No announcement yet.

Insert a star at 3 and this team is elite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny how a team that was in the middle of being stripped to tank has gelled and is now beating some formidable opponents. What does Masai do now?

A difficult but good problem.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I heard Rudy Gay might be available

Comment

I have been saying it all along, we will be deficient at the 3 spot, for the res of the season. That whole is being filled on draft night. We have a team capable of competing for the playoffs a, which I believe was the goal from the get go. Now we have one or 2 pieces left to move to get a pick. Just one in the lottery no matter where, coupled with a good run at the playoffs this year should yield enough assets to trade for Andrew.

what's going to be funny is watching people jump on the band wagon when the team starts rolling. There gaining confidence right now, watch out, and I bet they have enough fuel with all the tanking for #1

Comment

Didn't we just trade away a star SF? I highly doubt any SF drafted this year will elevate this team to elite. Is there an instant star SF available in the draft? Someone who can come in right away and take this team over. Someone that will demand the respect of the rest of the guys, someone they will defer to. If so, it looks like we may not be able to get that player with our own draft pick.

Comment

delman21 wrote: View Post
            ...Now we have one or 2 pieces left to move to get a pick. Just one in the lottery no matter where, coupled with a good run at the playoffs this year should yield enough assets to trade for Andrew...
            I dare say that no team drafting Wiggins would trade him for anything less than JV, Amir and the Raps pick...and I would be surprised to see any team agree to that trade. So then you have Wiggins and you have gutted your team. that is an open invitation to a Cleveland/Lebron scenario.

Comment

SF has always been a position of need for us. I agree we are a SF away from being a strong playoff team. The problem is, the SF we need has to shoot the 3 ball well to make up for DeMar's deficiency.

IMO DeMar should be a mainstay on this team. He's a good 2nd option, a class act, hard worker and still has a lot of years left. We have great bench pieces with Amir, Ross and Vasquez. So there are few holes to fill. We need a starting PF, a SF and a PG (I am happy with Lowry if he would like to stay).

....Harrison Barnes, or Batum

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                Didn't we just trade away a star SF? I highly doubt any SF drafted this year will elevate this team to elite. Is there an instant star SF available in the draft? Someone who can come in right away and take this team over. Someone that will demand the respect of the rest of the guys, someone they will defer to. If so, it looks like we may not be able to get that player with our own draft pick.
                Jabari Parker

If they will defer to john salmons they'll defer to a rookie who has more talent in his pinkie than most.

Won't happen with Casey but would with any coach that enables him

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                  SF has always been a position of need for us. I agree we are a SF away from being a strong playoff team. The problem is, the SF we need has to shoot the 3 ball well to make up for DeMar's deficiency.

IMO DeMar should be a mainstay on this team. He's a good 2nd option, a class act, hard worker and still has a lot of years left. We have great bench pieces with Amir, Ross and Vasquez. So there are few holes to fill. We need a starting PF, a SF and a PG (I am happy with Lowry if he would like to stay).

....Harrison Barnes, or Batum
                  What happens when Lowry gets paid and gets fat/injury prone again?

Beware the contract year

Comment

Why restrict 'eliteness' to the 3? This team needs elite players period. Doesn't matter what position they play.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Beware the contract year
                      Trust me, he's not my first choice. He's serviceable though.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Beware the contract year
                        This is a thing.

I absolutely love Lowry's game, but this gamble is 100% not worth taking.
                        100%.
                        I don't think Masai would even consider it.

Comment

People are overreacting to these two wins........ This same team just lost at home to the LOLcats and is 4-8 at the ACC.

This team is not one player away. That's the same deluded thinking BC had for years: always just one guy away.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                            People are overreacting to these two wins........ This same team just lost at home to the LOLcats and is 4-8 at the ACC.

This team is not one player away. That's the same deluded thinking BC had for years: always just one guy away.
                            The obvious conclusion is that everyone's on crack...

What psychotic mood swings. You're spot on - this is exactly what characterized the BC era. Get overexcited about small amounts of immediate success, mortgage the future because you always believe you're "almost there," ignore the fact that there is not an elite core of talent on this team, then after several seasons of no playoffs or quick playoff exits everyone can call for your head.

Don't take that path, Masai.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

^
                              True that, just few games and your opinions have changed, Im excited, Im happy but Im still cautious, dont want to repeat myself but we had plenty of such streaks throughout our previous stink seasons, the legendary 13, TOP defense, Rudy the saviour aka not this guy.
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

That's all very true, but you have to be careful about going too far in the other direction.
                                I find that's the tendency around here, probably the by-product of the BC era you folks mentioned.

Getting over-excited about a small sample-size or dismissing it altogether:
                                One is no better than the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X