This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoy the games

We can't control tank or anti-tank so what's the point in getting upset about it? Why not enjoy the games, and watching our guys develop and play good basketball? Ujiri will handle the roster changes, let's enjoy the on court product.

So tired of people going all emo after every win/loss.

NO! #TankOrDie
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
      NO! #TankOrDie
      I'm actually pro tank I'm just tired of people whining like preschoolers when we win. Tanking could be a good strategy but there are plenty of others available. I mean just look at the top teams in the league:

Miami: free agency acquisitions
      Indiana: mid first rounders and late lottery picks, smart trades and signings
      Portland: trading for high draft pick (fleeced the nets lol), lottery picks, trades
      San Antonio: winning lottery then supplementing with many picks, accidental tank
      Oklahoma City: multi-year tank (what most of the people crying want)
      Houston: asset accumulation, excellent trades and signings, free agency
      Golden state: not a single top 5 pick on the roster, smart picks, trades and free agent signings
      Clippers: winning lottery, using that to acquire star in fa

Many different methods and strategies available.

Comment

I love every second of a win. I was kinda hoping for a bad season to get a good pick, but after we took over Philly for first place a while back i said "fuck it", I'm just gonna enjoy the season for what it is. I have trust that the Masai Warrior will take this team to the next level eventually, even though we may miss out on a top pick this year. as long as they finish with a 3-6 spot we don't have to worry about Indy or Miami in the first round, and who's to say we can't take any other team out in round 1? That in itself could do wonders for the youngins, Val Ross and DeRozan. They can get a taste of some playoff success while being very young, and it could prove worthy to play a a Heat team or Pacer team in the second round, as they can see what it takes to play a serious contender.

I'm with ya Nosike, enjoy the damn games and let Masai do his job! We have no control of what he does anyhow.

Comment

And who's to say Miami will look anything close to what they do now, next season? Big 3 could all leave town and we could be a top eastern team for years to come... ya neva know!

Comment

Me thinks that for a few, heels are dug in way too far to concede to "enjoyment". Might a few of those respond to a simple appeal to chill a little, perhaps allowing others to enjoy a little more? Maybe?

Like at some point it's gotta get to,,,,,,,,,, don't fucking enjoy it if you insist, but let the person beside you enjoy some really fun, positive shit, man. Like, take a fucking break. Go lube the tank wheels,,,,, quietly,,,,, so it's ready when the call comes!!!! Go find some new tank ammo,,,,,,, quietly,,,,,, that's useful in a desert sand storm, in case it's needed. The old ammo has become rather tired and boring anyway.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              And who's to say Miami will look anything close to what they do now, next season? Big 3 could all leave town and we could be a top eastern team for years to come... ya neva know!
              Also injuries could be a factor come playoff time.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                I'm actually pro tank I'm just tired of people whining like preschoolers when we win. .
                I whine, I bitch, I cheer, I scream, I applaud.... I'm a fan. i will do what I want

Piss off yo!

Comment

Not to be a dick.. but why does it matter how people react to games? Why is it such a big deal if someone is upset with a win? If you as a person want to cheer for a win, well cheer loudly. If someone doesn't want to cheer for a win, well shouldn't that be their prerogative?

This is a fan forum. I expect people to have different opinions or view points or else this site would get boring very quickly. Part of why I like coming here is to see the differing view points and it also allows me to throw in my two cents one in a while.

Personally what gets tiring for me is when we see the same debate over and over and over again. But that's probably because I visit this site on a daily basis so I'm going to see a lot of repetition. Doesn't keep me away though. Always interested in fresh ideas and perspectives.

Comment

Is this really that big of a problem? I haven't been visiting as much over the Holidays but the overall vibe seems to be optimistic that the Raptors have something good going on right now. There are no doubt a couple people who are bemoaning the wins, but I'm sure it's just because they don't think the winning is sustainable or they feel that the franchise would be better served long term to grab a top five pick in this draft, which still was a valid point of view the last time I checked.

The irony in creating this thread, is that you're practically asking those people to come in and defend their position, which is sure to add fuel to the fire to the types of discussion you are supposedly trying to stop.
                    Last edited by Fully; Wed Jan 1, 2014, 03:02 PM.

Comment

All pro-tankers should admit they lost the battle and start cheering for a victories. We are 3-4th team in the East and nothing gonna change until Lowry gets traded
                      (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

I really like the idea of discussion of all things going on the court.

Comment

lets discuss last nights game then.... lets start with any amazing execution you might have seen:

Comment

I think any team that plays the bulls is going to have to play ugly. The fact that we were able to play their style and still win, shows our resiliency.
                            "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                            - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

This team, as constructed can NOT tank.

A few key moves can change everything though. Until those happen, I'm cheering for wins.
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X