Game #34: Detroit Pistons 91 - Toronto Raptors 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    yeah I really don't understand why they signed both Jennings and smith ahah and remember when they tried to trade for Rudy? If they got him that team would be the worst passing team by far hahaha
    dumars went to the bc school of gming where you swing for the fences everytime. but teams will learn you can't just throw any 3 good players together and be a contender. they have to fit perfectly well together with different game styles like bostons' or have a special player like lebron.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      i'm actually laughing just thinking about it
      I could imagine the three of them fighting for the ball after bringing it past halfcourt.

"No! Give ME the ball, my FG% is better than yours!"
      "Your percentage is still crap Rudy!"
      OG is our king

Comment

• When was the last time the Raptors' playoff odds (Hollinger) were 100%? (http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds)

They are playing so well that a 20-point blow-out seems pedestrian for them.

You know how there are so often these debates about whether a bad team needs to change the coach or the roster? For the Raptors, it was the roster.

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
          I would cry if I was a Detroit fan ahha all there players are selfish and the future of there team Andre Drummond gets no touches or anything haha
          You could be describing the Raptors from earlier this season. Jonas not getting touches and DD and Gay not sharing the ball.

Comment

• The Detroit fans on real gm absolutely hate the pistons haha they were begging for Jennings and smith to have career ending injuries so they could never play for the pistons ever again
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I dont think Drummond is a very smart player either. He totally bit on those lame ass JV pump fakes that everyone complains about here because nobody else has ever bit on them outside of summer league scrubs. Resulted in a few highlight plays from JV. He seemed unprepared for JV. Read a scouting report and know not to leap 3ft in the air on those pump fakes.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                I can't name 3 PGs in the east better than Lowry this year.
                That's probably because one could legitimately argue that there are 0.

Although I'd put Wall ahead of him this year, Kyrie no.

Comment

• Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post
                  That's probably because one could legitimately argue that there are 0.

Although I'd put Wall ahead of him this year, Kyrie no.
                  Agree with John Wall, he's been amazing and has become a good leader. Jeff Teague might have an argument as well, but Lowry is right up there.

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
                    Detroit has dumbass leaders -- Jennings & Smith make the most boneheaded plays & their actions do not set a good example for the youngin's.

They have some talent in that roster. I'd argue that talent wise, they are on par if not better than the Raptors. But we have good guys with good characters -- team first, hard work and resilient. Detroit has good guys (I'm sure) with questionable characters -- me first and mentally incapable of handling the smallest bit of adversity.

Caldwell-Pope is a good talent, Drummond has unbelievable potential & Monroe is being underutilized. I question the direction of the team starting with Mr. Dumars. It's safe to say that I'm glad we have Ujiri and Lieweke on the helm.

Good win for the Raptors. The refs are giving us the benefit of the whistle but it's because we deserve it. Our guys play their tails off, we share the ball and we don't back down from anyone. It's good to be a Raptor fan & you can see that they play an overall game now to gut out wins -- instead of relying on hot quarters.

DeMar couldn't buy a shot but he attacked relentlessly, Lowry being a floor general with the dagger 3's, JV outplayed Drummond for the most part & proved that he is offensively more advanced, Amir being Amir, Ross being a floor stretcher, Patty McPat showing upside as a 3rd big & Salmons, Hayes & Vasquez holding down the early 2nd and 4th qtr stretches.
                    Monroe plays very little defence.

Comment

• Watching Smith and Jennings play is comical.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Detroit is so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Solid Tank...Detroit gets it, they know how it all works!

Comment

• I also want to add and i've been saying this since last year. Give me JV over Drummond anyday of the week.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jennings never passed to Drummond or Greg Monroe trade him quick hes terrible for that team.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                              Solid Tank...Detroit gets it, they know how it all works!
                              A tank after they signed two supposed big-name FA's.. I'd cry if I was a Pistons fan.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Pill wrote: View Post
                                I dont think Drummond is a very smart player either. He totally bit on those lame ass JV pump fakes that everyone complains about here because nobody else has ever bit on them outside of summer league scrubs. Resulted in a few highlight plays from JV. He seemed unprepared for JV. Read a scouting report and know not to leap 3ft in the air on those pump fakes.
                                You can't tell me these guys don't watch film either. The pump fake is literally the first thing he does EVERY TIME he catches the ball. How some defenders have not caught onto that is blowing my mind.
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X