Raptors interested in Afflalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors interested in Afflalo

Looks like nobody's posted this yet so i will.

Spotted this on the Raptors FB page.

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com...-terrence-ross

Should the Raptors give up TRoss for Afflalo?

I vote no.

this has been posted several times in various threads.

and no.

Comment

Absolutely not why would give up at young prospect who is showing he can play at a high level for a player who's had a great year but is 28 years old
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

The way I read it was it not him just suggesting the Raps may try such a deal, not any actual evidence that Masai said he was interested in moving Ross

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
          Absolutely not why would give up at young prospect who is showing he can play at a high level for a player who's had a great year but is 28 years old
          People on FB are arguing that if the Raptors want to go on "win-now" mode then Afflalo is a heck better than TRoss, but i dont buy it. TRoss' potential is waaaayyy valued than when Demar came to the Raptors. I'm sticking with Ross.

Comment

I think no if you are looking at straight Afflalo for Ross.

But, but, but....

What if you are getting back future picks plus immediate and 2014-15 financial flexibility?

Hedo (who is waived immediately), Nicholson, O'Quinn, and 2017 Lakers 1st
            for
            Ross, Fields, Novak

then

Afflalo
            for
            Hayes

Magic get spare parts and professional vets to round out roster next year as they welcome 2 more (likely lottery) draft picks and a whole bunch of expirings for 2014-15 along with a solid building block in Ross.

Raptors get immediate boast, long term asset in 2017 pick, and $8M more wiped off books for 2014-15.

This, in my opinion, is no longer an easy no - but it is likely a quick no from Orlando.

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
              Just pointing out Lowry is going to be 28 in 3 months.

Comment

There are a few things that I don't like about the idea of Ross for Afflalo:

1) DD and Afflalo situation will not work, need to then trade DD. I want to anyways, but we will need to trade him for another wing player...I smell a circular problem here

2) Afflalo would be best paired on the wing with a 3-d player, which we just traded away for him (Ross)

3) With the direction of playstles within the league, 3 and D players are going to be massively valuable, I would like to hope that Ross becomes one of those massively valuable guys. Do we want to give that up for a duplication of talent even though it is an improvement

4) Does Afflalo still play as good in 4 years and is a major part of us contending? At 32 by then, he will probably not produce at the same level. I would only mortgage a young piece like Ross if we can get 7+ years out of the targeted piece (essentially the length that we ca retain Ross for)

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Just pointing out Lowry is going to be 28 in 3 months.
                  And Lowry is going to get hit hard with age due to his lack of size

Comment

I've long been a big Affalo fan, but I wouldn't trade Ross for him and I can't see MU trading Ross for him either. It's too much of a "win now" move which des
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I've long been a big Affalo fan, but I wouldn't trade Ross for him and I can't see MU trading Ross for him either. It's too much of a "win now" move which despite our recent success, isn't wise.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Akkerman wrote: View Post
                        The way I read it was it not him just suggesting the Raps may try such a deal, not any actual evidence that Masai said he was interested in moving Ross
                        Yep. Zach Lowe said that it might be smart for Ujiri to add a good veteran. He gave Afflalo as an example of such a good veteran. Then a local Orlando blogger decided to quote Lowe's article and call it "a rumor."

It's not a rumor, nothing suggests that the Raptors are actually interested in Afflalo.

Comment

No way.

Comment

Based from what MU said earlier in the season about wanting to get younger and collecting assets. This trade just doesn't make sense.

Afflalo's a good player. But the way Ross has played this year specially since the Gay trade. There's no way you trade him for Afflalo. I mean, i'm pretty sure MU watched last night's game. Ross basically shutdown an MVP candidate in Paul George. One of the most impressive game by a Raptor this year.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think the team is overachieving, but in a good way. We've got this young team that you start to worry might get used to losing, so the last few weeks have been great. We all talked about tanking when tanking made sense, but the end goal was always to create a "sustained competitiveness". Financial flexibility allows for that, as well as developing young players and acquiring draft picks.

There is absolutely ZERO reason for urgency at this point. We're at a wait-and-see state. There was talk from MU about avoiding "no man's land". If we make it into the playoffs, and lose in the first round.. I don't necessarily see that as No Man's Land. To me if the Lakers, Knicks or Nets did the one-and-done in the first round, THAT would be no man's land, because there's no way to improve the team. Those teams have traded away their picks, have few young developing players, and no cap space at all. The Raptors have some flexibility (can improve), young players, and draft picks.

We are exactly where we are supposed to be, except our record is way better than I think anyone expected.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

Working...
                              X