and gives them a little boost for the playoffs. Barnes will take another year to be really effective when he gets more burn. It also allows for the second part of splash to be resigned. Lowery Curry and Klay will be a sick line up to hammer teams up and down the floor with quickness and speed. Throw in Bogut and Lee to crash the boards and run all day they could do some serious damage. They could really hurt teams with the second unit.

For us we get a prospect with upside, and someone to possibly trade for the pic to get Wiggins depending on where he would go in the draft. But Barnes could help us get into the playoffs being very young, and everyone growing at the same time. Obviously that leaves us with General Grevis at the point but we could pry Tony Douglas from GS since they are receiving Lowery and keeping their prospect. If we throw in Buyucks or Day and get Speights (only for salary) back we could be alright for a nice little run. I only say Douglas and Speights cause they were both off season guys and not working out for them.

GS wins right away as they would only be sending Barnes to the bench once Iggy is back, get flexability to resign Klay, and a killer 6th man to make the run.

We might win long term if we get Wiggins or someone in the draft, but we should have enough to make s run and the ability to trade up into what were looking for in the draft.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    stooley wrote: View Post
    also went to ot with portland last night after being up the entire game. things are starting to click over there.
    And they are being led by a 20-yr old, mid 1st round pick in a weak draft. Go figure.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied

Philly now down 37

Bulls down 16
    Eric is exuding his negative energy....how about being more positive!

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    delman21 wrote: View Post
    I know people have been talking about the Pacers model and, were moving towards that. But didn't we draft Roy Hibbert and trade him. I believe we did, as far a George and lance go. Well for one: no stat formula or what ever else analyzing tool people use can predict heart, which is what Paul George is, getting a chance and rising to the occasion, something that can't be measured in the combine. We have a guy that has some similar traits in DD but I am not arguing he George by any means. And as for Lance, well to get a chance at a top 5 all American high schooler, much of what people go on about here, in the second round is a no-brainer to take a chance on. Larry knew he could help reign him in and it worked, or is working. And as for the big guy, I believe we drafted him and traded him did we not.

So for the Indy model a lot of luck, for sure not a real model. After they had the core they look for the vet presence to bring it all together. There is no way they knew what Paul George was going to turn into because they would of traded granger along time ago.

I am excited for the future and know there will be brighter days ahead.

But we don't need 2-3 superstars to be a very good team. And the league has put a premium on money so having the 2-3 superstars only hinders the team from and adding the key pieces.They are what put you over the top so to speak. Look at LAC they will never win period. Blake can't hit the jumper and doesn't play d. They have so to speak 3 all stars, and 2 super stars and there screwed come play off time cause blake is soft, and the conference finals and finals are where teams will prey on that kind of stuff.
    We drafted Hibbert in pre-arranged trade with Pacers.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied

Philly now down 37

Bulls down 16

Leave a comment:

Working...
X