Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we really tanking now ?

Brooke Lopez is out for the season ...
    NY is a mess and is not going any where ...
    Philly is tanking and has no plans to compete and is putting all its assets on sale for picks and ...
    Boston is tanking as well and we are clearly a better team than them ...
    Rose is out for the season and Chicago is weak.

CHA, Detroit, Atlanta, Washington are simply jokes and we are ALREADY better than them and with few more trades we can even become much much better than them.

So the 3rd place in east is OURS if we want it. Trade the picks we got from NY for players and improve the VERY GOOD team that we got and REALISTICALLY , we are the 3rd best team in east now.

This means we can go to all the way 2nd round and if lucky
    eastern finals and who know

Is this a season to compete ? Lets look:

1) All other teams are tanking ... East is Weak ... and many big stars in east are hurt and out for season.
    2) We have some of the best players, Amir top 10 PF, Lowry top 10 PG, Big Val, 3rd best centre in east now with Lopez being out, DD top 8 shooting guard and a very strong bench with V and Patterson and Hansbrough and ..

I say this is the year and I hope MU decide to compete NOW.

It's beginning to look like a 2nd round playoff appearance is entirely possible, but I don't see MU making any knee-jerk moves in a "win now" mode. Just as he did with the Rudy trade, he's going to be patient and make calculated moves to improve the team. There's no question in my mind that his end game is to strive for championships, but not right away (he's not dumb), and not the way tankers fantasize over. Everybody is on the table, for the right trade. Nobody's on the table for bad ones. Sooner or later, desperation or foolishness on others' parts will present themselves to a wise Masai.

Comment

I would like a second round playoff this year but if MU gets the right deal he should do it. Many of the tankers may be opposed to playoff push this year but as pointed out above the Atlantic is there for the taking. As long as all options are kept open I will be happy.

Comment

After next two games the dynamics could change.

Comment

Brooke Lopez out for the season?

I am sure Masai's working the trade machine - steam will be coming out of it

Comment

Boston is not in tank mode as far as coach and players go. Rondo is coming back at some point. Danny Ainge, like MU, could have a big say in how it plays out with roster moves.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
              2) We have some of the best players, Amir top 10 PF, Lowry top 10 PG, Big Val, 3rd best centre in east now with Lopez being out, DD top 8 shooting guard and a very strong bench with V and Patterson and Hansbrough and ..

I say this is the year and I hope MU decide to compete NOW.
              I think that if Lowry had a two year+ contract with Toronto, a playoff run would be on the table
              But he's gone or too costly at year-end

Comment

yall know me, but if there's one thing I fear its Wiggins getting picked up by an eastern conference team other than the raps
                Last edited by lilmamba_; Sat Dec 21, 2013, 04:30 PM.
                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

“The one thing I can say is we won’t be trapped in the middle,” Ujiri said. “I can honestly say that. We will not be stuck in no man’s land, that’s for sure.”
                  “If you’re [7-12], you’ve got to figure out your team or figure out how to get better,” Ujiri said. “We’re not going to make rash decisions here and just do anything that’s going to make us better for two games. I think [future considerations will dictate] a lot of future stuff. I always have to listen. That’s my job. My phone does beep.”
                  This doesn't read like a guy happy to squeak in to the playoffs in a historically weak conference and worry about 2014-15 and beyond after a playoff run that rams straight in to Indiana or Miami in round 2.

Comment

Some perspective, following Washington's win over Boston this afternoon...

Toronto currently has 2 less wins than the 7th place team in the EC.

Toronto currently has 2 more wins than the 14th place team in the EC.

On one hand, the team has been playing some of their best basketball in years.

On one hand, the trade value for DeRozan, Johnson, Lowry, and even Salmons (since coming to Toronto) has never been higher.

Only MU truly knows what Toronto's intentions are at this point in the season.

Comment

boston is clearly NOT tanking, nor are we better than them.

as for atlanta, washington, charlotte and detroit, on what basis are you saying we're actually better than any of those teams?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        This doesn't read like a guy happy to squeak in to the playoffs in a historically weak conference and worry about 2014-15 and beyond after a playoff run that rams straight in to Indiana or Miami in round 2.
                        I don't think he will squeak into play off this year. We are easily the 3rd best team in east as it is and with few more trades can stamp that position. Also, when it comes to the 2nd round against Heat or Indiana, who knows, maybe our bigs , Amir and Big Val can dominate the bigs for Heat , who are really no body and make the series interesting.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          boston is clearly NOT tanking, nor are we better than them.

as for atlanta, washington, charlotte and detroit, on what basis are you saying we're actually better than any of those teams?
                          Based on the records and players that we have. Amir, DD, Lowry, are better than any players in their position on those teams. V from bench is better than any back up PG on those teams and ...

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                            I don't think he will squeak into play off this year. We are easily the 3rd best team in east as it is and with few more trades can stamp that position. Also, when it comes to the 2nd round against Heat or Indiana, who knows, maybe our bigs , Amir and Big Val can dominate the bigs for Heat , who are really no body and make the series interesting.
                            I'm not sure how you can confidently make that statement as fact when they are tied for 8th in wins over 1/4 through the season.

Comment

Remember the team that won the atlantic division and got mopped by the Nets? Ya, that team was better than this one..
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X