Greivis Vasquez adding a lot of stability to the Raptors backcourt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greivis Vasquez adding a lot of stability to the Raptors backcourt

Interesting how Greivis has made such a difference in the backup PG spot.

http://www.thatsmyquarterback.com/2014/01/01/greivis-vasquez-adding-much-needed-stability-for-raptors/

"Games with ten or more points:

Augustin, Stone and Buycks (21 games): One.

Vazquez (nine games): Three (reached nine twice)

Games with five plus assists:

Augustin, Stone and Buycks (21 games): Zero

Vazquez (nine games): Two

Games with multiple three point field goals

Augustin, Stone and Buycks (21 games): Zero

Vazquez (nine games): Three"

Terrible site.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
      Terrible site.
      Suppose its no RR, but their point is made pretty clearly.
      We have a legit backup PG now. Before we didn't.

Comment

The main difference is that when Lowry comes off we still have a guy who can run our offense, break down the d, and get guys involved.

His defense sucks though lol :P

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
          The main difference is that when Lowry comes off we still have a guy who can run our offense, break down the d, and get guys involved.

His defense sucks though lol :P
          had a nice block on hinrich at the end of the game last night. his length can make things tricky sometimes
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Zach Lowe called Vasquez an "elite backup point guard" in his most recent front page article on Grantland. He has been very streaky in Toronto so far, but he has shown some really good things.

I wouldn't want him as a starter for sure, but he has the talent to be great off the bench.

Comment

He has been extremely streaky.

But, honestly, Vasquez is nice to come off the bench. I'd say he's one of the better backup point guards in the league.

Comment

he has taken some sketchy shots, but he has hit some big ones as well. He is a significant upgrade for our back up PG and despite his somewhat questionable defensive capability, the bench still plays pretty good D overall. Certainly not costing us games at the moment.

Comment

Im not gonna lie .. Im scared shitless when hes out there. I admit hes a pretty good back up PG - but he has a very high risk / high reward style.
                  Hes kind of bailed himself out by hitting a bunch of threes - Im not sure if that will last. I shouldnt be picky - hes for sure an upgrade over what we have had in the past ... but especially the way KL is playing right now, there is no other Raptor who Im screaming to get back in the game quicker than KL when he gets subbed out

Comment

I wouldn't have any problem with Vasquez as our backup PG over the next 2-3 years.

Comment

and Vasquez doesnt mind being a back up anyone see the guy hes just so happy all the time..

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I wouldn't have any problem with Vasquez as our backup PG over the next 2-3 years.
                        Agreed. He really cannot defend (as I witnessed in person at the Pacer's game yesterday). He makes Calderon's clap defence palpable. Him trying to guard John Wall or Russell Westbrook is cringeworthy.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                          Agreed. He really cannot defend (as I witnessed in person at the Pacer's game yesterday). He makes Calderon's clap defence palpable. Him trying to guard John Wall or Russell Westbrook is cringeworthy.
                          True, but he really should not be guarding/on the floor against the starters of opposing teams unless in a pinch...no?
                          I believe he is a valuable player...a true pg backup when most other teams bkups are really at best sg/pg tweeners.

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                            Im not gonna lie .. Im scared shitless when hes out there. I admit hes a pretty good back up PG - but he has a very high risk / high reward style.
                            Hes kind of bailed himself out by hitting a bunch of threes - Im not sure if that will last. I shouldnt be picky - hes for sure an upgrade over what we have had in the past ... but especially the way KL is playing right now, there is no other Raptor who Im screaming to get back in the game quicker than KL when he gets subbed out
                            I feel the same way. I think he hasn't settled in or found his groove yet. He's still trying things that don't always work out, and he's out of sync with his teammates at times. Optimistically, given some time he'll get to know his role better and he'll be a bit more stable.

I have noticed that Casey's taken to playing Lowry with the bench right until the end of quarters, because they were too out of sync with Vasquez. Then Vasquez goes in with at least 2 or 3 starters who help stabilize things. Sometimes Lowry doesn't come in until halfway through the next quarter.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Everyone in the Raptors seem happy currently
                              Nevermind what haters say,
                              ignore them ’til they fade away. - T.I

Comment

Working...
                              X