Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patty O' Patterson? Can We Talk About This Guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't checked but, I bet AJ and 2-Pat combo must have the best defensive numbers out of all the other big duos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      I haven't checked but, I bet AJ and 2-Pat combo must have the best defensive numbers out of all the other big duos.

It would be a very small sample size...at least too small to draw immediate conclusions. But I would be interested to see if it trends in that direction.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

True but, I'm more impressed with his man on man D in the post. Did you see how he took Boozer out of the game. I like I actually don't think boozer scored once on him. His strong enough to hold his position and still has the length to change the shot (7'1.25" wingspan)

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          Not off the top of my head, I'm sure you could find a listing of potential free agents this offseason. Or a guy buried on another team's depth chart could be targeted in trade. My concern is more that none of Johnson/Hansborough/Patterson are natural C's, so there's really nobody to mentor JV and give him pointers from a veteran's perspective. I think having such a player would be invaluable. I know Hayes could provide some of that but, since he's had to play the position far differently than traditional C's due to his size, I don't think he's ideal for JV.
          I checked on the 2014 FA list and really, there is not much out there... Kaman? Mohammed? Hey, we got Magloire on the staff, I guess we are better with him mentoring JV than wasting a roster spot for an aging Mohammed or a Kaman who's frustrated to not be starting anymore and who doesn't play defence at all.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa5blR2-UfE I'm not good at finding clips but there is an example of a Patterson hedge
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              I checked on the 2014 FA list and really, there is not much out there... Kaman? Mohammed? Hey, we got Magloire on the staff, I guess we are better with him mentoring JV than wasting a roster spot for an aging Mohammed or a Kaman who's frustrated to not be starting anymore and who doesn't play defence at all.
              Kaman might not be a bad choice, actually. But ya, that seems like pretty slim pickings.

There's many trade proposals in that forum that include Perkins being acquired by the Raps, in an attempt to get a 1st round pick out of OKC. He's a shell of his former self, but that's an example of the type of trade that could be done to get a good backup for JV (as a secondary benefit of the trade, no less).

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                I think another thing needs to be acknowledged is that he has taken minutes from Hansbrough, who was playing very solid ball before PatPat came along. So clearly Casey is a fan... though that doesn't say much.
                I think Psycho's shoulder's still hurt. We'll see how it plays out.

Kaman might not be a bad choice, actually. But ya, that seems like pretty slim pickings.

There's many trade proposals in that forum that include Perkins being acquired by the Raps, in an attempt to get a 1st round pick out of OKC. He's a shell of his former self, but that's an example of the type of trade that could be done to get a good backup for JV (as a secondary benefit of the trade, no less).
                Another option would be Okafor + pick/prospect from Phoenix. Okafor would be a good defensive mentor for the rest of the season.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa5blR2-UfE I'm not good at finding clips but there is an example of a Patterson hedge
                  Exactly, and then right back to his man without missing a step.

Comment

Patterson is a guy I'd more than be happy to keep around if the price is right.

BTW, help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or neutered.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      ...BTW, help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or neutered.
                      Shouldn't this be "...spayed or nuttered"?

Comment

he hedges. does the fake pass to shift the defense. he's got some talent. I like him and he can shoot from the outside. a lot of up vs. hansborough.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                          he hedges. does the fake pass to shift the defense. he's got some talent. I like him and he can shoot from the outside. a lot of up vs. hansborough.
                          In Caseys "Small Ball" system, I'd agree Pat is the man. But in any other system, I say Hansbrough has more value to the team with the energy and hustle that he plays with.

Comment

I'd be interested in picking up Kaman. Exactly the type of Vet Center I'd want JV spending time with.
                            He's like a VERY rich mans Aaron Gray. Kaman WAS an All-Star in 2010.

He also, at one point, looked like this:

And this:

Basically he's the ugliest man in the NBA.
                            Last edited by Joey; Sat Dec 21, 2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Love PPat especially his interior defence and aggressive hedges. If he continues to develop the three, he's a definite keeper.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Kaman is beyond useless
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X