Insert a star at 3 and this team is elite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrub wrote: View Post
    That's all very true, but you have to be careful about going too far in the other direction.
    I find that's the tendency around here, probably the by-product of the BC era you folks mentioned.

Getting over-excited about a small sample-size or dismissing it altogether:
    One is no better than the other.
    As a fan, after games like OKC and Dallas I actually avoid (or want o avoid) these forums for a bit just so I can revel in the great basketball I actually just watched my Toronto Raptors play. I just love good basketball.

I think you can be passionate about wins, cheer your head off, and still have some realistic long-term expectations/hope for your team. Following a franchise is, after all, all about the journey. You don't just show up for the championship season, but knowing that this isn't that season doesn't mean you stop watching/cheering.

Everyone oversimplifies. It's the Internet!
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Well said.
      I should learn to avoid the forum after wins too, before I make too many enemies.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
        ....Harrison Barnes...
        ah yes, that magical run to end the '11/'12 season. GS slipping just 'ahead' of us, doing the tank right, getting barnes. port nabbing lillard. BC passing on drummond to take a project SG after they'd JUST extended DD.

oh, the memories.
        TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

What do you guys think of having Gordon Hayward as our 3? I mean, he's still young and he's a fine shooter and plus he's a good defender. If he can get stronger, I feel he could be our 3. Most likely, we won't get the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft so we can't draft Wiggins or Parker but I'm hoping with like the 5th or 6th pick, we can get Exum. So like our lineup would be...Exum, Derozan, Hayward, Johnson, Valanciunas. And/or if MU decides to trade Demar....Exum, Ross, Hayward, Johnson, Valanciunas. Also another shot(it's a long shot, kind of) But what if we get Greg Monroe as our starting PF and we just move Amir to the backup even though he's playing like Jesus at this point.

Comment

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
            What do you guys think of having Gordon Hayward as our 3? I mean, he's still young and he's a fine shooter and plus he's a good defender. If he can get stronger, I feel he could be our 3. Most likely, we won't get the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft so we can't draft Wiggins or Parker but I'm hoping with like the 5th or 6th pick, we can get Exum. So like our lineup would be...Exum, Derozan, Hayward, Johnson, Valanciunas. And/or if MU decides to trade Demar....Exum, Ross, Hayward, Johnson, Valanciunas. Also another shot(it's a long shot, kind of) But what if we get Greg Monroe as our starting PF and we just move Amir to the backup even though he's playing like Jesus at this point.
            Would Utah be willing to trade Hayward?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Would Utah be willing to trade Hayward?
              I'm sure they would. He hasn't been too fantastic this season but I still like him as a player and I feel he could be good for us.

Comment

Working...
              X