Toronto Raptors Reportedly Considering New Black-and-Gold Color Scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    It's funny how the heat wear miami floridians throwback jerseys when the two franchises had nothing to do with each other. It really is about following current trends to make the most money
    Ya its a bit funny, but no different than the Raptors wearing Huskies Jerseys I guess.

And just checked, apparently the official colour was Magenta. Haha

Comment

• guys, I don't even thin k it's the trend thing black and gold/yellow has been around for a long while
      ask the bruins, penguins, steelers, and pirates
      soo yah
      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• If I'm Lebron, I'm listing "ugly uniforms" as the first discussion point at the next CBA meeting....

Comment

• I have to imagine the Blue-White combo is getting heavy consideration as well in all of this though.
          Not a single team in the League has Blue-White jerseys (especially the bright Blue that is used by the Leafs/Huskies), except the Thunder who's alternate is Navy-White.

ADD I guess Dallas actually is Blue-White.. nevermind. And Orlando is more Black-Blue. But also does..

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

Pink is close enough.

Its all been done before really.
            I actually think these are pretty awesome.
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Blue red and white could be interesting also

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
                Blue red and white could be interesting also
                God bless America.
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                  God bless America.
                  Was thinking something like the jays colour scheme.

Comment

• Oh i see. I hope the Raps get their own identity.
                    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• I'm starting to warm up to this black/gold idea. With TL's proclamation of going further in making the Raps Canada's team, I figured there's no way he'd consider going far away from Red/White, and going by national teams in recent years, Black as third colour.

Though I don't really care that much, but not being a Toronto resident, I was feeling a little perturbed that some Torontonians want the team to themselves and outwardly want to discount the Canadian angle. Then I got to thinking,,,,,,,,, as one of the many Calgary/Alberta members here, I'm seriously warming up to this Black Gold idea and making it truly Alberta's team:

- Oil: Black Gold
                      - Dinosaurs: Alberta = fossil capital of Canada, one of largest in the world.

Yeah, let's go black/gold and make this officially Alberta's team!!!!

Comment

• I like the thunder blue and white alternates a lot.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/11/...rtical-design/
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                          I'm starting to warm up to this black/gold idea. With TL's proclamation of going further in making the Raps Canada's team, I figured there's no way he'd consider going far away from Red/White, and going by national teams in recent years, Black as third colour.

Though I don't really care that much, but not being a Toronto resident, I was feeling a little perturbed that some Torontonians want the team to themselves and outwardly want to discount the Canadian angle. Then I got to thinking,,,,,,,,, as one of the many Calgary/Alberta members here, I'm seriously warming up to this Black Gold idea and making it truly Alberta's team:

- Oil: Black Gold
                          - Dinosaurs: Alberta = fossil capital of Canada, one of largest in the world.

Yeah, let's go black/gold and make this officially Alberta's team!!!!
                          And hey, how bout this stuff:

If we don't go blue/white, I love the black and gold idea. Could definitely sell tonnes of gear.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                            I hate when Canadian teams get overly patriotic and make every logo and jersey colour be "Canadian"

I hate the blue and white idea, but I hate red & white Canadian flag idea even more.
                            +1 the raps jersey to me feels like they are wearing the canadian flag. I could care less about cheering for Canada, I'm cheering for Toronto. I don't like the blue and white either, I get that people want it cause the leafs and jays and that is why I don't want it. The Raptors need to make a name for themselves, not ride on the leaf's popularity.

Black/gold sounds good to me, I wish we could see what they have mocked up. I would also experiment with purple accents, but more black and gold then purple.
                            AKA Chief Rocka @ RaptorsHQ

Comment

• Gold colour lost in court colour?...

At the game ("Drake" night Raps/Nets) a lot of people noticing the 'gold' doesn't "pop" and blends into the court. For those watching on TV, do you see the 'Gold' as easy as you would, say, with the colour 'Purple'? (Here's a pic I tried to take with the shirts adjacent to the court if that helps)

Comment

• Gives me chills when you see a warriors game or something and every fan is dressed in yellow or blue, I think they were all in white on christmas day as well. Hoped for that kind of atmosphere tonight, but not to be. Looked ordinary. I know its Black with some gold, but still expected it to look cool. The fact that only 60% or so of the fans that showed up wore the shirts probably was the main reason though!

Comment

Working...
                                X