No announcement yet.

A Plea From A Sane Raptors Fan [Re:Booing]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have average fans with a propensity for hate.

Comment

Another booing thread? Booing is fun.. the players don't feel impacted and if they do well they should get a different job. It comes with the territory when you perform in front of fans who for the most part are drinking alcoholic beverages.. This isn't the opera.

As long as the fans aren't throwing things on the court it's all really in good fun. It is not civilized but when is a basketball game going to be civilized? Are we going to ask the players to stop trash talking as well?

If a player played for the Raptors and did something that was so offensive then he's worth a boo. Bargnani spoiled 6-7 years of this franchise (not all his fault but he makes a good scape goat). Carter quit on the team. Bosh bailed in free agency and left the Raptors with nothing but a TPE. Hedo ate a lot of pizza and shot bricks. They all deserve a boo.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
        Guys guys, let's put this in perspective here. All this is is sports. Sports is supposed to be fun. I boo anyone that isn't a Raptor because they don't play for the Raptors. I boo because I genuinely don't like Bargs and Carter. I know Hedo will never play in the NBA again but is he off limits too?

Not booing because you think it's strategically sound or because it doesn't fit our polite Canadian persona is kinda stupid and boring. Is it ok to boo when they're shooting freethrows?

I feel like there needs to be policy drawn up for fans on proper booing etiquette. I always get confused on when to cheer and when to boo.

Sorry I'm getting overly sarcastic but again, it's just sports man. Have fun.
        Policy drawn up? Do you need a Royal Commission to draw this up? Really?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Another booing thread? Booing is fun.. the players don't feel impacted and if they do well they should get a different job. It comes with the territory when you perform in front of fans who for the most part are drinking alcoholic beverages.. This isn't the opera.

As long as the fans aren't throwing things on the court it's all really in good fun. It is not civilized but when is a basketball game going to be civilized? Are we going to ask the players to stop trash talking as well?

If a player played for the Raptors and did something that was so offensive then he's worth a boo. Bargnani spoiled 6-7 years of this franchise (not all his fault but he makes a good scape goat). Carter quit on the team. Bosh bailed in free agency and left the Raptors with nothing but a TPE. Hedo ate a lot of pizza and shot bricks. They all deserve a boo.
          A previous post stated we got two first round picks re Bosh? I was not aware of this ...is this true? I thought we just got TPE.

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
            We got two first round draft picks and a trade exception. Those picks were miami's first (traded away for James Johnson, I wish we still had him). The other one was our own pick back in the 2011 draft- used to draft JV. So... he left and we got a (possible) franchise center. So... why boo bosh? Boo VC I can understand. He betrayed us, quit on us. Free agency is a right and you can't blame guys for exercising it, but I can't forgive giving up... although it has been long enough to maybe not boo him every time.

Here's my solution. Have the NBA schedule us three straight home games- Vs Dallas, Vs Miami, Vs NY. And then, before every game, have a little pre game ritual where Bryan Colangelo walks onto the court and does a smile and wave. Then we can get all our boos out on the man we truly hate, and we can get it out of our system!
            Is your info re Bosh Accurate?

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
              A previous post stated we got two first round picks re Bosh? I was not aware of this ...is this true? I thought we just got TPE.
              We did get 2 first rounder for Bosh, but one of them was one of our own we had already traded Miami...so it was more like getting one pick....

Comment

Technically they got 2 first round picks. They got their own pick that they gave to Miami in the Marion/O'Neal trade. That pick was lottery protected between 2010 and 2015. If the Raptors made the playoffs once in that span (so Davis, JV, Ross would still have been safe) then the Heat would have gotten that pick. This pick allowed the Raptors to trade for Lowry since they used the 2013 pick to land him (if Miami still owned that pick potentially then the Raptors would not have been able to use that pick and would have to use a 2015 pick or higher instead - something Houston may not have wanted).

They also got Miami's 2011 pick which ended up being Norris Cole who we traded to Chicago for for James Johnson (Chicago traded that pick to Minny who then traded it back to Miami).

So technically they got picks but if I look at that trade as a whole it was pretty weak (in my opinion).

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  We did get 2 first rounder for Bosh, but one of them was one of our own we had already traded Miami...so it was more like getting one pick....
                  NO, just no. The Bosh S&T netted 2 picks, not "more like one". Who one of those picks belonged to in the past takes nothing away from the facts of that transaction. That would be like the Raps trading to get Ed Davis back, then someone saying the Raps got nothing from this trade, because we're just getting back the player we previously gave Memphis. Two different transactions, a year apart, are not one transaction because a common asset is involved.

Comment

When Toronto fans boo former players it's disgraceful, when fan bases like the Knicks boo their current players, they are just showing off how much of a 'knowledgeable' and 'passionate' fan base they are. It doesn't really make sense to me.

If you buy a ticket, you can do what you like in my opinion. As long as you're not being overtly crass or inappropriate of course.

Comment

I really don't understand the never-ending booing threads that keep popping up. Why is it even an issue? It's sports where cheering and booing happen all the time.

All these threads make me more embarrassed by the sensitivity of our fanbase than anything heard at the ACC. "But just think about the players' feelings!!!"

Comment

LOL, sports, where people fight for the right to be morons. Yup, they pay their ticket and are entitled exercise their boo/yay intellect, even if it ignores the entitlement that the person beside them paid for, to enjoy the game of basketball, played by among the best in the world, with their kid, without being surrounded by simple minded morons getting their jollies by screaming drunken boos. Hey, there are morons in other arenas too, so what's wrong with ours enhancing the game experience for the kid beside them! This rant comes from personal experience of having attended game with a kid, and having the experience pretty messed up over such morons just not giving up. F..k, do it once if it makes your dismal life feel better because of it. But effing move on once you've exercised your "rights".

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                          LOL, sports, where people fight for the right to be morons. Yup, they pay their ticket and are entitled exercise their boo/yay intellect, even if it ignores the entitlement that the person beside them paid for, to enjoy the game of basketball, played by among the best in the world, with their kid, without being surrounded by simple minded morons getting their jollies by screaming drunken boos. Hey, there are morons in other arenas too, so what's wrong with ours enhancing the game experience for the kid beside them! This rant comes from personal experience of having attended game with a kid, and having the experience pretty messed up over such morons just not giving up. F..k, do it once if it makes your dismal life feel better because of it. But effing move on once you've exercised your "rights".
                          Booing and screaming out obscenities around kids is two different things.
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Policy drawn up? Do you need a Royal Commission to draw this up? Really?
                            Royal Commission sounds ok I guess. I think I'd prefer the senate reading it over, with final approval provided by Drake.
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                              Sounds like your personal experience is a lot different than a bunch of fans booing an ex player when he comes back to town.

Comment

Working...
                              X