Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nosike wrote: View Post
    Lol, just lol.

I think you have that in reverse order. You're acting like they CHOSE to lose a lot of games. No they didn't, that's kind of what happens when your best player gets injured for the year. If they were trying to tank, then why in the hell did they sign Dominique Wilkins (who despite not being in his prime, was still a very effective scorer) in the offseason prior?

It's like if the Bulls made no trades this year and then got the #1 pick. Are you going to commend them for a brilliant tank job? Err no, they were obviously trying to win, but that's kind of hard to do when the former MVP can't play.

Do not make things up.
    same fn thing as fielding a bad team and losing a ton of game

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      same fn thing as fielding a bad team and losing a ton of game
      No it isn't, because what the Spurs did was an accident.

Comment

Injuries...bad record for a season....high pick

Trade everyone for future cap space/picks because your previous GM sucked....bad record for a season....high pick

I have a hard time believing that a Spurs team with Wilkins, Perdue, Avery Johnson and Vinny Del Negro with Pop to only win 20 games and have some of the worst offense and defense in the league. (I personally think there was a little bit of a tank happening)

The Raptors are really in the same boat...just that our injuries come in terms of inflated contracts and convoluted pieces

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Problem is, there's no LeBron James in this draft. You know, a 'generational talent'.

Wiggins, Parker and co. are going to be good players no doubt. But they're no LeBron James.

And oh, Denver with Melo didn't come close to winning it all. In fact, i can't remember if they even win a playoff series in the Carmelo Anthony era.
          There's no foolproof plan. The point is that it is very possible to get a superstar in the draft from tanking, especially considering how strong this draft is supposed to be. And championships aren't gettable without superstars.

I agree that there are other routes to take, however. We are in good hands with the Messiah taking over

Comment

Sadly, you're trying to educate someone who has seen polka dotted pigs fly. Obviously the foil hat isn't doing the job and a full body foil suit is needed.

Comment

Working...
            X