My hopes and dreams for this team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My hopes and dreams for this team.

Imagine if this basketball team could turn out to be 2004-2005 Detroit Pistons and win an NBA title? That team didn't have a superstar, they had good players just like this team. It's not so much of a long shot since the only real competition in the east would be Miami, Indiana, Atlanta (Maybe Boston is Rajon Rondo gets back to his old self). We could pretty much get into the second round, I think we could even get to the ECF's but I don't see how we could beat Miami or Indiana but you never know. I have faith in this team, I'm not saying their going to the finals but I think it's a good idea to keep the core guys together instead of blowing everything up. I was #TANKNATION now I'm just sitting back on my couch and letting the season play out by itself. #TrustINMASAIUJIRI #Takeiteasy.

Ball is round, everything can happen sir.

Anyway, Masai said we won't be in the middle, and I believe in him. If he finds a way how to improve this team by trading and signing players - that's okay with me.

Personally, I hope we'll draft superstar next year. #changeisneeded #nbadraft

Comment

Didnt took too long, haha
      We can all dream
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
        Imagine if this basketball team could turn out to be 2004-2005 Detroit Pistons and win an NBA title? That team didn't have a superstar, they had good players just like this team. It's not so much of a long shot since the only real competition in the east would be Miami, Indiana, Atlanta (Maybe Boston is Rajon Rondo gets back to his old self). We could pretty much get into the second round, I think we could even get to the ECF's but I don't see how we could beat Miami or Indiana but you never know. I have faith in this team, I'm not saying their going to the finals but I think it's a good idea to keep the core guys together instead of blowing everything up. I was #TANKNATION now I'm just sitting back on my couch and letting the season play out by itself. #TrustINMASAIUJIRI #Takeiteasy.
        Here's how I rank the starters on that Pistons team vs this Raptors team

1. Chauncey Billups ALL STAR
        2. Rasheed Wallace ALL STAR
        3. Ben Wallace ALL STAR
        4. Rip Hamilton ALL STAR

5. Kyle Lowry DECENT STARTER
        6. Amir Johnson DECENT STARTER
        7. Tayshaun Prince DECENT STARTER
        8. Demar Derozan DECENT STARTER

9. Jonas Valanciunas PROJECT
        10. Terrence Ross PROJECT

So, well I am excited too, this comparison is not even close. They had stars, borderline superstars in fact. Billups and Big Ben were out of this world that season, and there was no Lebron or Durant in the league at the time either.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I like the idea but like Keon was saying Ben Wallace in his prime was one of the best defensive players to ever play the game -- and anchored a ridiculously good defensive team. When they say defensive wins championships I think they were referring to this team (and the spurs in the 90s).

Rasheed is the model of a stretch 4, I think maybe the only other current NBA players that fits that bill more is Dirk and Love (though Rasheed has them beat on D).

hindsight 20/20, hypotheticals are a waste of time ect ect buttttt if we had drafted Leonard and Dummond (and signed say Bledsoe and Stepheson) then I think we would be a lot closer that prototype than we are now

Comment

Amir is basically a mix between Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              Amir is basically a mix between Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace.
              dat 'summer' 3

Comment

My dream for this team is Lowry gets traded to GS and we get Harrison Barnes in return.

Then come draft night. Package DeRozan + our own 1st round pick(guessing 15-20 range if we make the playoffs) for a top 10 draft pick. And then we select LaVine or Gordon.

2nd round - James McAdoo or LaQuinton Ross.

JV
                Amir
                Barnes
                LaVine
                Vazquez
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

My dream already happened. We got rid of Rudy and we dumped him to this poor excuse of a team!!!
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    My dream already happened. We got rid of Rudy and we dumped him to this poor excuse of a team!!!
                    I like that coach... He's got balls of steel, not like Casey, balls of... balls?
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                      i feel bad for acy and gray though.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        Whos that?

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          I actually feel happy for Acy. He's getting some minutes to play.

Comment

my dreams...and wishes, prepare yourselves
                            1) out do the leafs in banner counting
                            2) have a parade down young street and be like 'i run this town'
                            3) DeMar being a raptors for life
                            4) have a Christmas day game
                            5) get atleast one BIG commercial

6) go undefeated in the playoffs
                            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                            X