X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark
    replied
    Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I agree. 30th defensively to now 10th and fans just can't appreciate it. He's the perfect coach to teach solid defensive fundamentals to a young squads at isn't ready to compete as yet.
    So basically we use him like a 2 bit hooker then we kick him to the curb once it's time to go to the formal gala with our hot wife.

I like it.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    I agree. 30th defensively to now 10th and fans just can't appreciate it. He's the perfect coach to teach solid defensive fundamentals to a young squads at isn't ready to compete as yet.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    meh, coaching in Toronto should have an asterisk beside it

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Head coach probably.

He will always have a gig as an assistant... Likely lead too.
    Probably. Triano landed in Portland and Casey is his one-sided (defense-only) double.

Craig, if you're talking about me, not sure what you're on about. Sam Mitchell won Coach of the Year--there's literally no higher individual coaching accolade--and years later he's doing Raptors broadcasts.

Casey had a shot in Minnesota and blew it, and it took him years to land a head coaching job again. Every criticism that was leveled at him during his tenure there has been repeated here.

The guy is 56. He is who he is. He's never made the playoffs, so he's not suitable for a veteran squad. He doesn't place an emphasis on developing youth, but instead relies on journeyman vets like Alan Anderson. So what kind of team would expect him to bring new life to their organization? Unless he somehow can get us to a >.500 record and the playoffs this will be just another season of disappointment to add to his resume.

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied
    Craig wrote: View Post

spoken like a true expert.

I wonder, what is it Carlisle see's in Casey..... I mean, clearly you have nailed it, you got er all hammered out. But a rookie like Carlisle.... I wonder what the heck he was thinking when he was singing Casey's praises. Actually, the GM over in OKC was kinda raving too.... I wonder what he was thinking.

Its o wonder the NBA is in the shape it is nowadays, all these guys running the show have no idea what they are talking about.

And here, we have a guy who has it all figured out. This fucking world man....its always a fascinating thing to behold.
    Ever heard of giving the politically correct answer?

Coaching is a faculty, you don't shit on your colleagues.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Casey should and will be out of coaching after leaving our squad.
    Head coach probably.

He will always have a gig as an assistant... Likely lead too.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied

spoken like a true expert.

I wonder, what is it Carlisle see's in Casey..... I mean, clearly you have nailed it, you got er all hammered out. But a rookie like Carlisle.... I wonder what the heck he was thinking when he was singing Casey's praises. Actually, the GM over in OKC was kinda raving too.... I wonder what he was thinking.

Its o wonder the NBA is in the shape it is nowadays, all these guys running the show have no idea what they are talking about.

And here, we have a guy who has it all figured out. This fucking world man....its always a fascinating thing to behold.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Casey should and will be out of coaching after leaving our squad.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    No way.

New coach is must even if we finish 4th seed.
    I could not agree more. I think MU gets it and will not retain DC even if we finish 4th.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    he cant shoot, and shoots lots.

Leave a comment:

• Shrub
    replied
    JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    That, and/or he was just, for whatever reason, an absolutely horrendous fit on that particular roster (for a myriad of possible reasons).
    Nope.
    Not that.
    Can't be.

Casey didn't coach well enough of Rudy didn't follow well enough.

Fit can't explain that catastrophe.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    None of us are likely qualified to judge anything.

If no one is qualified to judge anything, what is the point of the forum?

Shoot and shovel the sh!t is all it is. Anyone who thinks their opinion matters when it comes to the Xs and Os, signings/tradings, hirings/firings is an idiot.

Side note: I was talking to a guy who plays in upper level of European basketball recently. He was talking about how when he played in Croatia years ago fans critiqued him and his game everywhere he went. He'd be in the local shops and they'd be picking apart his game.... and look out if you had a bad game. They'd even show up at practice with video recorders, film you, and then show you in the streets what you're doing wrong.
    Oh jesus calm down,

what i'm basically saying is this. Casey is help is pretty high regard around the league. There has to be legitimate reasons that extend beyond 15 year old kids saying he "has no idea how to run his rotations". I mean fuck, half the guys here that say that, don't even know what a rotation is.

I know we gotta talk about this shit, its fun, and yes, we all have opinions. I think at times however we should maybe consider that there are other reasons the team loses, or wins.

I mean Casey was shitty, all the way until Gay left, now Toronto is winning. Did he read a book the day Gay left town?

Now Matty, I can tell you this, I don't believe the head coach, in at least 25 of the 30 teams really has as much affect on his squad as we might think, so in the end, its a moot point to me, I just tend to try to glean what i can from the professionals, and I simply have yet to hear anyone say anything that hasnt been complimentary.

thats all buudy

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    Shrub wrote: View Post
    If we are talking about keeping Casey, what were are really saying is:

Rudy Gay is the most uncoachable team-ruining man to ever ball.
    That, and/or he was just, for whatever reason, an absolutely horrendous fit on that particular roster (for a myriad of possible reasons).

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Craig wrote: View Post
    i dont think one guy here is even remotely qualified to judge the coach.

he gets respect from other coaches.

I will side with other coaches.
    None of us are likely qualified to judge anything.

If no one is qualified to judge anything, what is the point of the forum?

Shoot and shovel the sh!t is all it is. Anyone who thinks their opinion matters when it comes to the Xs and Os, signings/tradings, hirings/firings is an idiot.

Side note: I was talking to a guy who plays in upper level of European basketball recently. He was talking about how when he played in Croatia years ago fans critiqued him and his game everywhere he went. He'd be in the local shops and they'd be picking apart his game.... and look out if you had a bad game. They'd even show up at practice with video recorders, film you, and then show you in the streets what you're doing wrong.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Interesting what happens if the Raps win the Atlantic and win the division.

And to be fair w/ Casey, i think he's done a terrific job the last 2 games.
    Well, let's be honest, for him 'terrific' means 'hasn't done anything that even an amateur can instantly recognize as being questionable at best'

Leave a comment:

Working...
X