Toronto Raptors Reportedly Considering New Black-and-Gold Color Scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Gives me chills when you see a warriors game or something and every fan is dressed in yellow or blue, I think they were all in white on christmas day as well. Hoped for that kind of atmosphere tonight, but not to be. Looked ordinary. I know its Black with some gold, but still expected it to look cool. The fact that only 60% or so of the fans that showed up wore the shirts probably was the main reason though!
    I agree, I liked the black and gold at first glance but man would the playoff atmosphere ever look bland and boring. Having all the fans in red definitely pops a lot more, is much more noticeable and creates a better atmosphere I think. I agree with the yellow on warriors fans too, looks great.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
      I agree, I liked the black and gold at first glance but man would the playoff atmosphere ever look bland and boring. Having all the fans in red definitely pops a lot more, is much more noticeable and creates a better atmosphere I think. I agree with the yellow on warriors fans too, looks great.
      They have to do the OKC style where one section gets black, the middle gets gold and then black again.

Like this

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
        They have to do the OKC style where one section gets black, the middle gets gold and then black again.

Like this
        Yeah that's quite interesting
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
          I like the thunder blue and white alternates a lot.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/11/...rtical-design/
          The Thunder alternates IMO are awful. They could've created a lot of cool jersey design with the name Thunder and they picked that?? so boring, it doesn't make sense.

As for the Raps, i'm warming up with the black and gold. Still prefer red and white like the Indiana Hoosier jersey but i don't have any problem with black and gold. I think it's unique.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I quite like the thunder alternates tbh. Sometimes simple just works better for me!

But yeh Having the Arena split in Red and White segments would look amazing for the playoffs If...WHEN the raptors make it

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              The Thunder alternates IMO are awful. They could've created a lot of cool jersey design with the name Thunder and they picked that?? so boring, it doesn't make sense.

As for the Raps, i'm warming up with the black and gold. Still prefer red and white like the Indiana Hoosier jersey but i don't have any problem with black and gold. I think it's unique.
              I agree about the thunder alternates, they just look so cheap.

Comment

• This thread is almost identical to the one we had going in the offseason about rebranding

Basically I'm down with whatever... as long as they aren't all gold jerseys. That would be disgusting to look at.

Or blue. Fuck blue.
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                  And hey, how bout this stuff:

If we don't go blue/white, I love the black and gold idea. Could definitely sell tonnes of gear.
                  LOL, sneaky product placement Mack.

Changing the color scheme is a great idea. It will help differentiate the brand from the last two phases which ended with abysmal results and public finger pointing...

I'm down for whatever helps the process. I'm tired of watching losers. I've been watching losers for most of the last 20 years...

It's football, but here is an example:

Comment

• Or something like the Boilermaker's jerseys:

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                      I quite like the thunder alternates tbh. Sometimes simple just works better for me!

But yeh Having the Arena split in Red and White segments would look amazing for the playoffs If...WHEN the raptors make it
                      I LOVE the Thunder alternative, it just doesn't work well with their bland colours. But I love that they went with a completely new design. Team's should try out of the box designs for their 3rd jersey's, and not just camo colours but real design changes.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                        I LOVE the Thunder alternative, it just doesn't work well with their bland colours. But I love that they went with a completely new design. Team's should try out of the box designs for their 3rd jersey's, and not just camo colours but real design changes.
                        when it comes to alternative jerseys I loved seeing this one

so laid back and unique, feels like a team from Jamaica is playing.
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                          when it comes to alternative jerseys I loved seeing this one

so laid back and unique, feels like a team from Jamaica is playing.
                          Lol Julian wright hahahah

Comment

Working...
                          X