Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raps 12.8% chance of reaching NBA Finals! WOW! WOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    Westbrook is injured and nets beat Thunder tonight.
    It's around the 30 game mark.

Comment

The finals prediction is obviously off base, but I can relate to the idea of 48 wins and a 3rd place finish, thanks to strength of schedule for the remainder of the season..
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        The finals prediction is obviously off base, but I can relate to the idea of 48 wins and a 3rd place finish, thanks to strength of schedule for the remainder of the season..
        I know it's off base but it was finally nice to even see us have a percentage. especially 12.8% not saying that it will happen, just saying it's nice to be noticed even if it's for a 15 minutes of FAME!

Just saying!

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
          I know it's off base but it was finally nice to even see us have a percentage. especially 12.8% not saying that it will happen, just saying it's nice to be noticed even if it's for a 15 minutes of FAME!

Just saying!
          And at least you can say "out of all the teams in the east, we are third most likely to make the finals" with a straight face!
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Damn !!!! #bringit

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              lol, ok. i'll give .0001% of us getting to the finals contingent on godly intervention.
              I think the raps can go to the finals , If they finish 3rd they can for sure beat any of the teams under them in a best of 7.They have shown already that they can beat the pacers so its not that far off the realms of possibility to suggest they cant do it 3 more times in a series. If you honestly ask yourself are the raptors the 3rd best team in the east? On current form with out a doubt.
              ya dun noe

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                I think the raps can go to the finals , If they finish 3rd they can for sure beat any of the teams under them in a best of 7.They have shown already that they can beat the pacers so its not that far off the realms of possibility to suggest they cant do it 3 more times in a series. If you honestly ask yourself are the raptors the 3rd best team in the east? On current form with out a doubt.

http://www.landofbasketball.com/head...s_all_time.htm

if you go by the very last game we played against indy, yeah we should be able to sweep them in a seven game series. here is the overall history against the pacers, who have spent time very bad and we have spent time very good as well.

i also think there is a small chance we could beat indy in a 7 game series, it's doubtful but doable i think. but no way we beat miami if lebron is playing. it literally doesn't matter who on our team is playing well because lebron will render that person useless. we need the whole team to play it's best game ever 4 out of 7 times. not going to happen.

Comment

Just to update this, Hollinger now has them at 17.6% to reach the finals, only slightly behind Miami's 21.7%. And 5.3% to win it all. Also projects the final record to be 50-32. It's entirely possible (I think even likely) that we'd pass Miami in Hollinger's power rankings with a win over them.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                    Just to update this, Hollinger now has them at 17.6% to reach the finals, only slightly behind Miami's 21.7%. And 5.3% to win it all. Also projects the final record to be 50-32. It's entirely possible (I think even likely) that we'd pass Miami in Hollinger's power rankings with a win over them.
                    If they do then we all need to take a solemn pledge to enjoy it while it lasts, and not cry when the Heat move in front of the Raps again.

Comment

And it's definitely doable. I wouldn't expect Wade to play in a b2back.

Comment

Not that I believe we have a chance, but what the hell:

Going to the finals would require going through both the Heat and the Pacers. (#1 and #2 seeds can't face each other until the conference final, and I don't see the Hawks or anyone else beating either of them).

It'd be a hell of a story.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                          Not that I believe we have a chance, but what the hell:

Going to the finals would require going through both the Heat and the Pacers. (#1 and #2 seeds can't face each other until the conference final, and I don't see the Hawks or anyone else beating either of them).

It'd be a hell of a story.
                          Actually both the Heat and the Pacers have a chance of losing in either their 1st or 2nd rounds.
                          I could see a game 7 upset where the Hawks beat the Heat, and the Raps go ahead to beat the Pacers, leaving the Hawks and Raptors in the ECF.

Raptors would have a legit chance at the Finals, as long as someone beats the Heat in one of the first two rounds. The rest is up to beating the Pacers.

The Raptors put themselves in the most favorable position if they can grab the 3rd seed.
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Quote from a Sun article:
                            http://m.torontosun.com/2014/01/04/r...rom-sacramento

"After Toronto beat No. 1 Indiana last week, a couple of Pacers were heard in the locker room muttering about Toronto’s improvement. The gist was they weren’t too eager to see these Raptors early on in the playoffs.

That’s understandable, since the Raptors have become a nuisance. The team swarms on defence, takes opportune charges and moves the ball well enough to knock opposing defences off of their game."

This really made my day.

Comment

Working...
                            X