No announcement yet.

Raptors Vs. Wizards: Friday January 3rd/7PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not used to this level of success from the Raps. It's almost awkward. I didn't even bother watching most of the fourth cause the game was over. Didn't even fear the comeback.

I'm scared.

Comment

• Happy birthday.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        I am not used to this level of success from the Raps. It's almost awkward. I didn't even bother watching most of the fourth cause the game was over. Didn't even fear the comeback.

I'm scared.
        I didn't watch most of the 4ths last year for the same reason, only reverse the teams. It is a little scawy.

Comment

• Another great game. Credit to Nick Nurse for the offense humming along and to Casey for getting this guys locked in on defense. This is some of the most fun ball I've seen in years.... especially on the road. Can't remember the last time we got the opposing crowd to boo their own guys.

Val is an absolute beast. The guy is so scrappy and tough I want him and Amir as our starting frontcourt forever.

And Ross guarding and blocking Wall to close out the half, what an absolute revelation. I was pretty disappointed in the pick but he's certainly elevated his game this year. Props.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
            It was the same with Burke and the Leafs last year, announcers kept trying to give credit to Burke for getting some of the pieces that were really helping but the fact was the team only played up to their potential once Nonis made the tiny changes and changed the philosophy of the team.

Same thing is happening with the Raps.
            Not even remotely true. Burke turned the Maple Leaf franchise around, in fact the job he did was pretty amazing. Ask Nonis.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              BC assembled almost all the parts of this team. He just couldn't let go of Bargnani and panic-bought on Gay. He still deserves credit for JV, Ross, Amir, Derozan, Lowry.

I think you're a little blinded by your dislike of him.
              Looks like the starting 5...hmmmm

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                I am not used to this level of success from the Raps. It's almost awkward. I didn't even bother watching most of the fourth cause the game was over. Didn't even fear the comeback.

I'm scared.
                I... what... win-ning? Winning?
                OG is our king

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Val is an absolute beast. The guy is so scrappy and tough I want him and Amir as our starting frontcourt forever.
                  Just think, a couple years ago there were a ton of guys (not me, fuck no) who were claiming Ed Davis was much better than Amir Johnson, and should be the Toronto starting 4. No shit.

Comment

• BCs plan was not all daft.

He probably expected to get Barnes ("We won too many games this season")
                    and he would not have traded for Gay..

Lowry - Calderon (better than Vasquez)
                    Derozan - Fields
                    Barnes (better than Ross?)
                    Amir - Ed
                    Val

If he only got rid of Bargnani earlier, and picked up Barnes, his plan wouldve actually worked.. it shows how even a good plan needs to adapt to subtle differences in the details (1 loss away from drafting Barnes)
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      BCs plan was not all daft.

He probably expected to get Barnes ("We won too many games this season")
                      and he would not have traded for Gay..

Lowry - Calderon (better than Vasquez)
                      Derozan - Fields
                      Barnes (better than Ross?)
                      Amir - Ed
                      Val

If he only got rid of Bargnani earlier, and picked up Barnes, his plan wouldve actually worked.. it shows how even a good plan needs to adapt to subtle differences in the details (1 loss away from drafting Barnes)
                      We don't know this for sure, but I suspect that even if Barnes was drafted, that Bryan would have traded for Gay anyway.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        We don't know this for sure, but I suspect that even if Barnes was drafted, that Bryan would have traded for Gay anyway.
                        Probably wouldn't have needed to.

Comment

• Gay was supposed to be a good player

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                            Just think, a couple years ago there were a ton of guys (not me, fuck no) who were claiming Ed Davis was much better than Amir Johnson, and should be the Toronto starting 4. No shit.
                            To be fair when Ed Davis did start he played really well and was only a sophmore. It still makes me sad be barely plays in Memphis.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                              X