Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai speaks! (And nothing is clear yet!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    If you've seen him play many times, then you'd know that Afflalo is a better shooter, rebounder and overall player than DeRozan.

What do I mean by a better clutch shooter? That he can make shots when the game is on the line, that's what I mean.
    Better shooter i can agree with. Better rebounder? um they average the same amount of rebounds so i don't know where you get that from.

Like DeMar against the Pacers? I'd take DeMar at the end of the game over Afflalo anyday. He gets to the FT line at a higher clip and he can make tough shots with his length and athleticism

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      Evia99 I think has the right idea. Ross has all the tools to be something really good for the future of this team. He has a role that can perfectly complement other players, and that role will be needed if we ever want to compete. If we just sit on him then we win.

BUT, if someone comes along and offers us a ridiculous deal, then we look long and hard at the situation.

Afflalo does not fall into the 'ridiculous' deal part IMO. No one on here is suggesting that Ross for Afflalo is a good idea, however the argument has mostly been about who is better between DD and Afflalo. In which case Afflalo hands down is better than DD. There is no aspect of DDs game that he does better than Afflalo whether you like it or not, NoPropsNeeded.

As for the thread about the interview. I think Ujiri expected a bit of a honeymoon period, but I don't think he expected us to play this well. Overall he seems cautiously optimistic. He wants them to continue winning, but if they start to back peddle he is ready to pull the trigger and rightfully so. He understands that if one thing doesn't work then it is best to move in a different direction. Such a breath of fresh air from BC
      Yea i still disagree so thanks. This is coming from the guy who think Gordan Hayward is more athletic than DeMar haha, gimme a break.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Better shooter i can agree with. Better rebounder? um they average the same amount of rebounds so i don't know where you get that from.

Like DeMar against the Pacers? I'd take DeMar at the end of the game over Afflalo anyday. He gets to the FT line at a higher clip and he can make tough shots with his length and athleticism
        Yeah, You've never seen Afflalo play. It's cool. All you had to do was admit you haven't.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
          Fields and Novak for Affalo and Harkless....straight up.

In Masai we trust.
          LoL

There is some extramarital blackmail pictures going on if that goes down.

Masai has the NSA on the payroll

Comment

Yeah, You've never seen Afflalo play. It's cool. All you had to do was admit you haven't.
            What makes you think i haven't? want to take a look inside my brain?
            You do realize i can say the same thing about you and DeRozan right?

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              Why in gods name would Orlando do this
              Extortion

Comment

If you've seen him play many times, then you'd know that Afflalo is a better shooter, rebounder and overall player than DeRozan.

What do I mean by a better clutch shooter? That he can make shots when the game is on the line, that's what I mean.
                Somebody link the video of the clutch fadeaway shot Demar made in Afflalos eye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                  Somebody link the video of the clutch fadeaway shot Demar made in Afflalos eye

Yea Afflalo ain't got nothin on DeRozan

Comment

Yea Afflalo ain't got nothin on DeRozan
                    Yes! Props for the link. Oh wait...

A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

This thread has gotten silly. You guys started out with relatively similar opinions and have dug in and seem to have shifted to extremes to make a point.
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

What makes you think i haven't? want to take a look inside my brain?
                        You do realize i can say the same thing about you and DeRozan right?
                        You haven't seen Afflalo play because if you had, you would know that the kid is a very underrated player and yes, you would know that he's better than DeRozan. You can say the same thing about me not watching DeRozan all you want. The Raps games are on cable and I watch all of them. I also have something called NBA League Pass, so I get to watch all the other games in the league and have had it for quite some time now.

Listen, I appreciate what DeRozan does for this team for what he makes, but he ain't better than Afflalo. Sorry.

Sent from my C1904 using Tapatalk

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                          This thread has gotten silly. You guys started out with relatively similar opinions and have dug in and seem to have shifted to extremes to make a point.
                          Does it really matter? most of the threads these days are silly...

Comment

You haven't seen Afflalo play because if you had, you would know that the kid is a very underrated player and yes, you would know that he's better than DeRozan. You can say the same thing about me not watching DeRozan all you want. The Raps games are on cable and I watch all of them. I also have something called NBA League Pass, so I get to watch all the other games in the league and have had it for quite some time now.

Listen, I appreciate what DeRozan does for this team for what he makes, but he ain't better than Afflalo in my opinion. Sorry.

Sent from my C1904 using Tapatalk
                            Fixed it for you

Comment

Does it really matter? most of the threads these days are silly...
                              Very true. banter on.
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

The idea of trading derozan for afflalo is silly, even if Afflalo is better. Fact is, he isn't that much better, at least not enough to take this team to the next level nor good enough to risk destroying the chemistry on this team. Demar has always been a Raptor and clearly wants to be here and win here. No one knows how Afflalo will gel with the team, nor if the team would respond positively to his addition and Demars extraction. It's a risk not worth taking. Furthermore, I would be willing to take the chance that Demar is better at 28 than Afflalo is now.

What people are saying about Afflalo...that he is a good player on a bad team are the same complaints many had of Derozan, except that now, people can't say that because this team is actually pretty good together. Derozan is now a good player on a good team.

I don't know what the problem is anyways, Derozan is a great player to have on your team, when are you guys gonna start cheering for this kid and stop harping on him. Give the guy some love!!

Comment

Working...
                                X