2012 NBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puffer wrote: View Post
    If he's got game, and is willing to work for a minimum (or low) contract, pick him up for home games and games that are driveable. You could probably get a driver and a car for the cost of a plane flight to about a third to a half of the rest of the games. How many guys in the league are only playing 60 games or less a year because of injuries. He could let you rest some of your other players...all contingent on him having game. I haven't seen him play, so can't comment.
    That is a very interesting idea. Not sure if it would work or not, but it's certainly better than most 15th man riding the bench.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      That is a very interesting idea. Not sure if it would work or not, but it's certainly better than most 15th man riding the bench.
      Could create a weird team dynamic though. Like, who is this guy?
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

My biggest issue with White is that he doesn't seem to like basketball or sports. I could look past anxiety or that he terribly mishandled the Rockets situation, or current limitations as a player. But he hardly played any basketball or practiced during that whole time, according to himself, so what kind of basketball prospect is that?

He has the strength of an NBA PF, he has a good handle for a PF, he can run the floor pretty well. He can bring the ball in transition and pass, but he plays for highlights (tries to make difficult passes) and turns it over a lot. Overall that's not enough to be an NBA player, and he doesn't have anything else. He can't shoot, he's powerfull but smallish inside, so he has no legit ways to score in the NBA.

He's kind of a much less athletic, no defense, no post game, worse shooting Josh Smith.

Well, that's how he looked last year in the DLeague anyway. But since he doesn't play basketball I don't see how he could've improved. He needs to take thousands and thousands of shots and if one day he developed a shot he'd maybe be an NBA player. If he could shoot, he could then bait defenders and use his dribble and muscle his way inside. He'd be a dangerous transition player too. Still would be limited without defense, but a passable player, especially in a run and gun system.
        But learning to shoot takes work.
        Last edited by BobLoblaw; Fri Mar 7, 2014, 03:35 PM.

Comment

To be different:

1. Drummond is a beast: the way he sucks up rebounds is unbelievable.
          2. Davis is a clear all-star, and the second best.

Then there are a cluster of good players:
          3. Green
          4. Lilliard
          5. Henson
          6. MKG
          7. Ross
          8. Plumlee
          9. Lamb

Some disappointments who might work out:
          10. Barnes
          11. Beal
          12. Sullinger

And some busts:
          13. Waiters
          14. Wroten
          15. Nicholson

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
            My biggest issue with White is that he doesn't seem to like basketball or sports. I could look past anxiety or that he terribly mishandled the Rockets situation, or current limitations as a player. But he hardly played any basketball or practiced during that whole time, according to himself, so what kind of basketball prospect is that?

He has the strength of an NBA PF, he has a good handle for a PF, he can run the floor pretty well. He can bring the ball in transition and pass, but he plays for highlights (tries to make difficult passes) and turns it over a lot. Overall that's not enough to be an NBA player, and he doesn't have anything else. He can't shoot, he's powerfull but smallish inside, so he has no legit ways to score in the NBA.

He's kind of a much less athletic, no defense, no post game, worse shooting Josh Smith.

Well, that's how he looked last year in the DLeague anyway. But since he doesn't play basketball I don't see how he could've improved. He needs to take thousands and thousands of shots and if one day he developed a shot he'd maybe be an NBA player. If he could shoot, he could then bait defenders and use his dribble and muscle his way inside. He'd be a dangerous transition player too. Still would be limited without defense, but a passable player, especially in a run and gun system.
            But learning to shoot takes work.
            In other words, mental health issues aside, White was not a sure bet coming out of Iowa State and now he's effed up a fabulous opportunity for an NBA career.

Comment

Kuh wrote: View Post
              To be different:

1. Drummond is a beast: the way he sucks up rebounds is unbelievable.
              2. Davis is a clear all-star, and the second best.

Then there are a cluster of good players:
              3. Green
              4. Lilliard
              Green at no.3, Operation "To be different" is a big success.

Drummond's rebunding is beastly indeed. The list of player seasons with 17%+ offensive rebounding, 27%+ offensive rebounding:
              http://www.basketball-reference.com/...rder_by=season

They didn't record those stats in the 60s, so I imagine maybe Wilt and Russell would belong there too. Either way, Drummond's rebounding is historically special.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                Green at no.3, Operation "To be different" is a big success.

Drummond's rebunding is beastly indeed. The list of player seasons with 17%+ offensive rebounding, 27%+ offensive rebounding:
                http://www.basketball-reference.com/...rder_by=season

They didn't record those stats in the 60s, so I imagine maybe Wilt and Russell would belong there too. Either way, Drummond's rebounding is historically special.
                I wouldn't have guessed he ws so far behind Rodman. Shows what a beast Rodman was.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                  I wouldn't have guessed he ws so far behind Rodman. Shows what a beast Rodman was.
                  Yep. To be fair, current rebounders are at a bit of a disadvantage compared to handcheck era (pre-2005). Teams today take more 3s and that difference is going up every year. More 3s, more long rebounds, fewer easy rebounds for the big guys.

Still, Rodman is the master. But Drummond is a beast as well. Drummond will never put up the same defensive rebound numbers as Rodman I imagine, since Rodman could move like a guard and collect all the loose balls further away. But Drummond might go down as the best offensive rebounder ever next to Moses Malone, if he keeps this up. He dominates the offensive glass and he's still only 20.

Comment

Royce White is likely to play in his first NBA regular season game soon:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...cramento-kings

Looking at the stats, White has not been overwhelming in his recent D League games.

Comment

Working...
                    X