X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT
    replied
    Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    They need someone in the starting line up though. Either JV or Amir need need to play with a bit more attitude.
    No man, JV just needs to land one of those flying elbows into someones face after a rebound lol.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    They need someone in the starting line up though. Either JV or Amir need need to play with a bit more attitude.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    The Heat game today was one where I wish we had an identity of being tougher and nastier. We need someone with a bad attitude on this team, a la Oakley.
    We were missing Tyler. He could have made a difference, especially on the glass.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    The Heat game today was one where I wish we had an identity of being tougher and nastier. We need someone with a bad attitude on this team, a la Oakley.

Leave a comment:

• Masai Ujiri
    replied
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    I agree. Having Ross space the floor for Durant and have DD come in off the bench to provide some scoring with the bench unit would be best
    Actually I think DeRozan would be a better pairing with Durant. Durant has the unique ability of being a superstar scorer while being able to play off ball. He's also an excellent floor spacer which would open up driving lanes for DeRozan.

DeRozan would kind of be the Westbrook (talking strictly about scoring/slashing here, don't get it twisted) for Durant.

Leave a comment:

• ST1R
    replied
    We are Anti-Gay without any bigotry

Leave a comment:

• navyblues
    replied
    which team in the NBA, besides Utah, would not become a contender after *adding* kevin durant?

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    You need to switch Ross and DeRozan, substitute a guy like Aminu for Salmons, and then you have it knocked.
    I agree. Having Ross space the floor for Durant and have DD come in off the bench to provide some scoring with the bench unit would be best

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    The identity is team that plays as a team. It's what Masai constructed in Denver and what he's putting together here.

We're just a star away from being a true contender.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Pele wrote: View Post
    Starting line up

Durant, Demar, Lowry, JV, Amir.

Bench

Ross, Patterson, Salmons, Hansborough, Vazquez....

That's a 10 man rotation that goes all the way. I got to not get too excited thinking about this.....need...to....take...ridlin.
    You need to switch Ross and DeRozan, substitute a guy like Aminu for Salmons, and then you have it knocked.

Leave a comment:

• Pele
    replied
    Starting line up

Durant, Demar, Lowry, JV, Amir.

Bench

Ross, Patterson, Salmons, Hansborough, Vazquez....

That's a 10 man rotation that goes all the way. I got to not get too excited thinking about this.....need...to....take...ridlin.

Leave a comment:

• Pele
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Great post, like the points you have made. But it makes you wonder what elite talent/superstar would fit with this team as is? Forget the how of acquiring such a player for the sake of discussion. What elite player would you grab to add to this roster that would actually improve the team without sacrificing it's identity?
    Kevin Durant. He's the consummate team player. I developed a man-crush on him years ago when he went to play touch football because some guy threw out an invite on twitter.

Durant was made for this team. (how to get him? In Masai we trust)

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    I think you need to look at the comments of opposing coaches and players to get an idea about the identity of the team.

mostly what I read..... Play hard, very disruptive on defence, get out on the shooters and take them out of their comfort zone (ugly games) And a team that is very unselfish and move the ball well.

so there it is.

Tough D, move the ball well offensively.

Leave a comment:

• e_wheazhy_
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Great post, like the points you have made. But it makes you wonder what elite talent/superstar would fit with this team as is? Forget the how of acquiring such a player for the sake of discussion. What elite player would you grab to add to this roster that would actually improve the team without sacrificing it's identity?
    Lebron, Paul George, those guys (especially lebron) are tireless defenders who make life hell for opponents on both ends. Now realistically, we couldn't really add any of those guys and the "pseudo-superstars" we would be able to add would most likely be glorified chuckers, or players who our young guys could develop into.

Look at the Denver squad ujiri built. It didnt have a superstar, nor did he seek to add one. He drafted really well and built a fighting group of guys. And they competed in an western conference that is stacked with talent and competitive teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Laksh
    replied
    That's what I'm struggling to figure out too. It's also a case of, who would I be okay with taking out of the starting line up? I think it'd have to either Demar or Ross. I think Deng would fit the character of the team, but he's not really elite, and I might just rather let Ross develop into a more athletic version of Deng.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X