Pacers@Raptors Game day thread: 1st game of 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p00ka wrote: View Post
    Funny how the guy who hides from me behind the ignore wall, sneaks out to take cheap shots, then runs like a coward back behind the wall,,, and his friends.\

PS. and nothing was debunked, bully hiding behind his wall, and friends, pffffffffffft

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
      Didn't know where to put this, but here's a cool breakdown on the game last night:

I think this shows a lot of Demar's value on his ability to read the defence. I agree he has some deficiencies. He turned the ball over a lot last night and took a couple silly shots. However he is not a finished product and there are so much good i believe raps fans are over looking. 26 pts vs the Pacers with PaulG guarding him. Not his best shooting night but still, impressive. He's also been closing games.

Comment

• I said it before DeRozan is a G its time we stop trading our best guys and start building with them. As a fan you really want to see this man move on to another team and kill it?

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          I said it before DeRozan is a G its time we stop trading our best guys and start building with them. As a fan you really want to see this man move on to another team and kill it?
          As a fan I want to see Masai build the best team he possibly can. Some people believe that team includes DeMar DeRozan. Some people believe that it might be possible to work out a deal that brings back a better piece that improves the teams chances now and in the future. what DeRozan does or does not do after any postulated trade is immaterial if trading DeRozan accomplishes improving the team in a responsible way.

What is hard to understand here?

For the record, I respect and like DeRozan and would be happy to keep him if he stopped taking bad shots and started making 3's again. He has improved incrementally every year, and is an iron man in terms of his health and not missing games. Good character and likes Toronto. Good for him. But if Masai can improve the team by moving him, that's the way the game is played.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
            Didn't know where to put this, but here's a cool breakdown on the game last night:

Nice. Love how Ross and DeMar are reading the D coming off screens. Have to credit the coaching staff for pointing them in the right direction.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              There are a group of you on here that just....

Oh believe me, we feel the same way. You're one of those people

Comment

• Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  Oh believe me, we feel the same way. You're one of those people
                  At least my 'one of those people' don't use petty names and backhanded comments when the argument gets tough. We instead try to counter logically...

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                    If you haven't seen any, you need to get out from under that rock more often. Aside from that, if my response to your post wasn't basketball related, then neither was yours, as I was talking about the subject you raised. "Lame" was being kind.

Now, back to the topic. I say you, nor I, know enough to judge whether Casey handled Ross the right way or not, but clear evidence is that it didn't hurt him. I thought that was a reasonable opinion of your imaginative opinion, and supplied at least some reasoning for that opinion. What did you provide? But you apparently take great offense at that, and choose to respond with weaselly cheap shots. No surprise, because that's your usual M.O. here when your simplistic "opinions" are exposed as such.

You say Casey didn't handle Ross effectively , and seem quite certain of that. Opinions are great, but when based on nothing but baseless imagination, they're just people needing to be heard. I can express an opinion that you must have a small penis, but that would be just demonstrating that I'm talking out of my ass, with no basis for that opinion. So what is your basis for feeling that Ross would have developed faster with different handling? What's your expertise in developing young players, that says my opinion is wrong?
                    That's the beauty of an opinion, genius. You don't need "expertise" to form one.

It's my opinion that Ross would've developed faster if given this opportunity last year. I'm giving Ross the benefit of the doubt, but I admit it's speculation (isn't that obvious?).

Yet, with all your babbling, and desperate attempt to prove me wrong, you haven't actually done so. Suggesting that things worked out fine is not proof that last year could've been different.

To sum up, I'm not happy with the way Ross and Jonas were handled last year (and the first 20 games this year). There isn't anything you can say that will change my mind.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      I said it before DeRozan is a G its time we stop trading our best guys and start building with them. As a fan you really want to see this man move on to another team and kill it?
                      And I think we all know that would happen. It's like the old saying goes: "the best way to make a player better is to trade him"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        As a fan I want to see Masai build the best team he possibly can. Some people believe that team includes DeMar DeRozan. Some people believe that it might be possible to work out a deal that brings back a better piece that improves the teams chances now and in the future. what DeRozan does or does not do after any postulated trade is immaterial if trading DeRozan accomplishes improving the team in a responsible way.

What is hard to understand here?

For the record, I respect and like DeRozan and would be happy to keep him if he stopped taking bad shots and started making 3's again. He has improved incrementally every year, and is an iron man in terms of his health and not missing games. Good character and likes Toronto. Good for him. But if Masai can improve the team by moving him, that's the way the game is played.
                        That's why some pro tankers want Lowry gone and not DD. That in and of itself shows the comparative value between the two players.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

To sum up, I'm not happy with the way Ross and Jonas were handled last year (and the first 20 games this year). There isn't anything you can say that will change my mind.
                          Perhaps, the reason you are seeing success now, is in fact the way they were used last year.

Think on that Grasshopper. There are so many possibilities.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                            Perhaps, the reason you are seeing success now, is in fact the way they were used last year.

Think on that Grasshopper. There are so many possibilities.
                            I agree it's a "possibility", but a far less likely possibility IMO. Neither Ross nor Jonas strike me as the mentally weak types who need to be coddled/craddled/protected from the rigors of the NBA.

A lottery-bound team with zero shot at the playoffs should never be playing Alan Anderson over their 8th pick. Never.
                            Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Jan 3, 2014, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Not exactly true man. Young players need to develop. In the NHL you have a guy like Getzlaf or carter who were actually sent down to the AHL when some thought thier GM was crazy, as clearly they were good enough to play. Thing was, they had issues. Jr' to Pro was a big jump, and the little things they needed in order to fully see their potential maximized were going to be missed as they were likely just going to be trying to not sink, and keep up.

The NBA is no different. A while you don't see as much value in using the D-league to develop players, I assume because the ball there is all over the map, you do see value in reducing minutes and sitting guys down when they are making mistakes. Bringing player along slowly isn't always a bad thing, and i many cases its a good thing. Casey is lucky he didnt have a GM forcing him to play these guys, leaving him with shells of what would have been well rounded and ready NBA players.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                                Not exactly true man. Young players need to develop. In the NHL you have a guy like Getzlaf or carter who were actually sent down to the AHL when some thought thier GM was crazy, as clearly they were good enough to play. Thing was, they had issues. Jr' to Pro was a big jump, and the little things they needed in order to fully see their potential maximized were going to be missed as they were likely just going to be trying to not sink, and keep up.

The NBA is no different. A while you don't see as much value in using the D-league to develop players, I assume because the ball there is all over the map, you do see value in reducing minutes and sitting guys down when they are making mistakes. Bringing player along slowly isn't always a bad thing, and i many cases its a good thing. Casey is lucky he didnt have a GM forcing him to play these guys, leaving him with shells of what would have been well rounded and ready NBA players.
                                Like I said, it's a possibility that the tough love approach is what helped both Jonas and Ross develop.

But isn't it also possible that Ross and Jonas would be farther along today if they were given a bigger opportunity in their rookie years? Should Portland have handcuffed Lillard? Detroit with Drummond?

Comment

Working...
                                X