Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Ujiri possibly be buy our way into the draft rather than tanking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p00ka
    replied
    Ross for Afflalo???? LOL, that would be one of the dumbest moves MU could make. He's not dumb. Not going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    I'm 99% certain that the "source" is simply Zach Lowe's Grantland piece that suggested the idea as a possibility. Nothing more.

But on a side note, remember that breakout game Ross had vs. the Magic last year? I think it was highlighted by a midcourt steal followed by a breakaway windmill dunk. It's funny how opposing GMs take notice from a single game, eh?

I bet the same thing happened in Memphis a few years ago when Jerryd Bayless went HAM and stole a game for the Raptors. Low and behold, Bayless now plays in Memphis.

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied
    Jamshid wrote: View Post
    Wounldn't it be funny if CHI actually move Deng and go to tank mode and get guy like Wiggins or Parker and match them along side Rose
    It sounds a lot like how the Spurs started their dynasty.

Leave a comment:

• Fully
    replied
    I'm pretty sure that Ross for Afflalo deal was something Zach Lowe threw out as a completely hypothetical in his article last week, and the media has taken it and run it through the "sources" spin cycle where it gains a little bit more credibility each day, despite not being factual in the least.

I mean, just look at the actual wording of the tweet:

Sources confirm that the Raptors would be interested in a trade including Terrence Ross for Arron Aflalo if they become buyers by the deadline."

It's really just saying that there's a small possibility it happens, dressed up to make it seem like an actual piece of news.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Hmmmmm

Not buying this.

But there is no question Orlando and Toronto have been talking. Previous Orlando leaks were about Lowry.

Only way I see Masai giving up on Ross is if he is dumping a bad contract(s) in the process (Fields, Novak, Hayes) and/or obtaining future pick.

The Magic have an identical contract to Bynum in Hedo: January 7th deadline to clear up to $18M in cap space for non luxury tax teams (150% or +$5M).

Hypothetically speaking here but what about this, two transactions:

1) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=kfq32zw

Toronto: Hedo (who is immediately waived) and 2017 Lakers first
    Orlando: Fields, Novak, and Ross.

2) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=ntg6pb6

Toronto: Afflalo
    Orlando: Hayes

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Lol. Kevin Bryant again?? take it with a grain of salt.

Ross for Afflalo is so stupid it's not even funny. MU is too smart for that.

Leave a comment:

• JordanMariam14
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    What sources? Ujiri hasn't seemed to leak anything at all since taking the job. Are those sources Afflalo's agent, since Afflalo doesn't wantto be stuck on a losing team?

I'd be extremely skpetical. Afflalo is a great role player having a career year. He is not a piece that really moves this team up another level in my opinion.
    I'm not sure but that's coming from Kevin Rashadi, and he's not really a reporting kinda guy.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    "@KevinRashidi: Source confirms Raptors would be interested in a trade including Terrence Ross for Arron Aflalo if they become buyers by the deadline."

Apparently Orlando has been having interest in Ross.
    Don't know what to think about this..

What sources? Ujiri hasn't seemed to leak anything at all since taking the job. Are those sources Afflalo's agent, since Afflalo doesn't wantto be stuck on a losing team?

I'd be extremely skpetical. Afflalo is a great role player having a career year. He is not a piece that really moves this team up another level in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• JordanMariam14
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Really? So far it's just the one non-rumour from Lowe's piece. It was just a for argument's sake type thing I thought.

I still maintain that if they do end up trading Ross, his best value might be as a way to get into the top 8 or so of this draft (obviously not top 3).
    "@KevinRashidi: Source confirms Raptors would be interested in a trade including Terrence Ross for Arron Aflalo if they become buyers by the deadline."

Apparently Orlando has been having interest in Ross.
    Don't know what to think about this..

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    I keep hearing rumours about trade talks involving Terrence Ross and Aaron Afflao?

Really? So far it's just the one non-rumour from Lowe's piece. It was just a for argument's sake type thing I thought.

I still maintain that if they do end up trading Ross, his best value might be as a way to get into the top 8 or so of this draft (obviously not top 3).

Leave a comment:

• JordanMariam14
    replied
    I keep hearing rumours about trade talks involving Terrence Ross and Aaron Afflao?

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Z
    replied
    Jamshid wrote: View Post
    NOWAY I will trade Big Val with any players in this draft.
    DD& Amir str8 up for a top 3 picks.
    Ross str8 up for top 5 pick.
    If that whats those guys were really worth then why the hell would we need to trade for a top pick? lol

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    jamshid wrote: View Post
    noway i will trade big val with any players in this draft.
    Dd& amir str8 up for a top 3 picks.
    Ross str8 up for top 5 pick.
    Lol.

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Those are some high-powered beer goggles you've got on there
    Perhaps a little too much of this?

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    psrs1 wrote: View Post
    JR smith is a raptor killer.
    Yea, he'll kill the team if he plays for the Raps.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X