Raptors Vs. Wizards: Friday January 3rd/7PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Vs. Wizards: Friday January 3rd/7PM

Let's keep the streak going boys. This is a key game, Wizards are right under us in the standings, and fighting for that 3rd spot.
    Last edited by KazanTheMan; Thu Jan 2, 2014, 05:15 PM.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

I feel this is a trap game. Lately the raptors have been playing great against great teams home or away, i feel that when they see the Wiz on the schedule they might take them lightly based on the raptors latest success
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

The last thing the Raptors need to do is walk into the Verizon Center with overconfidence. Can't take the Wizards lightly.

Pre-game mental preperation is probably a bigger factor than any on-court individual matchup.

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
        I feel this is a trap game. Lately the raptors have been playing great against great teams home or away, i feel that when they see the Wiz on the schedule they might take them lightly based on the raptors latest success
        Same here... :/
        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Also looking ahead to the next game Sunday (Heat)

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            Also looking ahead to the next game Sunday (Heat)
            Best believe the Heat will be more mentally prepared then the Pacers were last night, they have seen what the raptors have done to other good teams in the league, by saying that i expect Miami to come out a lot more focused the Indiana

Comment

I'm looking forward to next wednesday's game. Can't wait to see JV vs Drummond.
              - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Comment

wow guys, game day thread one day earlier. Something new

Comment

This game should not be taken lightly by the Raptors. Could be a first round opponent here.. Many have considered the Raptors a shoe-in for the 2nd round, but I'm sure the Wizards are thinking the same thing looking at the current standings.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                    wow guys, game day thread one day earlier. Something new
                    - Tim Leiweke

Comment

They've won some "trap" games in the good stretch. Not every team was good. @ NY, even as bad as they are, right after Xmas, was a trap game. They pulled that one out despite the sluggish start they had, which could've been indicative of falling into the trap, but they pulled it out. And you could look at the one at home against NY as a trap game given they got the win against them the night before. Would be easy to get complacent. @Chicago without Rose on New Year's Eve was one, and it looked like they might let it slip away, but they won ugly.

It's like in another gamethread for the Chicago game, some people were worried about Deng coming back. Just like it shouldn't matter who's healthy or not, it shouldn't matter who you're playing in general. Yes you gameplan and prepare for your opponent, but if a team has turned the corner mentally, they should have a consistent approach, and even when they're struggling, find a way to focus and pull out games.

*Worth noting Charlotte could've been viewed as a trap game, and they lost that one in double-OT. Hopefully the lesson was learned there.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        They've won some "trap" games in the good stretch. Not every team was good. @ NY, even as bad as they are, right after Xmas, was a trap game. They pulled that one out despite the sluggish start they had, which could've been indicative of falling into the trap, but they pulled it out. And you could look at the one at home against NY as a trap game given they got the win against them the night before. Would be easy to get complacent. @Chicago without Rose on New Year's Eve was one, and it looked like they might let it slip away, but they won ugly.

It's like in another gamethread for the Chicago game, some people were worried about Deng coming back. Just like it shouldn't matter who's healthy or not, it shouldn't matter who you're playing in general. Yes you gameplan and prepare for your opponent, but if a team has turned the corner mentally, they should have a consistent approach, and even when they're struggling, find a way to focus and pull out games.

*Worth noting Charlotte could've been viewed as a trap game, and they lost that one in double-OT. Hopefully the lesson was learned there.
                        Im pretty sure indiana turned the corner mentally but they still got caught in a trap game against the raps last night, im just saying the raps have a history of playing to the level of there opponents

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          The last thing the Raptors need to do is walk into the Verizon Center with overconfidence. Can't take the Wizards lightly.

Pre-game mental preperation is probably a bigger factor than any on-court individual matchup.
                          Going to be interesting how they respond to the love and hype.

Do they rest on their laurels or do they keep striving to get better?

This is the ultimate test as it is a ho-hum game sandwiched between the top 2 teams in teh east: INdiana and Miami.

Comment

Im pretty sure indiana turned the corner mentally but they still got caught in a trap game against the raps last night, im just saying the raps have a history of playing to the level of there opponents
                            I don't know. Indiana didn't come out passive. As even their players said, we beat them. We earned the victory against them. Falling into the trap is when you lose the game (beat yourself with your approach/focus), not when the other team beats you. If Washington comes out and jumps on us, we play mostly well, and they win, that's not falling into the trap, it's getting beat. If they come out and jump on us, and we just lay there and take it, that's falling into the trap.

Comment

Best believe the Heat will be more mentally prepared then the Pacers were last night, they have seen what the raptors have done to other good teams in the league, by saying that i expect Miami to come out a lot more focused the Indiana
                              I dunno actually. Everything from Vogel's words leading up to the game to the post game quotes from all the players. I really don't think they overlooked us last night. Not to mention you don't get the kind of record they have if you fall for 'trap' games.

And anyways, isn't basically every game a 'trap' game for the best team in the league?

Comment

Working...
                              X