Dwane Casey's Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwane Casey's Future

The Raptors are in a good position to take the top position in the very weak Atlantic division, say we end up winning the division and taking the 4th seed and maybe win a playoff series, should Masai resign Casey after this season?

Edit- If you do want him gone, who should be a candidate to replace him
    Last edited by TDOTtillIDie; Mon Dec 23, 2013, 04:00 PM.

No way.

New coach is must even if we finish 4th seed.

Comment

Astronaut

Comment

College coach.

Comment

Good lord no.

New coach.

The parallels to 2006-2008 that are continuing to mount are frightening.

Comment

Interesting what happens if the Raps win the Atlantic and win the division.

And to be fair w/ Casey, i think he's done a terrific job the last 2 games.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Good lord no.

New coach.

The parallels to 2006-2008 that are continuing to mount are frightening.
              Ya this is scary. I hope MU is noticing it as well and decides to nut up and trade everyone away, even if it means the fans will hate him.

Comment

Reach the playoffs, maximize trade values and go for it.
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Casey has done a great job lately I wouldnt mind keeping him. Everyone can get better and the defense first identity is definitely there and the ball moves now running some good offensive sets.

DC is making a push for keeping his job now. For anyone that hasnt seen the rankings Raps are 14th in offense and 10th defensively.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    Interesting what happens if the Raps win the Atlantic and win the division.

And to be fair w/ Casey, i think he's done a terrific job the last 2 games.
                    To be honest, I don't think the OKC game was well coached. It wasn't as horrible as Casey has been in earlier games, but these past 2 showings are definitely not reason enough to justify keeping Casey. Our offence was rested upon the shoulders of John Salmons in the clutch, and while he ended up hitting key shots, it was pretty damn ugly (with isolations and tons of dribbling). If he misses one of those pull-ups at the elbow and the Raps lose, people would be talking about firing Casey today instead of keeping him.

Initially I really liked what Casey did in his first few months here, but after that we saw a myriad of mismanaged games, questionable decisions with Jonas, and straight boneheaded calls ("Yeah let Rasual inbound the ball.") We cannot forget about how truly bad he has been for long stretches. With that being said, I feel like there are three possible outcomes:

If Masai keeps this team together and Casey seems to mesh and coach well with them for the rest of the year, then yeah, we can talk about keeping him.

If Masai keeps the team together but the coaching is inconsistent, fire him.

Finally, if Masai blows the team up, fire him, start fresh.

I'd say the last two are most likely.
                    Last edited by Red and White; Mon Dec 23, 2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      DC is making a push for keeping his job now. For anyone that hasnt seen the rankings Raps are 14th in offense and 10th defensively.
                      The team is playing better now. That always makes the coach look better. I get the impression from the coach's comments since the trade that the GM has told him to spend more time developing his players. So despite his tendency to sit Valanciunas, Casey has left him in at crucial points, with positive effects. Ross is inconsistent, so the strategy is to let him play through some mistakes, but not when his shooting is cold or when the game is on the line.

Casey will be gone at the end of the season, I have no doubt. Mr. Masai will pick his own coach. Yet how the Raptors do this season will determine whether Casey has a career as a head coach or will end up being a career assistant. I no longer think that he will be fired any time soon, however.

Comment

A new coach means new identity and also I dont think we will realize how good Casey actually was till hes gone however when our defense numbers plummet. Hes doing well with still not that great a squad.

that 10th defensive team with a sophmore Center is huge, but it helps as well that Ujiri is giving him guys that accept their roles.

Comment

TDOTtillIDie wrote: View Post
                          The Raptors are in a good position to take the top position in the very weak Atlantic division, say we end up winning the division and taking the 4th seed and maybe win a playoff series, should Masai resign Casey after this season?

Edit- If you do want him gone, who should be a candidate to replace him
                          I sure hope not. If we get the 4th seed, it's not because of the coach.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

If we are talking about keeping Casey, what were are really saying is:

Rudy Gay is the most uncoachable team-ruining man to ever ball.

Comment

i dont think one guy here is even remotely qualified to judge the coach.

he gets respect from other coaches.

I will side with other coaches.

Comment

Working...
                              X