Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai speaks! (And nothing is clear yet!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Why wouldn't they? Move DeRozan to the 3 and start Afflalo at the 2.
    I dont think derozan would play the 3 because even now hes still the 2 and they make Ross whos 6'7 195lbs play the 3 while DD is 6'6 220lbs
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
      I dont think derozan would play the 3 because even now hes still the 2 and they make Ross whos 6'7 195lbs play the 3 while DD is 6'6 220lbs
      DeRozan is listed at 6'7" LINK, and I don't perceive a problem playing the 3 if he has to. It's not optimal, and you would prefer that he wouldn't play the SF position, but he can play it. If anything, DeRozan's physical makeup would suggest that he would be more apt to play the 3.
      Last edited by MangoKid; Fri Jan 3, 2014, 06:08 PM.

Comment

If demar and Afflalo paired up, Afflalo would most likely guard the opponents' better wing player regardless of position, so it doesn't really matter anyway

Comment

DeRozan is listed at 6'7" LINK, and I don't perceive a problem playing the 3 if he has to
          I dont have a problem either but is seems weird how they still start DD at 2 and Ross at 3 when DD has about 25lbs on Ross

Comment

DeRozan is listed at 6'7" LINK, and I don't perceive a problem playing the 3 if he has to. It's not optimal, and you would prefer that he wouldn't play the SF position, but he can play it. If anything, DeRozan's physical makeup would suggest that he would be more apt to play the 3.
            That website lists Terrence Ross at 6'6 when hes was measured 6'6 without shoes at the combine lool so hes gotta be atleast 6'7

Comment

Masai reminds me of Arsene Wenger when he talks . He never gives anything away to the media
              ya dun noe

Comment

People on here talking garbage about Afflalo have no idea about his game and what kind of player he is. He's a really good, clutch shooter, has very good basketball IQ, a decent defender and seems to get better each year. I would love to have a guy like that on my team, but it all depends on price. It would be tough to give up on Ross right now, and I probably wouldn't.
                Actually i do and I've seen him play many times. That point you bring up about him improving every year is what DeMar has been doing since he got into the league and he's 4 years younger. I see no point in trading for Arron Afflalo at all. Also what do you mean by clutch shooter?

Comment

sense i get is the warlord MU is like "haha yeah winning is fun isn't it" then his eyes get real narrow and he's like "until they stop winning" and then starts laughing like a super villian
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

u don't trade ross at all. kids fantastic. and doesn't get enough credit for his first step. its explosive. let him develop. we wont regret it

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                      OK, so if there's no more tank, then they should try to bring in veteran players to improve the team now. No reason to worry more about 5 years down the road.
                      I think that was Brooklyn's plan for this season.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Yup.. it should not be an easy No. Afflalo is a really good player. And him being 28 is actually still young. Lowry is 28 after all and many want him back.

I still don't think that specific trade should be done (Ross + piece for Afflalo). I think that would create a Gay/DD situation since Aaron has a lot of similar qualities to DeMar.. I also like what Ross brings to the team. But it should not be an easy no.
                        Fields and Novak for Affalo and Harkless....straight up.

In Masai we trust.

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                          That website lists Terrence Ross at 6'6 when hes was measured 6'6 without shoes at the combine lool so hes gotta be atleast 6'7
                          The NBA, ESPN, TSN websites lists Ross at 6'6" and DeRozan at 6'7", so what really is your point? I must have missed it. Maybe you should contact the respective webmasters and insist they make changes!

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            Actually i do and I've seen him play many times. That point you bring up about him improving every year is what DeMar has been doing since he got into the league and he's 4 years younger. I see no point in trading for Arron Afflalo at all. Also what do you mean by clutch shooter?
                            If you've seen him play many times, then you'd know that Afflalo is a better shooter, rebounder and overall player than DeRozan.

What do I mean by a better clutch shooter? That he can make shots when the game is on the line, that's what I mean.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
                              Fields and Novak for Affalo and Harkless....straight up.

In Masai we trust.
                              Why in gods name would Orlando do this
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Evia99 I think has the right idea. Ross has all the tools to be something really good for the future of this team. He has a role that can perfectly complement other players, and that role will be needed if we ever want to compete. If we just sit on him then we win.

BUT, if someone comes along and offers us a ridiculous deal, then we look long and hard at the situation.

Afflalo does not fall into the 'ridiculous' deal part IMO. No one on here is suggesting that Ross for Afflalo is a good idea, however the argument has mostly been about who is better between DD and Afflalo. In which case Afflalo hands down is better than DD. There is no aspect of DDs game that he does better than Afflalo whether you like it or not, NoPropsNeeded.

As for the thread about the interview. I think Ujiri expected a bit of a honeymoon period, but I don't think he expected us to play this well. Overall he seems cautiously optimistic. He wants them to continue winning, but if they start to back peddle he is ready to pull the trigger and rightfully so. He understands that if one thing doesn't work then it is best to move in a different direction. Such a breath of fresh air from BC

Comment

Working...
                                X