Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN.com 5-on-5: East team changed trajectory for better? (4-1 Raptors)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN.com 5-on-5: East team changed trajectory for better? (4-1 Raptors)

4-1 for the Raptors with lone dissent being a vote for Charlotte.

Interesting enough Chad Ford and Curtis Harris still pushing possibility of a blow up. I'm coming around to this not happening but it is all about Lowry at this point.

1. The East team that has most changed its trajectory for the better?

Chad Ford, ESPN: Not sure there is one. I'm tempted to say the Raptors. Unintentional as it may be, Toronto's decision to dump Andrea Bargnani and Rudy Gay for spare parts has actually helped them. The problem for the Raptors is that GM Masai Ujiri actually wants the team to compete for the No. 1 pick, not a top-four seed in the playoffs.

Andrew Han, Clipper Blog: Toronto Raptors. The Raptors have to look no further than Dec. 8 to mark their dramatic shift in trajectory. It's more complicated than simply extracting Rudy Gay from Canada, but Toronto's more fluid offense and improved defense have been apparent (101.0/102.1 to 104.3/97.7 in offensive/defensive efficiency pre- and post-trade), punctuated with a win Wednesday night over conference-leading Indiana.

Curtis Harris, Hardwood Paroxysm: Toronto Raptors. Masai Ujiri may yet blow up the 15-15 squad, but getting out from Rudy Gay's contract and shadow has done the team wonders. Young players like Jonas Valanciunas and Terrence Ross have especially benefited since the Gay trade.

Andrew Lynch, Daily Dime Live: The Charlotte Bobcats. They are still in the midst of a fairly substantial rebuild, but they're winning games on the strength of one of the best defenses in the league. True, they get to take advantage of the weak offenses in the Eastern Conference, but coach Steve Clifford has the Bobcats pointed in the right direction.

Ethan Sherwood Strauss, TrueHoop: Toronto now has a 12.8 percent chance at the Finals in Hollinger's Playoff Rater. It's incredible what losing Rudy Gay and Andrea Bargnani can do for a team. While the Raptors still lack a superstar talent, they defend well as a group. Masai Ujiri has demonstrated they're in great hands going forward.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...ew-course-2014

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    4-1 for the Raptors with lone dissent being a vote for Charlotte.

Interesting enough Chad Ford and Curtis Harris still pushing possibility of a blow up. I'm coming around to this not happening but it is all about Lowry at this point.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...ew-course-2014
    I'm not even surprised they're pushing the idea to blow up. It's really fun that we're winning, but if Masai doesn't have the answer for the future, then it's time to create new 5 year plan.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      I'm not even surprised they're pushing the idea to blow up. It's really fun that we're winning, but if Masai doesn't have the answer for the future, then it's time to create new 5 year plan.
      I think it's being stubborn to lock into a set plan and not adapt given new information (not saying you're doing this, I'm actually not sure why i quoted you...)

Tanking is still definitely a possibility, the season isn't even half over. If a blockbuster trade appears on MU's doorstep for Lowry, I'd imagine he'll still accept.

I think a good GM should always keep an open mind and try to get the best of every trade.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
        I think it's being stubborn to lock into a set plan and not adapt given new information (not saying you're doing this, I'm actually not sure why i quoted you...)

Tanking is still definitely a possibility, the season isn't even half over. If a blockbuster trade appears on MU's doorstep for Lowry, I'd imagine he'll still accept.

I think a good GM should always keep an open mind and try to get the best of every trade.
        Of course, every game researches trades and other stuff. It's their job.

All I wanted to say is if Masai chooses to build around these players, then I hope he has the answer for the future, because we are still - very fragile.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
          Of course, every game researches trades and other stuff. It's their job.

All I wanted to say is if Masai chooses to build around these players, then I hope he has the answer for the future, because we are still - very fragile.
          We have a starting 5, whose average age is exactly 24 (oldest being 27), that is competing very well against the best teams in the league. Nope, no answers for the future.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
            We have a starting 5, whose average age is exactly 24 (oldest being 27), that is competing very well against the best teams in the league. Nope, no answers for the future.
            No answers from our side, but you never know what comes next from Masai's side. He's mastermind

Comment

The odds of a "blockbuster" trade happening for KL are somewhat remote I believe....and it would have to be that or there'll be a riot at RR! Which means a playoff destined team's starting pg has gone down and also have assets to deal. I see that the Cavs Irving just got a scare with what they are calling a knee tweak (he heard a pop). I do believe the tank as envisioned is in a sputter. As has been mentioned about the Raptors Dolan of the Knicks cant even win for making the right call. Lowry would have given that team a jolt.

Comment

This is what I've been saying for ages, and clowns like Matt constantly argued with me over it

Comment

Hey, people like Bill Simmons always talk about there being small windows of opportunities to win titles, and if we have a 13% of making the Finals according to Hollinger odds then surely we have a 6.5% chance of winning it all

Comment

12.8 percent chance at finals. Lol.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                      This is what I've been saying for ages, and clowns like Matt constantly argued with me over it
                      I did not know Matt was a clown. Are you sure?

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        12.8 percent chance at finals. Lol.
                        strange season.

Comment

I agree with you but, no need for name calling Nosike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

MU had a plan to blow this team up and it was shoot down by NY Now, he does not know what he wants to do. However, the players have a different thing in their mind. They want to WIN and they want to WIN NOW. so this is what you are seeing. A very good team with Idle GM that the players are doing their best to WIN ...

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                              MU had a plan to blow this team up and it was shoot down by NY Now, he does not know what he wants to do. However, the players have a different thing in their mind. They want to WIN and they want to WIN NOW. so this is what you are seeing. A very good team with Idle GM that the players are doing their best to WIN ...
                              MU had a plan to blow this team up? Who told you that?

Comment

Working...
                              X