Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next two games -Opportunity to gain media and league wide legitamacy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    I think it would be best to have DD guarding LBJ to prevent the post ups. Ross on Wade for speed. Beating the Heat means beating everyone on the team except LBJ (because you can't). Ray Allen, Wade, Bosh are the ones we need to put our best defenders on.

Its really a nightmare situation either way to guard them.
    This might be a game where you bring Fields in for spot duty on LeBron. Probably the best defender on the team. It seems to me he has done a credible job on Lebron in the past, Maybe I am remembering wrong.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
      This might be a game where you bring Fields in for spot duty on LeBron. Probably the best defender on the team. It seems to me he has done a credible job on Lebron in the past, Maybe I am remembering wrong.
      If Fields had his shot going then we would be so much better. Fucking stupid nerve injury, i love watching fields play

Comment

LOL I forgot about Fields and that we have him buried on our bench!!!

Comment

i doubt we'll see fields guarding lebron. dude hasn't even seen the court in like a month now.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
            i doubt we'll see fields guarding lebron. dude hasn't even seen the court in like a month now.
            He's not too thrilled either. Feel sorry for him

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              I think the Miami game is more winnable than the Pacers one. Because that game will be the 2nd of a back to back for Miami. And Wade usually sits in those games. And we haven't beaten the Heat since the 'Big 3' era. I think we're due right?
              I was thinking this myself, although the match up with Lebron is scary! I don't really care about actually beating either (although that would be nice)!!!

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
              guys, no one expects us to beat both Miami and Indiana , even if we put up a fight I'll be real proud
              ya but your right these two games would be great tho
              I'm more in agreement with lilmamba in that I want to see the raps keep the consistency and high level of play going. We're getting enough attention in the media (Zach Lowe writes about us quite a lot) and even keeping these games close will sustain or get more attention.

consmap wrote: View Post
              Someone on here said earlier that Salmons will probably be tasked with guarding Lebron later on in the game.
              It wouldn't be pretty watching T Ross trying to keep Lebron from backing down in the post.
              OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              I think it would be best to have DD guarding LBJ to prevent the post ups. Ross on Wade for speed. Beating the Heat means beating everyone on the team except LBJ (because you can't). Ray Allen, Wade, Bosh are the ones we need to put our best defenders on.

Its really a nightmare situation either way to guard them.
              Even going all the way back to the 2011 NBA Finals against the Mavs I've always said that you cannot afford to double Lebron and have to match up in single coverage (I think doubling Lebron, along with a couple of key questionable calls, and not being mentally tough enough, was what did in the Thunder in 2012). Both the Pacers and the Spurs did this for the most part in last years play-offs (You'd often see West vs. Lebron, or Diaw vs. Lebron is single coverage...). I even remember both teams NOT throwing a double in the odd scenario where Lebron was matched up against Splitter or Hibbert.

I think the Raptors have to take the same approach. The problem is the Raptors don't have a decent primary defender who matches up body wise with Lebron (aka Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, or even Shawn Marion). I actually would be VERY tempted to start the game with Lowry guarding him. I've seen strong defensive PGs with good foot positioning do a capable job of guarding Lebron in stretches.

I would start the game with lowry guarding him, have Salmons guard him when he is in the game, and have Amir guard him when the Heat play Lebron as a PF in their small ball line ups.

At the end of the game, last four minutes or so, if it's close (and depending on the Heat's line up) I would actually try a line up of

Lowry, DD, AMIR, 2Pat aka PatPat, aka 2 patty piddy pop, and JV. With Amir guarding James and 2Pat guarding Sane Battier.

I think that you can get away with Amir at the SF for a few minutes as long as you have PatPat as the PF since both have decent range so you are bigger than normal but still have spacing on offensive end.

Either way, Lebron is a beast and although you can't stop him, the worst case scenario is him getting everyone else involved. All things being equal I'd much rather see a Lebron Stat line of 35-6-6 than 15-10-10. If you can get Lebron to slide into that I have to do it on my own mentality (to his credit, it's harder to do these days) that's your best chance at winning. Especially if Wade is sitting.

I'm worried about the Cole vs. Vasquez match up. Cole is pretty decent back up PG in my opinion, and I could see him exploiting Vaquez's defense. Vasquez has to do a decent job of navigating Miami's PnR blitz in order to have a good game/be effective/win his PG match up.
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

The tough part of the matchup with Lebron is that unless they think DD is up to covering him (I don't really, I think DD is too small for Bron) then you're almost forced to not play Ross and DD at the same time. Which sucks because that's when Ross shines.

Comment

The key isn't who guards, him, nobody can guard him. The key is finding the guy that is savvy enough to read defenses and keep the ball out of his hands to start with.

You wanna shut a guy down, don't let him touch it. Easier said than done however.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                    The key isn't who guards, him, nobody can guard him. The key is finding the guy that is savvy enough to read defenses and keep the ball out of his hands to start with.

You wanna shut a guy down, don't let him touch it. Easier said than done however.
                    I agree no one can guard, and you aren't going to keep the ball out of his hands or shut him down. The key is finding the guy that is savvy enough to make it harder for him to get the ball and then once he's got it try to keep him from getting the easy ones without doubling

But, I think we are essentially making a very similar point, about trying to minimize his impact.
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                    X