No announcement yet.

Would Anthony Bennett be a good fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see a lot of fit/need at the moment, nor do I see a decent straight-up trade option that would satisfy both teams.

There's two ways I could see it working:

1) Multi-team trade, where spare parts are sent out to a contender (ie: Hansborough & Novak) and perhaps a future 1st round pick goes to Cleveland (ie: lower of TOR / NY/DEN 2016 pick), with Bennett coming to Toronto to be a backup PF.

2) Part of a much larger trade, which is one of multiple deals being made. For example, Hansborough would be sent out in trade #1. Then trade #2 is something like DeRozan & OKC's 2014 2nd round pick to Cleveland for Bennett & Waiters/Karasev & 1st round pick.

Bottom line is I don't see these two teams matching up, but anything can happen.

I really don't like giving DeRozan up for such questionable prospect(s) and such an unknown pick. If DeRozan were to be traded, I'd much prefer it to be on draft night for a known high pick and/or a much more surefire prospect than any Cleveland can offer.

Comment

Trading Novak or fields for Bennett would be dope. I know Bennett has talent, dude is an offensive force. But the Cavs absolutely suck ass at player development. Plus their head coach is mike fucking brown, dudes a moron

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Trading Novak or fields for Bennett would be dope. I know Bennett has talent, dude is an offensive force. But the Cavs absolutely suck ass at player development. Plus their head coach is mike fucking brown, dudes a moron
        Ding Ding Ding. I have no idea how that guy keeps getting head coaching jobs.

Maybe something like Hansbrough, Novak, and a 2016 1st (top 10 protected) for Bennett. I'd do that since we already have two 2016 1sts.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
          Ding Ding Ding. I have no idea how that guy keeps getting head coaching jobs.

Maybe something like Hansbrough, Novak, and a 2016 1st (top 10 protected) for Bennett. I'd do that since we already have two 2016 1sts.
          Ujiri will never give up a first rounder. Maybe a second rounder, and i'm pretty sure the Cavs would consider it. We could just let him develop and get into shape in the D league with Buycks. Its a win win plan really

Comment

I would need to see more of Bennett before I gave away a first rounder for him.
            I do want him on the team though.

Nevermind log-jams and all that, it's just good to have talent.
            I don't know what Bennett's ceiling is, but he is a unique and serviceable talent.
            I'm not sure I've seen a smoother shooting stroke in such a big frame.

I would love to acquire him at relatively low cost and see how he does on a new team.

It's important to keep in mind that we wouldn't need him on the floor during games to evaluate him.
            The coaches could see how he matches up in practice and see how he develops under proper guidance.

Comment

Speaking of top draft picks that haven't really panned out so far, any way we can pry Otto Porter away from Washington if he continues his poor play throughout the whole season?

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                Speaking of top draft picks that haven't really panned out so far, any way we can pry Otto Porter away from Washington if he continues his poor play throughout the whole season?
                I don't know....Jan Vesely has played poorly for 2+ seasons and he's still on their team. I think their GM might be like Colangelo: way too attached to his own draft picks.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                  Nope there GM is way to attached to picks haha
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I think he can turn it around. Right now he's most definitely the worst #1 pick of all-time, he's just been abysmal..But it's really early. He's naturally quite athletic, so I don't agree at all with the comparison to Sullinger, so if he's struggling in that area right now it's more likely he's just way out of shape (which it's widely acknowledged he is) He is quick, has a nice shooting stroke, I dunno...players built as strongly as he is with quickness, leaping ability and shooting ability don't tend to fail very often.
                    I think as long as he is a very hard worker and gets himself in great shape for next season, he could most definitely turn it around. Not if he's just put in the corner whilst Irving or Waiters go 1 on 5 though.
                    Last edited by BigCamB; Wed Jan 8, 2014, 03:44 AM.

Comment

A back door LF trade thread. Can we please, please, please stop suggesting that we can get assets for a guy that has NEGATIVE value. Bennett has had a rockt start, but he has WAY more value than LF. lets be serious

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I'm not willing to give up any assets for Bennett. I'm not interested in any long-term projects, and the fact that he's Canadian doesn't earn any bonus points in my books.
                        seriously. no idea why people give a shit if a player is canadian or not.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          seriously. no idea why people give a shit if a player is canadian or not.
                          Because Canadians are more interested in Canadian players, which expands our fanbase inside Canada, which makes us more attractive to free agents. (If you don't think the fact that the Raps are the #3 team in Toronto after the Leafs and Jays makes a difference, you're wrong.) It's the same reason we tried to rebrand as "Canada's team" except this would actually be more genuine. It's why Masai and Leiweke openly covet Wiggins.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                            Because Canadians are more interested in Canadian players, which expands our fanbase inside Canada, which makes us more attractive to free agents. (If you don't think the fact that the Raps are the #3 team in Toronto after the Leafs and Jays makes a difference, you're wrong.) It's the same reason we tried to rebrand as "Canada's team" except this would actually be more genuine. It's why Masai and Leiweke openly covet Wiggins.

Winning expands the fan base.
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                              My point exactly.

Comment

Isn't anyone concerned about his 5M per salary? If having Fields and Novak at the end of the bench for what they are getting paid is such a concern, then why would anyone want another overpaid player to just sit there? And thats what you're going to get from him at the moment...a nice warm seat. Trading for Bennett is insane, there is no way to get him on the cheap, because he isn't cheap himself. Trading him for Novak and/or Fields is the only thing that makes sense from a TO perspective, and that isn't gonna happen. Including Demar is just bad asset management IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X