• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach Lowe's piece on the raps

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...oronto-raptors

nice read, Lowe's definitely one of the best
    @sweatpantsjer

"The ball is just constantly moving," DeRozan says. "We don't care who scores, or who shoots the ball. Masai [Ujiri, the team's GM] made the best decision for us to win. You hate to see a close friend go, but he made a good decision. It's paying off now."
    This quote from Demar made me sit up
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      This quote from Demar made me sit up
      "The ball is moving," Casey tells Grantland. "Guys are playing together. Everyone is buying in. No disrespect to Rudy, but he's a different type of player."

And that one from Casey too.

Comment

Great read, it will be interesting to see how the team performs over the next little stretch with 3 games against the beasts of the easts. Win or lose, how we compete should be telling.

The idea that Lowe presents of trading Ross for Afflalo doesn't appeal to me at all.

Comment

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...oronto-raptors

nice read, Lowe's definitely one of the best
          That "Ross for Afflalo" bit kinda came out of nowhere.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

DeMar's passion for winning trumps his friendship with Rudy. I admire how badly we wants to bring a winning culture to Toronto.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              That "Ross for Afflalo" bit kinda came out of nowhere.
              yeah i actually said "whoa" out load reading it
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                DeMar's passion for winning trumps his friendship with Rudy. I admire how badly we wants to bring a winning culture to Toronto.
                That is at the crux of this article. I think that it's easy to say strip and tank, but the current circumstance really makes it hard. There's other intangibles as well and the big one being a winning culture, letting the young guys learn, maybe even getting a taste of the playoffs. For every Cleveland franchise, you now have Phoenix and Toronto. Until this team derails, they should keep on plowing.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Sigh.

Lowe is pretty much bang on. In a nutshell the basketball gods have conspired to make the makeover of the team a pretty difficult one....starting off with the Raptors positioning themselves out of the lottery (where they deserved to be at the beginning of the season) and missing out on the deepest draft in about 10 years. We shall now have to depend on MU's rookie- talent picking smarts. My concern now is with Lowry working himself into a very good asset that we get something tangible for him or retain him. This draft is really clogging everything up. No one really wants to make a move it seems.

Comment

Only thing i didn't agree with in the article is that there's a drying market for Lowry. I think if anything it's heating up.

However, i don't think Masai is going to make out like a bandit in whatever he gets back, but if he brings in a good young prospect or a pick (not both) it'll be worthwhile.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      Sigh.

Lowe is pretty much bang on. In a nutshell the basketball gods have conspired to make the makeover of the team a pretty difficult one....starting off with the Raptors positioning themselves out of the lottery (where they deserved to be at the beginning of the season) and missing out on the deepest draft in about 10 years. We shall now have to depend on MU's rookie- talent picking smarts. My concern now is with Lowry working himself into a very good asset that we get something tangible for him or retain him. This draft is really clogging everything up. No one really wants to make a move it seems.
                      If Lowry is moved, MU better get a decent haul. The thing that kinda gets me around these parts is that many believe that Lowry should be moved just for the sake of picks and being bad. Why? The guy is lights out. For those who believe that it's fool's gold, think about this for a second: Rudy Gay (although he has a fat option waiting for him) is also playing for his next contract. His play is in decline and the change of scenery didn't change a damn thing. It's possible the Lowry's play since the trade means that the current roster contains the right pieces that complements his game. I think that this team needs to really think about the importance of guard play in this guard-oriented league (see Phoenix). Even if they lose the next set of games against top East opponents, they need to really assess if Lowry fits with this group moving forward.

Comment

Only thing i didn't agree with in the article is that there's a drying market for Lowry. I think if anything it's heating up.

However, i don't think Masai is going to make out like a bandit in whatever he gets back, but if he brings in a good young prospect or a pick (not both) it'll be worthwhile.
                        Outside of the Knicks, I believe it's dry as hell - otherwise, he should have been dealt already. My 2 cents.

Comment

I don't like the implications of a Afflalo for Ross trade basically because that that would put the Raptors in a similar situation when Rudy and Demar were often on the floor together. There was not enough ball to go around. Too many iso situations, less ball movement. Afflalo for Derozan makes more sense for the Raptors.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                            I don't like the implications of a Afflalo for Ross trade basically because that that would put the Raptors in a similar situation when Rudy and Demar were often on the floor together. There was not enough ball to go around. Too many iso situations, less ball movement. Afflalo for Derozan makes more sense for the Raptors.
                            From what I've seen, Afflalo is better than Derozan and Rudy at playing OFF the ball

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                              If Lowry is moved, MU better get a decent haul. The thing that kinda gets me around these parts is that many believe that Lowry should be moved just for the sake of picks and being bad. Why? The guy is lights out. For those who believe that it's fool's gold, think about this for a second: Rudy Gay (although he has a fat option waiting for him) is also playing for his next contract. His play is in decline and the change of scenery didn't change a damn thing. It's possible the Lowry's play since the trade means that the current roster contains the right pieces that complements his game. I think that this team needs to really think about the importance of guard play in this guard-oriented league (see Phoenix). Even if they lose the next set of games against top East opponents, they need to really assess if Lowry fits with this group moving forward.
                              Not sure how you're coming to this conclusion. Rudy gay has been shooting FG% career high in Sacramento right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Working...
                              X