X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley
    replied
    enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Well if someone asks to substantiate something youve claimed, yes he is asking for sources.

Also, don't assume, or else proceed to make an ass of u and me.
    You're right I should ignore p00ka instead of engaging in these asinine debates over and over.

And nice bolds by the way! I never understood why people always said that
    Last edited by stooley; Mon Dec 16, 2013, 12:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• p00ka
    replied
    Fully wrote: View Post
    I've read only positive things written about Ujiri being able to carve out some financial flexibility moving forward. What are you referring to?
    I have no interest in digging for others that I've seen, but as one example, post #125 of this thread:

" Cap space for us in 2014 is relatively meaningless." If that isn't downplaying, what is?

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    Fully wrote: View Post
    I want to remind everyone that we were a James Dolan veto away from moving Lowry to a division rival last week for a fat Raymond Felton, a useless MWP and a draft pick that can be used six years from now. That screams "tanking" trade to me, but what do I know.

With that trade falling through, I suppose there are no guarantees as to what direction Ujiri will go now. However I'd like to think that he won't be doing a drastic 180 on his plan after only a couple of wins against struggling teams.

Even with the recent success, the team is still 9-13. We have 4 more wins than the worst team in the league and have 61 games remaining in the season. I can't believe people are already starting to throw up their hands and say that a top five pick is out of the question, so we may as well go for it now with this patchwork roster. No wonder Colangelo had so many supporters around here.
    Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Perhaps the Dolan veto ends up being a good thing for the Raptors. I think MU would much prefer to put a winning team out there now as opposed to going through the long process of tanking and rebuilding from ground zero. You look around the East and outside of Mia and Ind, everyone else is falling apart (Chicago, Brooklyn, New York). It's a good opportunity for Raptors to move up the ladder. Atlanta is the 3rd seed for crying out loud.

Leave a comment:

• enlightenment
    replied
    stooley wrote: View Post
    Do I really have to go digging for sources though? I assume most of you are pretty well versed in what's been said about these guys over the past 12 months.
    Well if someone asks to substantiate something youve claimed, yes he is asking for sources.

Also, don't assume, or else proceed to make an ass of u and me.

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    p00ka wrote: View Post
    Oh well then, the bible that ESPN is must be right! Still waiting for that Gray for Jimmer trade.

This wasn't directed at anyone sheesh. I was relaying information for those that may be interested

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    enlightenment wrote: View Post
    like... every interviewed executive and scout, ever?!?!

dude, stop with the unsubstantiated claims and simply back up what you are saying. Repeating yourself is not the way to do so.
    Do I really have to go digging for sources though? I assume most of you are pretty well versed in what's been said about these guys over the past 12 months.

Leave a comment:

• enlightenment
    replied
    Every executive interviewed, every scout interviewed, anonymous or not.

Ownership and management of the sixers, the jazz and originally the celtics.

I don't know why you give way more weight to one single source than the plethora that say otherwise.
    like... every interviewed executive and scout, ever?!?!

dude, stop with the unsubstantiated claims and simply back up what you are saying. Repeating yourself is not the way to do so.

Leave a comment:

• p00ka
    replied
    ESPN's tank rank still have raptors at 4th despite the recent wins.

They're predicting more tanking moves.

Rudy Gay's absence hasn't had the tanking effect GM Masai Ujiri had hoped for. In fact, the Raptors are 3-1 since the trade. That's why Ujiri is out working hard to move more veterans like Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan. Lowry should be pretty easy to move. DeRozan will be tougher.

GMs are even more interested in trying to pry away Jonas Valanciunas and Amir Johnson, I'm told. Valanciunas is virtually untouchable and it would take a pretty high draft pick to pry away Johnson, who is playing the best ball of his career right now (averaging 20 points and 9 rebounds in his past five games).
    Oh well then, the bible that ESPN is must be right! Still waiting for that Gray for Jimmer trade.

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    Pray tell what's silly about asking someone to back up a statement with something other than anonymous hype, while downplaying the opinion of the man who is second to only Coach K in NCAA wins and has evaluated college players through head coaching in 28 NCAA tournaments?

That's flipping the point, and using an impossible challenge that proves nothing. Easy to do: when has he not?
    Every executive interviewed, every scout interviewed, anonymous or not.

Ownership and management of the sixers, the jazz and originally the celtics.

I don't know why you give way more weight to one single source than the plethora that say otherwise.

I'm not dismissing his opinion. It's very possible that the recruits don't live up to their hype. But don't dismiss everything else because of one opinion.

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Who are top-3? Philly, Milwaukee and Orlando?
    Top 3: Milwaukee, Philly, Jazz

In that order.

Leave a comment:

• p00ka
    replied
    Oh come on. Let's not be silly.

Scouts have been raving about these kids for years.
    Pray tell what's silly about asking someone to back up a statement with something other than anonymous hype, while downplaying the opinion of the man who is second to only Coach K in NCAA wins and has evaluated college players through head coaching in 28 NCAA tournaments?

Whereas Boeheim has predicted successfully which college players will become NBA stars on multiple occasions? Come on.
    That's flipping the point, and using an impossible challenge that proves nothing. Easy to do: when has he not?

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied

Who are top-3? Philly, Milwaukee and Orlando?

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied

Rudy Gay's absence hasn't had the tanking effect GM Masai Ujiri had hoped for. In fact, the Raptors are 3-1 since the trade. That's why Ujiri is out working hard to move more veterans like Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan. Lowry should be pretty easy to move. DeRozan will be tougher.

GMs are even more interested in trying to pry away Jonas Valanciunas and Amir Johnson, I'm told. Valanciunas is virtually untouchable and it would take a pretty high draft pick to pry away Johnson, who is playing the best ball of his career right now (averaging 20 points and 9 rebounds in his past five games).

Leave a comment:

• Fully
    replied
    Something I've noticed over the past few days: some people who for months a big deal about the value of cap space, and at least one who pounded away with it almost daily,,,,,,, are now playing down the importance of the Raps having made great strides to having it. Suddenly it's no big deal? Weird.
    I've read only positive things written about Ujiri being able to carve out some financial flexibility moving forward. What are you referring to?

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    Something I've noticed over the past few days: some people who for months a big deal about the value of cap space, and at least one who pounded away with it almost daily,,,,,,, are now playing down the importance of the Raps having made great strides to having it. Suddenly it's no big deal? Weird.
    Not really, if you follow the logic. A big reason many pro-rebuilders were pushing for cap space (at least in the short-term) was to allow trades to be made where a bad contract is brought it along with a prospect and/or draft pick (think Cleveland trading for Baron Davis and LAC's 1st round pick that wound up netting Irving).

Short term - cap space used to help acquire assets

Long term - cap space used to sign key free agents

The bottom line is that cap space is always useful to have, but for various reasons, depending on the state of the team and the direction the team is heading (which we don't yet know).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X