Game Day: TOR at DAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Day: TOR at DAL

Big game today, hope to see JV matched up against Dirk a little on defense to see how he does.

Also, from ESPN"

Greivis Vasquez has experienced just about every role a point guard could play in his first few years in the NBA. He backed up Mike Conley in Memphis. He excelled as a starter last year in New Orleans. He struggled in the same role early this season in Sacramento, playing ahead of Isaiah Thomas. And so far in Toronto, Vasquez has been used off the bench backing up Kyle Lowry.

But according to Raptors coach Dwane Casey, that's not a role that's set in stone.

Casey tells the Toronto Sun that the Raptors could continue to use a two-point guard lineup that includes both Lowry and Vasquez, as it did against Charlotte on Wednesday. Doing so opens up the options a bit, and allows the team to try some new things.

“We did that to get more ball movement and body movement, more pick-and-rolls,” Casey tells the newspaper. “We could go to that and we will go to that to promote ball movement.”

The more Casey goes with this lineup, the more minutes Vasquez will likely play, and that's music to the ears of plenty of fantasy owners out there.
    Expect to see some double PG action tonight. Especially against the smaller Ellis.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

stooley wrote: View Post
    Expect to see some double PG action tonight. Especially against the smaller Ellis.
    I won't go there.....

Comment

while i do like a little double pg action the idea of using vasquez against ellis is hilarious at best. yes lets put our guard who's awful at defense on one of the best scorers in the nba. what? NO NOT ROSS THAT'S CRAZY TALK.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Dwane Casey is an idiot he's probably gonna use the 2 pg lineup and get absolutely murdered by monta Ellis, Vasquez should never guard him but with Casey's coaching anything is possible LMAO
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I won't go there.....

Funny how we both thought the same thing. I had to re-read it to make sure.

Comment

Omg again DC? whats your problem? No 2PG line up!

Comment

I didn't realize both our PGs are really just back ups for Conley, makes me feel like we are going to re-sign Bayless to be our starting PG next year

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                while i do like a little double pg action the idea of using vasquez against ellis is hilarious at best. yes lets put our guard who's awful at defense on one of the best scorers in the nba. what? NO NOT ROSS THAT'S CRAZY TALK.
                Relax. Obviously Ross will start out on him and when they go to that two PG lineup. I pretty sure Lowry will get the assignment on Ellis. When it all said and done Casey is terrific defensive mind. Everything else is up for debate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Really excited for this game. Mavs are like my adopted team. They have 3 of my fave NBA players lol. Dirk, VC and Jose.

Dirk is always a pleasure to watch. One of my fave NBA player of all time and my fave player in this era.

VC is VC. Greatest Raptor of all time by a mile. And Jose is easily the greatest Raptor PG of all time. And also the most under appreciated Raptor of all time.

This is a huge game for the Mavs btw. They're fighting for a playoff spot in the West. They should be able to beat teams like the Raps.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    Lowry guards Ellis, GV guards Caldy... just because a man plays your position does not mean you need to guard him
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                      Big game today, hope to see JV matched up against Dirk a little on defense to see how he does.

Also, from ESPN"

No way JV guards Dirk. He's got no chance. I'm guessing he guards Dalembert. And Amir guards Dirk.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

I could guard Dirk

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                          I could guard Dirk
                          Yes Craig...we know you can. We can all guard Dirk...
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            Yes Craig...we know you can. We can all guard Dirk...
                            ...it's just that results may differ.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                              I could guard Dirk
                              Can you guard Dirk... well?

I can guard Dirk... horribly.
                              OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                              X