Some cautious media love from ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.R. wrote: View Post
    Bias alert: I'm a pretty big Simmons fan and his basketball tome sat on my bedside table for several months.

When I see Raps fans criticize him for comments re: the Raps, I think two things are happening:
    - Raps fans are hypersensitive to any criticism, especially from Americans. I haven't read anything from Simmons that we didn't deserve - this franchise has been one of the worst in the League since its inception. Them's just the facts.
    - Simmons' schtick is that he's a fan and not an analyst. As a fan, he's obviously pro-Boston. That's it. That's his schtick and that's what makes his work stand out. He plays it up for fun, though, and he gives props to other cities when it's due. He's complimented the city of Toronto, Raptors fans, and certain members of the franchise when deserved. Calling him a "hater" is a clear oversimplification and suggests that you haven't really read enough of his work to know what's going on. You kind of discredit yourself.
    You are right my Lordship. I have discredited myself. All of us deserve his wrath.

"Calling him a "hater" is a clear oversimplification and suggests that you haven't really read enough of his work to know what's going on."

What else does he have in his head since it sounds like you've been inside of it a couple of times.... Bill.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Simmons has given the Raptors fans plenty of credit over the years as some of the most passionate and dedicated in the entire league. I think sometime he likes to stir the pot with us ('us' as in Raptors fans) because he knows he'll get flooded with emails and tweets where we call him an idiot, and he finds that stuff entertaining.

Any criticism that he hurls towards the franchise itself is unfortunately well deserved. I don't want to drag up all of the depressing statistics but we are basically the bottom of the barrel for teams over the last 20 years.
      Last edited by Fully; Mon Dec 23, 2013, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        What else does he have in his head since it sounds like you've been inside of it a couple of times.... Bill.
        LOL - you're the one calling out his response using your mystical Bill-Simmons-future-forecasting-superpowers. Whatever leverage I have by accessing Bill's cranium, you've clearly superseded with your ability to time travel AND read minds.

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
          LOL - you're the one calling out his response using your mystical Bill-Simmons-future-forecasting-superpowers. Whatever leverage I have by accessing Bill's cranium, you've clearly superseded with your ability to time travel AND read minds.

Bill, you're taking my post way too seriously.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Bill, you're taking my post way too seriously.
            I've never been less serious in all my life.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Raps fans hate Simmons because Raptors have the highest amount of cry baby fans in the league. Site's like ESPN get flooded with emails by Raptor fans crying about being hated on anytime there's an article that doesn't talk highly of them.

Classic Canadian Little Brother syndrome.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                Raps fans hate Simmons because Raptors have the highest amount of cry baby fans in the league. Site's like ESPN get flooded with emails by Raptor fans crying about being hated on anytime there's an article that doesn't talk highly of them.

Classic Canadian Little Brother syndrome.
                I believe we can all have fun with each other. No?

Comment

I believe we can all have fun with each other. No?
                  NO!

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                    NO!
                    N for NO. Makes sense.

Comment

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/powerra...=iref:nbahpt3b

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I don't think the "fire sale" idea is tied to just the Rudy trade, but the Rudy trade combined with the countless rumours (some from very credible sources) that the entire team is up for grabs.
                        Because internet rumours stick about as often as 10 day old shit thrown against the wall? lol, rumours. Is there any credible source that has said anything worth talking about, other than Woj reporting that NY was interested in Lowry, and MU's response was something along the lines of "sure, give me an offer that I'm sure you'll turn down, and we have a deal"? That's indication of a "fire sale"?

Comment

Working...
                        X