X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr.Z
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    A coach trying to win the basketball game very much justifies it. Sorry Mr. Fantasy Basketball, but in the pros that's what they're still trying to do
    But the team lost. So it obviously wasn't the right coaching method.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    and when the guy who signs your pay cheque has enough of his suggestions ignored...what do you suppose is the next step?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    Are you serious?

GMs meddle CONSTANTLY...It's RARE when they don't.
    meddle= suggest or request, as I just said.

Play x player x amount of minutes? I'd love to see the look on Popovich or Carlisle when a hot shot young GM tries to pull that on him.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Actually, no, he really doesn't. Clear a lot of people don't understand the chain of command and responsibilities in pro sports. In this day and age, it's VERY rare a GM will tell a coach who to play and how long to play them. Might suggest or request something, but in any organization with some semblance of order, GM's provide the players, coaches make the in game decisions. The end.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    Actually, no, he really doesn't. Clear a lot of people don't understand the chain of command and responsibilities in pro sports. In this day and age, it's VERY rare a GM will tell a coach who to play and how long to play them. Might suggest or request something, but in any organization with some semblance of order, GM's provide the players, coaches make the in game decisions. The end.
    Are you serious?

GMs meddle CONSTANTLY...It's RARE when they don't.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Speaking of which, is Pop going to get fined again? Doesn't he have to? Or does the NBA have no leg to stand on because the Spurs won?

Either way: I love that they did this again (and again on a nationally televised game)! Pop's the best.
    Yeah, I love it too.

But the Spurs have EVERY justification to do so.

This was their 7th game in 10 nights and 3rd in 4 nights.

You want to have a team at its best for a nationally televised game, don't have them playing a retarded schedule leading in to it.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    You have to remember as much as we love Masai (for now) He does get to say hey...play so and so x number of minutes, I want to see what we have going forward with that guy.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    I don't get it. None of what you say justifies not letting JV play.
    JV should be playing all the minutes he can physically handle because how else will he learn?
    Absolutely nothing justifies playing Patrick Patterson more minutes than Jonas. Nothing. Especially when the team just loses the game anyways.
    A coach trying to win the basketball game very much justifies it. Sorry Mr. Fantasy Basketball, but in the pros that's what they're still trying to do

Leave a comment:

• isaacthompson
    replied
    Speaking of which, is Pop going to get fined again? Doesn't he have to? Or does the NBA have no leg to stand on because the Spurs won?

Either way: I love that they did this again (and again on a nationally televised game)! Pop's the best.
    The team warned the NBA with enough time prior to the game, so not this time.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    KHD wrote: View Post
    I think the fact that they won would make the NBA head office look pretty damn silly if they made a problem out of it.
    Ah, this article has some good insight: http://nba.si.com/2013/12/19/gregg-p...purs-warriors/

Leave a comment:

• Shrub
    replied
    "He thinks, he doesn't react".

Yup.
    I've been saying it.

I'm trying to ease up my criticism of JV and just watch and see what happens, but this has been my concern.

Basketball instincts.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied

I think the fact that they won would make the NBA head office look pretty damn silly if they made a problem out of it.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I watched that game last night. It's amazing how end of the bench guys like Patty Mills can flourish in the right system.

Leave a comment:

• isaacthompson
    replied
    other point...winning games is mental...we don't have a single "hey it's winning time vet" on our team. This is the reason a team like San Antonio can beat GSW with three hands tied behind their backs.
    I watched that game last night. It's amazing how end of the bench guys like Patty Mills can flourish in the right system.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    For some reason though, I just prefer to think that Casey doesn't know what he's doing
    +1000000000000 haha

Leave a comment:

Working...
X