Novak and Fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novak and Fields

This is almost 10 million sitting on our bench and doing nothing ... almost getting less than 5 minutes playing time.
    I don't care if we are tanking or competing but shouldn't MU try to trade these guys ?

In Masai We Trust

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      In Masai We Trust

Haahaha pretty much
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Novak will more than likely have value before feb 20th, potentially going to a playoff team that needs to space the floor.

I'm thinking late 2nd round pick at his peak value, most likely on trade day in return, but i dont know shit.

Fields i can totally see taking the Linas Kleiza route. His contract is hideous and supposedly has had issues with mechanics since he's been here. Amnestied or waived imo. Sad to see cause he looked promising coming here. I personally saw a lot of Anthony Parker in him.

Comment

No doubt he is perusing any interest in all his players. Novak, I do not doubt will be traded this season. Fields is much tougher to move, and I don't expect him to get traded unless it's part of an Amir, DD, or Lowry package.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            In Masai We Trust

LOOOL, Same way we trusted BC for 7 years

Trusting and supporting a GM is a good thing but one should always have a subjective eye on their actions or lack of

Comment

shan2on wrote: View Post
              Novak will more than likely have value before feb 20th, potentially going to a playoff team that needs to space the floor.

I'm thinking late 2nd round pick at his peak value, most likely on trade day in return, but i dont know shit.
              I never saw Casey putting in the offensive work necessary to get Novak to function. Once the Gay black-hole was gone, the Raptors should have created a tool for an offensive option they could throw out there.

Waiting for only last minute 3-point tries was ridiculous. You bring him in when you've got a few points lead and the 3 pointers would give you a push to increase your lead and deflate the opponent.

Comment

shan2on wrote: View Post

On our current pace that could be us lol

Comment

Im pretty sure they will be moved for some expring contract or something. Novak I see getting some nice return to maybe a team thats is looking to compete. 2nd rounder and a youngin for Novak?

fields and Novak I see being added with Lowry for something sometime before deadline.

Comment

Im not sure why people keep starting LF trade threads. HE HAS NEGATIVE VALUE! He stinks and he has a horrible contract. Can we please stop speculating about trading him?
                    It was a horrible, horrible signing from day one and we are now stuck with it. His best case is to be able to fill in if we have injuries.
                    As for Novak, he might have a little bit of value - 2nd rounder maybe. I actually think he will make his way back into our rotation also .. 2Pat has been great so far .. but I dont expect him to keep hitting the shots he has been .. might open up minutes for Novak.

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                      Im not sure why people keep starting LF trade threads. HE HAS NEGATIVE VALUE! He stinks and he has a horrible contract. Can we please stop speculating about trading him?
                      It was a horrible, horrible signing from day one and we are now stuck with it. His best case is to be able to fill in if we have injuries.
                      As for Novak, he might have a little bit of value - 2nd rounder maybe. I actually think he will make his way back into our rotation also .. 2Pat has been great so far .. but I dont expect him to keep hitting the shots he has been .. might open up minutes for Novak.
                      They both suck terribly.

I agree

Comment

Neither are cancers on the team. Novak should be a decently easy move for a contender looking for 3-point help. Fields I feel for-he really has good basketball IQ, great cutter. Worse comes worse were stuck with him, but if his shot mechanics ever come back into fold he might have some value.

Comment

The only person that possibly gets moved out of the two is Novak. And like most have said on the board, at most, he'll fetch is a future 2nd. Personally, I'd rather keep Novak than take a lotto ticket that is the 2nd rounder. Unfortunately with Fields, we're stuck with that guy for one more season. Waiving him makes no sense and you cannot amnesty him.

Comment

6.5 million for Fields had nothing to do with Masai and it's not going to be a piece that he can move. If there is anyone in the NBA that has the potential to move him, it's Masai.

Comment

If Masai manages to move Fields' horrendous contract this year, I will personally build a shrine over-top of the BC one I had started 7 years ago.

Count'em, potentially (3) ridiculous contracts in one year! (Bargnani / Gay / Fields)
                              #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Working...
                              X