No announcement yet.

The Integrity Conundrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we don't get a good deal, and we don't think a good S&T is going to be available, the Nene option is available- resign him for a not unreasonable price and ship him off anyway
    @Boymusic66

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
      Agree - except that if you truely werent tanking (ie were trying to win THIS YEAR), you would either keep him, or trade him for someone who is locked up for a few years and can contribute to this team now. THJr and a 2018 pick dont qualify.

Again, I totally agree that MU knows what hes doing and isnt going to get fleeced, but its ok to admit that he likely has an eye on the future more than on this year (which frankly, he should!)
      I do agree with that, and at no point did I argue otherwise. But you are missing my point, trading Lowry does not have to be about the upcoming draft or the upcoming playoffs. The future for MU goes well beyond the timeframe between the end of this regular season and the start of the next. Making trades now just for the draft or just for the playoffs are BC type moves, not MU type moves. A return on Lowry isn't gonna make us contenders this year regardless, we ain't beating Indy or Miami so why be worried about making a trade for the playoffs this year. You see it as either trade to tank, or trade to make the playoffs this year, but I don't, that's where we disagree.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Casey probably gave him a card with his role on it:

THREE POINT SHOOTER,
        SECOND UNIT FIRST SCORING OPTION,
        FIND YOUR INNER ALLEN IVERSON
        That's not much better than the card he gave Rudy Gay halfway through last year

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Just worth noting: Lowry did say that he made a promise to the Toronto fans that he'd get them into the playoffs. Just saying. May indicate he has no intention of leaving TO.

Comment

Promises don't mean anything if someone puts a contract with ten mil a year under his nose. A promise isn't as binding as a signature on a dotted line.
            @Boymusic66

Comment

Working...
            X