Toronto interested in Jordan Crawford?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MrBlack wrote: View Post
    Has there been much discussion on the contracts here? That has to be considered. Crawford is at the end of a rookie deal, so it would help to include an estimation of what he would be resigned for, if at all. Otherwise he's a payroll dump, which isn't the end of the world.

Despite what some people say, Demar is not playing "excellent" basketball. If you look at his stats, he is about as close to being average at everything as you can find. In that sense he isn't really bad at anything, but certainly does not have any outstanding productive qualities. He is playing excellent basketball compared to his past seasons though, its just that the standard there is really low.

He is also one of the 10 highest paid SG's in the league, which considering the relative weakness of the position, makes his contract more expensive.

Based on the short season so far, with a Crawford trade, you would be getting a guy 9 months older, a slightly better scorer (although on a lower volume), more assists etc, with the major exception of a huge downside if he regresses. Credit to Demar, he seems to get a little better every year, which I think limits his downside risk. With a qualifying offer for JC of around $3m, I think you do the deal (if a mid 1st round pick is included) simply to get the remaining $35m for Demar off the books.
    Good points all around.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Amnesty DD

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
        Amnesty DD
        used it on kleiza

but also, joking
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Amnesty DD
          Obvi

Comment

Amnesty DD
            Starting to get old man.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
              Starting to get old man.
              We're all starting to get old...Some more than others.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                Starting to get old man.
                Perception in the NBA is everything... that's what I think most raptor fan is missing.. The players are watching what you do as a potential employer does.. if they have in their mind that raptor org is not committed to them just trade when a decent player value is high, just like we try to do in the past.. trading DD will create a bad perception around the league at this point (young guy get better each year, great complementary piece).. Yes winning will change that.. but last time I checked you need good players to win..

Alot of people are talking about Portland now.. did they trade LA when they we losing by saying he is not a gifted player ( I know alot of people on this very blog was in that group).. No.. you work with the skilled players who wants to stay we the organization ..

Comment

15strong wrote: View Post
                  Perception in the NBA is everything... that's what I think most raptor fan is missing.. The players are watching what you do as a potential employer does.. if they have in their mind that raptor org is not committed to them just trade when a decent player value is high, just like we try to do in the past.. trading DD will create a bad perception around the league at this point (young guy get better each year, great complementary piece).. Yes winning will change that.. but last time I checked you need good players to win..

Alot of people are talking about Portland now.. did they trade LA when they we losing by saying he is not a gifted player ( I know alot of people on this very blog was in that group).. No.. you work with the skilled players who wants to stay we the organization ..
                  DeMar isn't a winner though...that's why he should be traded for pieces that work better for TO. Trading DD will not create a bad perception, the NBA is a business, the players understand this.

LA has been the best PF in the league for years...the only reason there was talk of moving him was because LA didn't know if he wanted to play through a rebuild, which pretty much defeats your entire argument.. Nobody has ever said that LA was not a gifted player. LA is happy now that the management has drafted well and put a competent lineup around him..

Comment

15strong wrote: View Post

Perception is a factor but MU had stated that if a player does not want to come to Toronto end if discussion. I would prefer to keep DD since we have drafted and developed him but if MU can get a high value for him then so be it.

Comment

Working...
                    X