Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will another star make this team is legitimate contender for East ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
    The only way a top free agent like Durant will come to Toronto is if we make the conference finals at least once in the next 2 years. If we want to get these stars, we have to show them that we are READY to compete and not n the rebuild stage anymore.
    But we are in the rebuild stage.
    Unless you're talking about trading JV and Ross as well?

What free agents really want to see is a competent organization.
    This trade would not be competent - how good do you expect Pau to be in 2 years?

Comment

• Anyone interested in Andre Miller? A solid veteran presence, at a reasonable price (5 mill for this year and the next), and gives us a chance to trade Fields. He doesn't seem too happy in Denver, with the lack of playing time he's getting. and Denver's looking to shop him. A Fields + Buycks/Stone for Miller + 2nd round pick sounds pretty reasonable to me. And also, with this trade, Vasquez would likely see more time at the 2 spot because of his size, or maybe even possibly traded for picks if Masai chooses to do so.

Comment

• Pele wrote: View Post
        Thanks for the correction.

I agree about sticking with younger players, sprinkled with a couple good vets.

BTW, It's not perfect, but I'm liking Patterson's game.
        Definite on the bold. I think this is where you see Ujiri's teams really built through the draft. Cheap contracts, high talent with leverage if they become a part of the core moving forward.

It would be nice to see Patterson and Vasquez either:

a) take their one year qualifying offer and become UFA for 2015-16,
        b) sign to a very cap friendly multi year contract,
        c) sign to a contract with team options beyond 2014-15, like Hansbrough, for example.

Comment

• Lebron James

Comment

• serbiantiger8 wrote: View Post
            Anyone interested in Andre Miller? A solid veteran presence, at a reasonable price (5 mill for this year and the next), and gives us a chance to trade Fields. He doesn't seem too happy in Denver, with the lack of playing time he's getting. and Denver's looking to shop him. A Fields + Buycks/Stone for Miller + 2nd round pick sounds pretty reasonable to me. And also, with this trade, Vasquez would likely see more time at the 2 spot because of his size, or maybe even possibly traded for picks if Masai chooses to do so.
            Nah. Not at this stage of his career. I like the tight rotation we have. I don't want another vet thrown in there that Casey might want to play, that will muddle both wing and PG rotations. Miller is not very good anymore. His age and girth are finally catching up to him this season.

Comment

• Shrub wrote: View Post
              how good do you expect Pau to be in 2 years?
              In 2 years !! I don't care about 2 years ... Pau is this year and will help us destroy Indiana and push around Heat by coming off the bench here and then his 19 million dollar contracts comes off the books at the end of this season.

Comment

In 2 years !! I don't care about 2 years ... Pau is this year and will help us destroy Indiana and push around Heat by coming off the bench here and then his 19 million dollar contracts comes off the books at the end of this season.
                And what do you believe LA would want for Pau today?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Definite on the bold. I think this is where you see Ujiri's teams really built through the draft. Cheap contracts, high talent with leverage if they become a part of the core moving forward.

It would be nice to see Patterson and Vasquez either:

a) take their one year qualifying offer and become UFA for 2015-16,
                  b) sign to a very cap friendly multi year contract,
                  c) sign to a contract with team options beyond 2014-15, like Hansbrough, for example.
                  I agree.
                  I really like what both guys bring.

I can't imagine a better back-up point guard scenario.
                  Especially nice considering the stream of "controversies" this team has had.
                  He loves being here, he embraces the role, and he can do some damage at times.

In respect to Patterson, I really like his potential.
                  He's a fucking 3 and D big - how beautiful is that?

Comment

• Pele wrote: View Post
                    Thanks for the correction.

I agree about sticking with younger players, sprinkled with a couple good vets.

BTW, It's not perfect, but I'm liking Patterson's game.
                    These guys will not win you a NBA championship. You need stars to compete in this league.

Comment

• Shrub wrote: View Post
                      I agree.
                      I really like what both guys bring.

I can't imagine a better back-up point guard scenario.
                      Especially nice considering the stream of "controversies" this team has had.
                      He loves being here, he embraces the role, and he can do some damage at times.

In respect to Patterson, I really like his potential.
                      He's a fucking 3 and D big - how beautiful is that?
                      Vary rare to find a 3 and D big ahah most bigs that can shoot it are usually soft and have no defense but 2 pat is an exception
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                        Vary rare to find a 3 and D big ahah most bigs that can shoot it are usually soft and have no defense but 2 pat is an exception
                        2Pat plays decent positional defense but he's pretty soft.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                          2Pat plays decent positional defense but he's pretty soft.
                          But better D then other stretch bigs such as Ryan Anderson, Bargnani etc
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

These guys will not win you a NBA championship. You need stars to compete in this league.
                            Agreed, but Patterson on the end of the bench looks a hell of a lot better than Julyan Stone.

Comment

Yes, I think where most people disagree is how good Pau Gasol is. You seem to think he would turn us into a championship contender. I just don't see that. I want to see patience, and smart use of our assets.
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

So who do you stock your team with until you can magically produce those stars? Younger players who are developing and improving their game, sprinkled with a couple of good vets.

Comment

Working...
                                X