Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At this point, what would trading Derozan do to the Locker room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this point, what would trading Derozan do to the Locker room?

The Raps are playing great. By default, I believe that we are the 3rd best team in the conference. That being said, I am still a fan of trading Derozan, but what would that do to the chemistry of the team?

If you're a fan or not, DD plays 35+ minutes a game, and has a role on the team which his teammates seem to accept. What happens if you trade him and someone else has to step up and fill his shoes on offense? Would it be the guy he's traded for?

I want to have my cake and eat it too. I see no reason why we can't get better personnel and still be a high seed in the playoffs this year.

Thoughts?

Team mates always hate to see a good guy go, but are always happy if the guy coming back isn't a dick and helps them win.

DeMar is tradeable, on this team, the way it is constructed right now. But I think you need to fill the SG position. I don't think you can move Ross into that role.

Comment

If Lowry is staying the year, leave the team as it is.

Wait until the off season to ponder such changes.

If the Raptors keep this up, DD too, probably going to have more and better opportunities at that time.

Comment

He is a big part of the team.

Comment

it will destroy this team. Why would u tare DD anyway ? Top 5 SG in this league right now ...

Comment

My suggestion, don't waste your time discussing trades, when everything's fine. It looks quite stupid. What's the point? Dude's one of the most playing players in the league, haven't had any injuries throughout his career and is dedicated to Raptors. How many spoiled superstars you see out there, who can be trusted? He's playing well, team's playing well, this thread is meaningless.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Yeah I don't see any way you can trade DD this year if the plan is to roll the dice and see how far this group can take you this season.

I think chemistry is a huge part of their success right now.

Comment

Matt hit on it - Lowry's the linchpin. If Ujiri decides they're going to shoot for the 3rd seed and the second round, then you keep the whole team together. If you trade Lowry for future prospects, then you could trade DD too b/c you probably aren't making much noise in the playoffs anyway. Short term pain, but a pretty hard sell to the fan base to break up this team. The players understand the business side of it and the long-term thinking the front office has to do.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

This thread raises some good questions. In my view, the next level for this current roster requires an elite wing and since T. Ross is better at spacing the floor I think it's DD's spot where if possible you would insert an elite player. But it brings up the question of would this team still be as successful with an elite player? Someone taking up the number of shots an elite player does? The offense is currently predicated on distribution of shots and that makes for a happy locker room. How does the dynamic change when you insert a prime Kobe or D. Wade into the line up?

Comment

I don't understand the love for DD if we are talking shooting for the best result for this year. If you can trade DeMar for a better player at his position, by giving up some combination of future draft picks, trade exception, expiring contracts, whatever, then you do it. DeMar is the weak link in the starting five. I don't believe he is the heart and soul of the team.

PS. I would love to see the Raps keep DeMar, but he isn't going to make them better enough to go very far, I don't think. His regression since the Gay trade has made me rethink his value.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      This thread raises some good questions. In my view, the next level for this current roster requires an elite wing and since T. Ross is better at spacing the floor I think it's DD's spot where if possible you would insert an elite player. But it brings up the question of would this team still be as successful with an elite player? Someone taking up the number of shots an elite player does? The offense is currently predicated on distribution of shots and that makes for a happy locker room. How does the dynamic change when you insert a prime Kobe or D. Wade into the line up?
                      Yeah damn iPad. No like for this sorry.

I have points but they have to wait as life valls

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                        His regression since the Gay trade has made me rethink his value.
                        Excuse me, but are you saying he is worse after the departure of rudy gay?

on what grounds. please dont say stats.

he' splaying meaningful basketball. he's playing better, and his team is clearly better.

they are now winning and not losing.

How is this something you could attach the word regression to?

Comment

My thoughts exactly, concerning the chemistry part. We have had most recent example up here.
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

well, put Wade in they are way better, put kobe in....i dunno, kobe doesnt pass

Comment

But who, what elite SG is out there to be added to this team? Afflalo isn't much of an upgrade, ans isn't elite anyways, and who knows if he would even want to be here? Plus it would probably take Ross to get him. You don't trade Demar now. IMO, you don't shake things up right now, roll with it and make changes in the offseason.

Comment

Working...
                              X