X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediumcore
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    TL told us championships are what we live for.

I'm taking him at face value in that proclamation.

This core is not going to win a championship.

The plan, based on his proclamation, should be preparing for when the current elite teams are running out of steam or runs are over.

I'd rather strive for future greatness than settle for current mediocrity. That is not a knock against anyone, rather just my opinion.
    I hear ya, but I don't think MU is done quite yet. You put one really good player into the mix that can either get his shot whenever he wants or can create for a roster full of pretty good players (Championship Dallas team), and there could be some noise to be made. I don't like the sustainability of those types of teams, but we'll see what Masai has up his sleeve. Maybe I'm just riding a false high from the recent wins, but I'm really liking how well our interior D has played as of late. If our perimeter D can hold it's own, things could get interesting.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    3. Atlanta
    4. Boston
    5. Detroit
    6. Charlotte

Geez, Louise, 3rd seed is ours for the taking if that is the way MU wants to go. 2nd round wouldn't be a stretch.
    TL told us championships are what we live for.

I'm taking him at face value in that proclamation.

This core is not going to win a championship.

The plan, based on his proclamation, should be preparing for when the current elite teams are running out of steam or runs are over.

I'd rather strive for future greatness than settle for current mediocrity. That is not a knock against anyone, rather just my opinion.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Dec 15, 2013, 05:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stretch
    replied
    Shrub wrote: View Post
    Everybody!!!

Haven't you heard?

There is absolutely no way we make it out of the first round.
    ...Because some people here have said something to that effect several times.

So, it's like, in stone.
    More like etched in marshmallow.

Leave a comment:

• Shrub
    replied
    stretch wrote: View Post
    Who says?
    Everybody!!!

Haven't you heard?

There is absolutely no way we make it out of the first round.
    ...Because some people here have said something to that effect several times.

So, it's like, in stone.

Leave a comment:

• japetas
    replied
    Sounds eerily similar to 2006-07 Raptors..... Minus the perennial all-star.
    Just vote harder for DeRozan and JV and we'll have couple of them

Leave a comment:

• Shrub
    replied
    lewro wrote: View Post
    It's a short drive yo
    Little more than a brisk walk

Leave a comment:

• stretch
    replied
    b2kelly wrote: View Post
    It is really funny reading the Kings forums, everyone is going on about how he is a key part to the future and how amazing he is. It is kinda funny to watch what we went through here repeat itself in SAC, it is also kinda depressing for some reason.
    Things could turn out much better in Sacratomato for Rudy. With the shoot first mentality of their guards and Cousins as an offensive weapon, Rudy will not be able to dominate the ball. He could be just another option on offense and one of the Kings better defenders.

Leave a comment:

• lewro
    replied
    Shrub wrote: View Post
    From a really 'realist' perspective, this has become more or less a new team overnight.
    So - realistically, of course - we should chill out and watch these kids play.
    They may play very well together *gasp*.
    Imagine if everyone insisted Denver tank after the Carmelo trade?
    That would be a damn shame.

This is why tank-talk drives me nuts.
    Folks, that was a fine evening of excellent basketball.
    Damn fine.

Keep an open mind, and enjoy a win yo.

It's a short drive yo

Leave a comment:

• stretch
    replied
    4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    Then get out the 1st round?
    Who says?

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    3. Atlanta
    4. Boston
    5. Detroit
    6. Charlotte

Geez, Louise, 3rd seed is ours for the taking if that is the way MU wants to go. 2nd round wouldn't be a stretch.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    Would you guys be against having a team like last years Nuggets? To me, it seems more realistic than gunning for a superstar in the draft.
    I think that is exactly what the Raptors are now, and in the East that is good enough to beat anyone outside of Mia or Ind. It's never going to be enough to truly compete against elite teams on a consistent basis, but it's a lot more fun than tanking. We'll see what MU thinks soon enough I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    stretch wrote: View Post
    Playoffs for the first time in a while.
    Then get out the 1st round?

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I've been supporting a tank for longer than most, but I feel compelled to provide a different perspective if for no other reason than out of boredom.

Our defense was on point against Chicago yesterday. Albeit, they aren't very good offensively, but we beat them where they are good, at rebounding. Our bigs outplayed theirs and got what they wanted in the post, while keeping them in check. If Casey can get our guys to consistently be better than the opposition on D, then we will always be "in the game". For the first time I feel like we are beating the teams we should beat. Take a look at the standings. Atlanta is in third and I would say that we can beat them as well as anyone below them right now. The current roster can make it to the second round if they avoid a first round match up against Mia or Ind, imo. A Denver Nuggets type team can beat anyone outside of MIA and IND, in the east.

I realize the goal is to be able to compete with teams like Mia, Ind, and OKC, but wouldn't you be impressed with a 3rd seed. Do you think anyone else in the East, besides Miami and Indiana are heads and shoulders better than a very deep Rap's?

Leave a comment:

• stretch
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    and what's next?
    Playoffs for the first time in a while.

Leave a comment:

• KazanTheMan
    replied
    Would you guys be against having a team like last years Nuggets? To me, it seems more realistic than gunning for a superstar in the draft.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X