kyle lowry need to remain a raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kyle lowry need to remain a raptor

really looking at lowry right noww.......mannn if lowry take 8 mill id keep him! we better negociate right now
    id even say id trade derozan before lowry looking the way ross is developing right now but really i would play
    out the season unless we can get a top 5 pick if not is it really worth it to trade him

no your wrong this is dumb. Hes playing on a hot stretch. Look at his career as a whole. Plus players always play better during contract years. Not to mention a bit injury prone. He is playing at or even above his ceiling right now. Sell high.

Comment

I love the way he's playing, but going into offseason with him unsigned is also a big risk. Worst-case scenario of the non-tank is riding Lowry to the playoffs, then losing him in the offseason, and taking a big step backwards next year.

As to whether this is a just a contract year performance, I lean towards no. He's always had a high level of effort, but hasn't been particularly smart player. This year he's healthier and playing a far smarter team game than ever before. And he wouldn't be the first guy to get to his late 20s and realizes that he needs to take better care of his body and ends up doing much better at conditioning.

Comment

um no. he's on a hot streak and should be traded while the raps can get the most for him.

Comment

How much ? Will we pay him the same amount we paid Amir ?

4 years 30 million ??

I don't think he will be happy with anything less than 4 year 35

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
            How much ? Will we pay him the same amount we paid Amir ?

4 years 30 million ??

I don't think he will be happy with anything less than 4 year 35
            you cant sign him for 4 years. read the cba rules

Comment

Nah. I'd still move him if they could get something useful for him. Like a 1st round pick or a good young player. Like, if GS offer Barnes for Lowry. I'd do it in a heartbeat.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Lowry is just on a hot streak plus its a contract year. Look how well JR smith played last year on his contract year and look at him now
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                  Lowry is just on a hot streak plus its a contract year. Look how well JR smith played last year on his contract year and look at him now
                  Ugh.. I hate it. Why can't players just put in that amount of work regardless of contract years or not? They supposedly love the sport..
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

correct me if im wrong, but the limit to sign him is 3 years AND only a 4.5% raise in salary in the first year right? so does that mean other teams can offer him more than we can?

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      correct me if im wrong, but the limit to sign him is 3 years AND only a 4.5% raise in salary in the first year right? so does that mean other teams can offer him more than we can?
                      Realistically, no, because if we so chose we could give him a three year extension where in the first year he got the maximum possible raise and then huge raises in the second and third years, which means we could, if we so chose, offer him a three-year deal where in the first year he got $6.6 million (his max raise) and then in the second and third years he would get max: $16.5 million. Meaning he would have about $40 million over three years, or $13 million per year. That's the most we can extend him; he could be indeed be offered more on a fresh contract.

That having been said, unless he keeps playing lights-out like this for the rest of the year, his ceiling is probably $11-12 million. 2014 will not be a great year for point guards; Kyle is lucky in that he's obviously the star attraction as PG free agents go, but only a few teams are really going to be interested in him and at least one of them (the Knicks) are going to be cash-strapped.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                        Realistically, no, because if we so chose we could give him a three year extension where in the first year he got the maximum possible raise and then huge raises in the second and third years, which means we could, if we so chose, offer him a three-year deal where in the first year he got $6.6 million (his max raise) and then in the second and third years he would get max: $16.5 million. Meaning he would have about $40 million over three years, or $13 million per year. That's the most we can extend him; he could be indeed be offered more on a fresh contract.

That having been said, unless he keeps playing lights-out like this for the rest of the year, his ceiling is probably $11-12 million. 2014 will not be a great year for point guards; Kyle is lucky in that he's obviously the star attraction as PG free agents go, but only a few teams are really going to be interested in him and at least one of them (the Knicks) are going to be cash-strapped.
                        got it. thanks for the explanation.

Comment

Wiggins wrote: View Post
                          um no. he's on a hot streak and should be traded while the raps can get the most for him.
                          what is "the most" you can get for lowry?

Lottery Pick in 2014, keep dreaming, no one is giving up their lottery pick?

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            Nah. I'd still move him if they could get something useful for him. Like a 1st round pick or a good young player. Like, if GS offer Barnes for Lowry. I'd do it in a heartbeat.
                            Barnes, really? why?

Comment

I don't think Lowry would agree to an extension whether he wants to be here or not. He can get a four year deal in free agency where he'll be the best pg available along with Bledsoe.

Comment

Working...
                              X