NBA.com Power Rankings - Raps #12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p00ka wrote: View Post
    For the fans of analytics, Hollinger's rating system has them at 11th.
    After a great practice yesterday we are now at 10.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
      i don't understand how yahoo still exists
      Woj!
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        I'm most impressed and excited about the 9th place defensive ranking. Considering the bench players from Sacramento are still learning Casey's defense the ranking may even get better!
        or worse
        "Masai WILL win us a championship"
        - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Up to #9 now. WOWzers.

#9 - Toronto (16-16)
          Pace: 95.1 (23), OffRtg: 102.8 (14), DefRtg: 100.6 (7), NetRtg: +2.3 (10)
          Though the Raptors came up empty in the fourth quarter in Miami on Sunday, it was a continuation of their post-Rudy-Gay legitimacy tour, which has featured wins over the teams with the best record in each conference. Their starting lineup has been about 20 points per 100 possessions better with Terrence Ross in Rudy Gay's place. And after a visit to Indy, their schedule eases up quite a bit.
          This week: @ IND, vs. DET, vs. BKN

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Up to #9 now. WOWzers.
            Dat defensive rating do!

Comment

DeRozan is actually on the front page of ESPN's power rankings. When was the last time a Raptor appeared on ESPN's front page talking about something positive about the team?
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Up to #9 now. WOWzers.
                The defensive rating is vary nice
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  DeRozan is actually on the front page of ESPN's power rankings. When was the last time a Raptor appeared on ESPN's front page talking about something positive about the team?
                  I'm seeing Michael Carter Williams. Might be related to where your isp is or your surfing habits.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                    I'm seeing Michael Carter Williams. Might be related to where your isp is or your surfing habits.
                    http://espn.go.com/nba/

Young, Curry and DeRozan.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      http://espn.go.com/nba/

Young, Curry and DeRozan.
                      My mistake. I Googled NBA.com power rankings, not ESPN's.

Comment

Also pointed out in the NBA.com Power Rankings ... The Raptors have had the 3rd Toughest Schedule in the League up to this point.

And somehow Miami and Indiana are gifted the #1 and #3 easiest Schedules in the League ... c'mon NBA ...

Comment

Also pointed out in the NBA.com Power Rankings ... The Raptors have had the 3rd Toughest Schedule in the League up to this point.

And somehow Miami and Indiana are gifted the #1 and #3 easiest Schedules in the League ... c'mon NBA ...
                          Their schedules are considered easier because they are among the best teams and they play in the East. They do not have the regular tough matchups that the top West teams have, they mostly get shitty East team after shitty East team. there is no way that the Raps schedule could be easier than the Heats or Indy, unless the latter is playing a bunch of back to back against west teams on the road.

Comment

DRTG of 98.6 since the trade. 5th in the league in that time span. ORTG of 105.1, 13th in the league. Net rating is 5th in the league over that stretch.

Meanwhile they've played teams with a combined winning percentage of 54.8 % (45 wins on average) over that stretch. The Pythagorean win prediction model would suggest this equals an expected ORTG and DRTG of 104.6 and 105.8 based on the league averages. That means the Raptors are performing slightly above average offensively, and -7.2 defensively, an amazing level of defense that projects to a DRTG of 98.0 over the season. Just a great stretch of basketball.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I read this and had to Fap to it.

Comment

Hard to argue against it, but I'm still surprised at how high up we are. I know that power rankings are based on defensive/offensive ratings, games played and scheduling but I'm interested in how we'll match up against some of the teams we're currently ranked higher than, such as the Rockets, Wolves and Pelicans.

Comment

Working...
                                X