Game #34: Detroit Pistons 91 - Toronto Raptors 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    A tank after they signed two supposed big-name FA's.. I'd cry if I was a Pistons fan.
    Well the East is so bad they will probably still make the playoffs. Never should have given up on Knight He would have ran this team better as well. Poor guy had a bad season got shipped to Bucks for a chucker and a head case.

Comment

• I love the painfully slow pump fake , Kirilenko has one as well and it ALWAYS works. Of course, JV's should never work as he never actually shoots the 15 footer , even though I think he is capable of it! Was fun seeing Drummond abused by it though, considering he is the guy JV is most often compared to. Drummond got 15 boards but JV vastly outplayed him overall, altered a lot of shots as well to go with the 16 pts and 11 rebounds.

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
        You can't tell me these guys don't watch film either. The pump fake is literally the first thing he does EVERY TIME he catches the ball. How some defenders have not caught onto that is blowing my mind.
        But still, it's a no-consequence move. If the times he did it tonight he instead didn't, he doesn't get those drives. If Drummond doesn't bite, he's in the same spot as if he didn't do it...but since he did, he got easy dunks. Guys fall for it every now and then, and that's all that matters. Even sometimes against good defensive players like Noah.

*I mean, he is playing the position where it's probably most likely that his opponent's first instinct will be to go for the block
        Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Jan 9, 2014, 01:58 AM.

Comment

• Detroit is so hilariously mediocre btw. I just don't understand how their front office didn't see that coming, it was really obvious. Signing Smith when you have Monroe and Drummond and making him into a small forward, he's the least efficient shooter in the league, look at his shot chart, it's so funny. Their spacing is hilarious. Add in Brandon Jennings who is horrid, and you have disaster. They look like they just go through the motions as well.

Comment

• That wasn't really a great win, but it sure is nice to watch a team beat themselves during a Raptors game and not be that team.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
              Solid Tank...Detroit gets it, they know how it all works!
              Ya that stealth tank going down in Mo-Town.

Sign 2 high-priced guys that can't shoot, tank away!

Only problem is they don't have their pick if it's not top 8 lol. And they have no cap flexibility. So close...

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                Detroit is so hilariously mediocre btw. I just don't understand how their front office didn't see that coming, it was really obvious. Signing Smith when you have Monroe and Drummond and making him into a small forward, he's the least efficient shooter in the league, look at his shot chart, it's so funny. Their spacing is hilarious. Add in Brandon Jennings who is horrid, and you have disaster. They look like they just go through the motions as well.
                They'd actually be a lot better off with Gay (at least the non-chucking version that's playing in Sac)

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  I also want to add and i've been saying this since last year. Give me JV over Drummond anyday of the week.
                  Give me both.
                  Drummond gets 2 BS,1 assist, 16 boards , 6 points on a bad day.

Comment

• Thinking you can get away with a frontline of Drummond, Monroe and Smith with their zero floor spacing is beyond stupid, especially in the era of analytics and throw in Brandon "ChuckFest" Jennings as your PG and the team, with all their talent, are horrible, even in the east

Comment

• Bad GM, bad coach, in a bad conference = the true treadmill team in the East

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                        Bad GM, bad coach, in a bad conference = the true treadmill team in the East
                        i blame darko. dumars has to get fired this year. how bad his free agent signings have been is incredible.

Comment

• http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=2746

The wonders of Josh Smith.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                            Holy Crap ... That's worse than Raptors-Era Rudy Gay.

Comment

• And some people here wants to trade DeRozan for Smith. S M H.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                              X