Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will another star make this team is legitimate contender for East ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will another star make this team is legitimate contender for East ?

This team is showing heart and poise and discipline. Will another star help this team to pass Indiana and really make the life hard for Heat ...

We have Hayes, Novak and Fields on the bench for 14 million. We have our 2014 draft pick ( middle of the first round) and NY 2015 and bunch of 2nd round picks ...

How about combinations of these contracts with those picks for Gasol to come off the bench in Toronto ?

We can make a real push for East this year and have 19 million off the books next season ... Is a middle of the 1st round pick in this season that important ?

Just imagine a 1 and 2 punch of Big Val and Gasol against the bigs gf Indiana and Heat ... They will have no answer for us ...

I like the idea but gasol is aging and not the star he once was. I rather spend the money on someone like luol deng or wait till next summer where there is numerous impact stars
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
      This team is showing heart and poise and discipline. Will another star help this team to pass Indiana and really make the life hard for Heat ...

We have Hayes, Novak and Fields on the bench for 14 million. We have our 2014 draft pick ( middle of the first round) and NY 2015 and bunch of 2nd round picks ...

How about combinations of these contracts with those picks for Gasol to come off the bench in Toronto ?

We can make a real push for East this year and have 19 million off the books next season ... Is a middle of the 1st round pick in this season that important ?

Just imagine a 1 and 2 punch of Big Val and Gasol against the bigs gf Indiana and Heat ... They will have no answer for us ...
      Pointless trade. Trading future assets for a bench rental? Who is awful defensively now?

No. No. And no. You don't trade future assets for a short-term splash. Total waste.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Pointless trade. Trading future assets for a bench rental? Who is awful defensively now?

No. No. And no. You don't trade future assets for a short-term splash. Total waste.
        What kind of future assets are those ?? Late first round , 15+ in the first round ?? Guys like Joey Graham and ... We have a chance to make it NOW ... and then with the money off the books, sign a star this off season.

Building via the draft does not make any sense for this team anymore.

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
          I like the idea but gasol is aging and not the star he once was. I rather spend the money on someone like luol deng or wait till next summer where there is numerous impact stars
          And just let go of this season ?? Gasol is very capable playing against the 2nd unit of any team in NBA and getting 20-25 minutes a game.

Gasol was just an example. I am sure there are other stars we can get.

Comment

And just let go of this season ?? Gasol is very capable playing against the 2nd unit of any team in NBA and getting 20-25 minutes a game.

Gasol was just an example. I am sure there are other stars we can get.
            What let go of this season? The team is playing well. No need to mess with chemistry unless the trade is a pretty obvious win.

Also, Fields is essentially untradable. Salmons though, would be appealing with his next year not guaranteed.

Comment

What let go of this season? The team is playing well. No need to mess with chemistry unless the trade is a pretty obvious win.

Also, Fields is essentially untradable. Salmons though, would be appealing with his next year not guaranteed.
              Right now, I can not see us having enough for 7 games against Heat or Indiana without home court. We need another guy to make it this season.

As far as field, package him with a first round pick and people will jump up and down to get him.

Comment

I agree. I'd leave picks out of it, if you can grab an upgrade with our lesser used players then so be it. But I don't leverage the future on a guy like Gasol, or any bench player for that matter. Either way, I don't think Gasol is the right fit.

Comment

What kind of future assets are those ?? Late first round , 15+ in the first round ?? Guys like Joey Graham and ... We have a chance to make it NOW ... and then with the money off the books, sign a star this off season.

Throwing away draft picks in this CBA era makes very little sense unless you're getting something for the long haul.

If a trade doesn't become available, you don't just chase rentals like Gasol. That's bad management. Just because the team is doing well, you don't get wreckless with your asset management. You say getting Gasol makes us hard for Indiana or Miami to beat. Well how do we neutralize LeBron, the best player in the world? How do we chase their shooters off the line with Gasol AND Jonas on the floor? What if George actually outplays his matchup as he probably should against us most nights?

You're really reaching here in my opinion.

Comment

Right now, I can not see us having enough for 7 games against Heat or Indiana without home court. We need another guy to make it this season.

As far as field, package him with a first round pick and people will jump up and down to get him.
                    Are you kidding me? He's a guy who's basically damaged goods with a contract that doesn't become tradable til at least this summer as next year he's expiring.

There's no logic to what you're aiming for.

Comment

So you guys want to compete but don't want to commit to wining. You want to have the now and future and win an NBA title It does not work that way.

This team will get us now a late first round pick is that worth a real shot at NBA title?

You guys need to make up your mind: Either commit to wining or go after a rebuild via draft.

History is full of BUST players that were drafted passed 12 in the first round and this is where Toronto will be doing his draft this year.

Comment

Are you kidding me? He's a guy who's basically damaged goods with a contract that doesn't become tradable til at least this summer as next year he's expiring.

There's no logic to what you're aiming for.
                        2014 first round draft pick for 6.25 million Teams will do it.

Comment

2014 first round draft pick for 6.25 million Teams will do it.
                          So a late 1st round pick is not much of an asset, but another team will pay 15 million (including Fields' next year) for one?

Yeah...lots of logic there.

Comment

So you guys want to compete but don't want to commit to wining. You want to have the now and future and win an NBA title It does not work that way.

This team will get us now a late first round pick is that worth a real shot at NBA title?

You guys need to make up your mind: Either commit to wining or go after a rebuild via draft.

History is full of BUST players that were drafted passed 12 in the first round and this is where Toronto will be doing his draft this year.
                            You commit to giving yourself the best chance to build a team that can compete multiple years. You don't throw possible building blocks away for a half-assed chance to win this year, which I think you're really REALLY overestimating. This team has had some nice wins recently. It's also been spanked twice by San Antonio, a perennial contender that plays the right way.

Comment

You commit to giving yourself the best chance to build a team that can compete multiple years. You don't throw possible building blocks away for a half-assed chance to win this year, which I think you're really REALLY overestimating. This team has had some nice wins recently. It's also been spanked twice by San Antonio, a perennial contender that plays the right way.
                              Gasol will be of your books next season for 19 million. that will allow you to sign another star and add to your core to compete for " Multiple Years".

Comment

Working...
                              X